Obama in serious trouble--Sestak confirms WH offer to drop out of Senate race

If President Obama, or his administration, attempted to tamper with a federal election, that is a serious charge.

Last edited:
Whats the crime???

Sestek has stated they offered him a job, he rufused the job. This has gone on since forever in DC.

Ran for the seat and he won. Good for him.

Arlen Specter bit the dust. Great.

What would a cover up be?? Why cover up a job offer??

Sestek hasn't said anyone threatened him if he didn't take the job so what "crime" are we speaking about??

I think some on the board are really reaching for a "crime" here folks.

I've changed my view. If the charges that Sestak was offered a job to drop out of the senate race that would be tampering with a federal election and a serious charge.

Hadn't looked at it in that light??

Wonder if it could be considered as a bribe??

I've changed my view. If the charges that Sestak was offered a job to drop out of the senate race that would be tampering with a federal election and a serious charge.

I'm wondering if it could be considered a bribe. Unfortunately, we expect some horse trading in politics.

Last edited:
So far this administration has refused to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate this. They announced recently that they have no future plans of appointing a Special Prosecutor. This seems pretty disturbing to me. Aren't these the same Democrats who constantly demanded the previous administration appoint Special Prosecutors? The previous administration did oblige the Democrats and did appoint a Special Prosecutor. In fact prosecutions occured as a result. I would be very interested in hearing what people think about this. Should a Special Prosecutor be appointed to investigate this possible Sestak bribe? Thanks.
One of the major reasons the Republicans are fighting so hard to win the House is to get subpoena powers. Then they can force the administration to appoint special prosecutors, issue subpoenas, and bury the administration with endless requests for information. This has nothing to do with the investigation of possible wrongdoing. Rather it is just an attempt to block the administration and render it ineffective. When the Republicans get in power, the Democrats will follow a similar strategy. The war between right and left continues and the American people lose.

Legal experts reject Fox's allegation that Sestak was "bribed" | Media Matters for America

I think a better subject of investigation would be "What's in the water that some of you are drinking?"

You people have the same symptoms as rabid raccoons.

Then you get all upset when rational folks don't take you seriously.:cuckoo:

I'm wondering if it could be considered a bribe. Unfortunately, we expect some horse trading in politics.

So right. I know this kind of wheeling and dealing goes on all the time in Congress.

The WH had their attorneys look at what happened and they didnt' see anything to get excited about. Of course. They all work for Barry Boy.

The statement below is pretty cut and dried. I guess mayby there could be a crime.

U.S. Law states that it is a felony to offer a candidate for public office anything of substance, such as a job, in exchange for that candidate dropping out of a race. Pennsylvania Democrat Joe Sestak, who defeated Arlen Specter for the Democratic Senatorial nomination, claims the White House did exactly that.

Kinda have to wonder if this isn't why Barry Boy and his possee haven't come forward with their side of the tale?? Felony

Hmmm very interesting. Will have to follow this to see where it may lead.

So far this administration has refused to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate this. They announced recently that they have no future plans of appointing a Special Prosecutor. This seems pretty disturbing to me. Aren't these the same Democrats who constantly demanded the previous administration appoint Special Prosecutors? The previous administration did oblige the Democrats and did appoint a Special Prosecutor. In fact prosecutions occured as a result. I would be very interested in hearing what people think about this. Should a Special Prosecutor be appointed to investigate this possible Sestak bribe? Thanks.

I thought you people believed that Special Prosecutors were against the law? Except when it's a dem.

Oh, there was no crime.

One of the major reasons the Republicans are fighting so hard to win the House is to get subpoena powers. Then they can force the administration to appoint special prosecutors, issue subpoenas, and bury the administration with endless requests for information. This has nothing to do with the investigation of possible wrongdoing. Rather it is just an attempt to block the administration and render it ineffective. When the Republicans get in power, the Democrats will follow a similar strategy. The war between right and left continues and the American people lose.

Legal experts reject Fox's allegation that Sestak was "bribed" | Media Matters for America

That's a very interesting link you offered. Puts the whole issue in perspective.

Kenny Starr....Where fore art thou?

The GOP needs you

still pouting because he spent 70 million dollars of our money to find a blue dress and still wasn't good enough to get to the supreme court.

lol.

Don't forget what was spent in the Whitewater investigation....A glimpse of what is to come if the republicans ever get control of the House or Senate again

While on the subject of not forgetting things, Starr took over the Whitewater investigations from Fiske (?). But I can never keep it straight if it resulted in 14 or 17 convictions, and way to lazy to look it up.

there was NO CRIME,

this is what is CALLED POLITICS OR POLITICKING.

the article said sestak was offered a position in the whitehouse long before he even chose to enter himself in to the race against spector...sestak had not even entered the race so he CERTAINLY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ASKED TO QUIT HIS RACE against spector because he was not even running yet, for jimminee's sake.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You guys are too much! And deranged....please, for the love of God, seek help for your hatred which takes your logic with you!

"People horse trade politically all the time," Stan Brand, a prominent Washington criminal defense lawyer told TPMmuckraker. "So I don't put much stock in this, and I don't think its gonna go anywhere."

Even those who used to prosecute public corruption cases agree. "Talk about criminalizing the political process!" said Peter Zeidenberg, a former federal prosecutor with the Justice Department's Public Integrity unit. "It would be horrible precedent if what really truly is political horsetrading were viewed in the criminal context of: is this a corrupt bribe?"

And Melanie Sloan, a former federal prosecutor who as the head of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington isn't known for going on easy public corruption, concurred. "There is no bribery case here," she said. "No statute has ever been used to prosecute anybody for bribery in circumstances like this."

Sloan added that Issa's move was more about politics. "It's not at all about whether there was actual criminal wrongdoing," she said. "It's about how to go after Sestak." (yah yah yah, the source is crapola yahdeedah....don't bother sayin....k?) Even CREW Says Sestak's Claim Of Job Offer Is No Scandal | TPMMuckraker

I think the administration's defenders are getting ahead of themselves. Gibbs hasn't even acknowledged a job was offered to begin with, let alone a condition. Am I wrong?

So his only recourse is to accuse the Democrat candidate for the Senate seat in PA of being a bold-faced liar???:confused:

Tell me how that works out...huh??:cool:

there was NO CRIME,

the article said sestak was offered a position in the whitehouse long before he even chose to enter himself in to the race against spector...sestak had not even entered the race so he CERTAINLY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ASKED TO QUIT HIS RACE against spector because he was not even running yet, for jimminee's sake.

You guys are too much! And deranged....please, for the love of God, seek help for your hatred which takes your logic with you!

"People horse trade politically all the time," Stan Brand, a prominent Washington criminal defense lawyer told TPMmuckraker. "So I don't put much stock in this, and I don't think its gonna go anywhere."

Even those who used to prosecute public corruption cases agree. "Talk about criminalizing the political process!" said Peter Zeidenberg, a former federal prosecutor with the Justice Department's Public Integrity unit. "It would be horrible precedent if what really truly is political horsetrading were viewed in the criminal context of: is this a corrupt bribe?"

And Melanie Sloan, a former federal prosecutor who as the head of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington isn't known for going on easy public corruption, concurred. "There is no bribery case here," she said. "No statute has ever been used to prosecute anybody for bribery in circumstances like this."

Sloan added that Issa's move was more about politics. "It's not at all about whether there was actual criminal wrongdoing," she said. "It's about how to go after Sestak." (yah yah yah, the source is crapola yahdeedah....don't bother sayin....k?) Even CREW Says Sestak's Claim Of Job Offer Is No Scandal | TPMMuckraker

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Several felonies were committed. All it takes is someone pressing charges.

Get the parties involved under oath.

Last edited:
I think the administration's defenders are getting ahead of themselves. Gibbs hasn't even acknowledged a job was offered to begin with, let alone a condition. Am I wrong?

So his only recourse is to accuse the Democrat candidate for the Senate seat in PA of being a bold-faced liar???:confused:

Tell me how that works out...huh??:cool:

Gibbs won't say anything other than trust us. He won't acknowledge a job was offered, he won't call Sestak out. Not a bad way to play a losing hand really.

I'm waiting for the WH to start complaining of a right-wing witch-hunt and to liken this matter to the birther's allegations, before saying we have much more important matters to tend to.

The strategy seems pretty clear: don't say a damn thing.

there was NO CRIME,

Doesn't matter. If the WH said, for example, "We know you're planning on challenging Benedict Arlen for the nomination. Back off from that, and we'll make you secretary of the Navy," a crime was committed.

there was NO CRIME,

Doesn't matter. If the WH said, for example, "We know you're planning on challenging Benedict Arlen for the nomination. Back off from that, and we'll make you secretary of the Navy," a crime was committed.

But, if the White House left out the "We know you're planning on challenging Arlen for the nomination. Back off from that" part - and just offered him the job, no crime was committed. And why the fuck would the White House say it then?

There's no evidence so far. You guys seem to assume that the White House lawyers are incompetent - because that's the only way that "a crime" would have been committed.

there was NO CRIME,

But, if the White House left out the "We know you're planning on challenging Arlen for the nomination. Back off from that" part - and just offered him the job, no crime was committed. And why the fuck would the White House say it then?

There's no evidence so far. You guys seem to assume that the White House lawyers are incompetent - because that's the only way that "a crime" would have been committed.

Who says it was a WH lawyer who made the offer? Hell for that matter, who says an offer was made? Not Gibbs.

If a job had been offered in July, is it still open and available for him? I mean, why wouldn't the WH just come out and say, "Yes, we offered him a job as _______. He said he had plans to run for the Senate nomination. We told him we were pulling for Arlen but wished him luck, anyway. We hope he'll reconsider, cuz we still have _______ waiting for him."

You know what would be really good for Democrats here?

For Republicans to actually start some type of investigation into this going.

Oh, I know, it's seems that that would be the last thing Democrats want...

But if the public sees them wasting all their time trying to peg a crime to the President, that most people care nothing about (and many people don't even know is a crime in the first place), again, they'll crash and burn, hard.

Forum List

Back