Obama ignores law for pardons = Bad; Bundy ignores law = GOOD!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Anyone notice this crap?

Several threads, as well as many stories on right wing websites, are bashing Obama for pardoning non-violent drug criminals. They are saying things like "He and Holder don't like how the courts are working" and that they are "ignoring the rule of law".

Um.....just last week, the right wing was glorifying a bunch of militia members with assault rifles protesting the enforcement of a court order, and a man who was ignoring the rule of law and court orders associated with that rule of law.

So, is it RIGHT or WRONG to dislike how courts are ruling and to ignore or disobey the rule of law?????

Progressive GOP War on Drugs sentencing was harsh and wrong. Drug courts do a better job of rehabilitation than prison ever has...

Progressive GOP War on Drugs sentencing was harsh and wrong. Drug courts do a better job of rehabilitation than prison ever has...

Prison isnt for rehabilitation. Thats part of the issue. Prison is for punishment. The best thing would be to make the guy sober and spend 6 months in a room ful of doped up people. Hell want to kill them and their doper laugh after 20 min. Hopefully he will, see how stupid it is and quit

I thought you were a cop, now youre arguing over letting criminals out of jail. If its a case of simple possesion, why do you need a presidential pardon?

and as for th op. We love to see the feds get screwed and hopefully we can reduce the amount of federal land in these areas.

I guess the right doesnt care about whats true or not and made up their minds that Bundy is right no matter what

yeah, no offense intended, but I think Obama has ample authority to do this. His first term was a unmitigated disaster on this issue, and even toe DOJ admonished the guy in charge of recommending cases for leniency, and he's now quit. But, assuming his administration really does lay down some reasonable guidelines to commute sentences of non-violent people who were sentenced to long terms under mandatory sentencing, Obama might actually affect some hope and change.

I thought you were a cop, now youre arguing over letting criminals out of jail. If its a case of simple possesion, why do you need a presidential pardon?
Considering that William Calley got a Presidential pardon for the My Lai massacre in Vietnam from the same **** of a President who started the fucking drug war, it shouldn't matter to anyone that someone with a bag of weed gets a pardon, as well.

I guess the right doesnt care about whats true or not and made up their minds that Bundy is right no matter what

It's NOT about the Cows..It's about the Federal Government owning State Land especially in the western states. Federal Government owning 86% of Nevada is troublesome and needs to be re-evaluated. We want our land back that we pay state taxes for. Maybe those in Nevada should only pay14% of their state taxes since most of the state is owned by the Feds.

I'd like to see all that fed firepower on the border instead of on American cows eating grass.

And No One was carrying assault weapons such as AK47s. They're illegal!!!
An AR15 is a Semi- auto rifle that holds a magazine. Huge difference....
An excellent choice for use by a female like me...No Kickback!!!

Last edited:
The presidunce has authority to commute these sentences. He's not pardoning them. Then we will have thousands of violent felons on the streets. That's what obama really wants anyway.

It's NOT about the Cows..It's about the Federal Government owning State Land especially in the western states. Federal Government owning 86% of Nevada is troublesome and needs to be revaluated. We want our land back that we pay state taxes for. Maybe those in Nevada should only pay14% of their state taxes since most of the state is owned by the Feds.

And No One was carrying assault weapons such as AK47s. They're illegal!!!
An AR15 is just a Semi- auto rifle that holds a magazine. Huge difference....

a AK-47 doesn't have a magazine? The US controls that land through a treaty with Nevada...

Sweeping generalizations = BAD.

Obama hasn't even pardoned any of these "thousands" yet and already people are making shit up about it.

Manufactured bullshit is bad enough, but now we have pre-emptive manufactured bullshit? Really?

First, we don't know if Obama is going to pardon anyone, much less thousands. There is a difference between a pardon and a commutation.

Second, if a guy was caught with three grams of crack and sentenced to a billion years in prison, is it really BAD if he gets his sentence commuted?

Third, if thousands of people were given a billion years each in prison, while others who were caught with a different form of the same drug were given far lighter sentences, is it Obama who is bad for commuting the higher sentences, or is it the law that is bad?

There are too many deranged people around here who do nothing but react reflexively. "Obama did something? It MUST be bad!"

This time, he hasn't even done anything yet, and people are already saying it is a bad thing! Fucking amazing!

The problem here is that the rubes just loooooooove their mandatory sentencing laws. Love, love, love, love them. And, please, whatever you do, do NOT explain to them the unintended consquences of these laws. That is just WAY too complicated.

Last edited:
wow, another bundy thread

A man defending himself and his family from being brutalized by a tyrannical over reacting government is renting the largest space in all libtardian minds.

god I hope he runs for office

What you are missing is that being in prison for a non violent drug offense is not the same as being a non violent offender. Many of those in prison for a non violent offense have rap sheets that include violent offenses
Many others are in prison for a non violent drug offense as a consequence of a plea bargain with dismissing a violent offense in exchange for a guilty plea on the drug charge.

wow, another bundy thread

A man defending himself and his family from being brutalized by a tyrannical over reacting government is renting the largest space in all libtardian minds.

god I hope he runs for office

Agree. The handwringing by the left over this is quite the spectacle beyond being entertaining.

and as for th op. We love to see the feds get screwed and hopefully we can reduce the amount of federal land in these areas.

Because it's a federal charge.

I was. I saw firsthand just how ineffective drug laws are, and how much money, time and resources are wasted in fighting a battle that is almost pointless. Not to mention police officers and citizens who get killed in the process.

Its easy to just throw a blanket ideology at the drug problem. But when you've seen it up close, you get a different viewpoint.

Forum List

Back