Obama is to blame for this

Thanks to Republicans.....we'll never get rid of racism.

Hey, racist-baiter, read this:

The political enforcement of Jim Crow was entirely in Democratic hands. The Ku Klux Klan functioned as the paramilitary wing of the Democratic party, and it was used to drive Republicans out of the South after the Civil War. Before he took up the cause of civil rights as president, Lyndon Johnson acting as Senate majority leader blocked the GOP’s 1956 civil-rights bill, and gutted Eisenhower’s 1957 Civil Rights Act. Democratic senators filibustered the GOP’s 1960 Civil Rights Act.

Read more at: Setting the Record Straight on Jim Crow, by John Fund, National Review

Hey, racism denier....read this:

Nearly 100% of Union state Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act compared to 85% of Republicans. None of the southern Republicans voted for the bill, while a small percentage of southern Democrats did.

The same pattern holds true when looking at ideology instead of party affiliation. The folks over at Voteview.com, who created DW-nominate scores to measure the ideology of congressmen and senators, found that the more liberal a congressman or senator was the more likely he would vote for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, once one controlled for a factor closely linked to geography.

That's why Strom Thurmond left the Democratic party soon after the Civil Right Act passed. He recognized that of the two parties, it was the Republican party that was more hospitable to his message. The Republican candidate for president in 1964, Barry Goldwater, was one of the few non-Confederate state senators to vote against the bill. He carried his home state of Arizona and swept the deep southern states – a first for a Republican ever.

Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten

I suppose you think that all the Democrats moved out of the South and Republicans moved in to replace them.....bwahaha....I wouldn't be surprised if you did.

I get the distinct feeling that nothing would surprise you, except peace.

I'm not surprised with your hypocrisy.

What hypocrisy?

I'm not surprised that you don't even recognize your hypocrisy even when it is being pointed out to you.

Carry on, lemming #2.

No, idiot, did you hear Obama say that? The OP is saying it is Obama's fault....so, put on your dunce hat, you seem to not understand the conversation.

You sweet-talking cactus, listen to what Obama said. Key word, listen.

You stunted rock.....Obama has not encouraged violence. Trumpf has. Do your homework.

Sweet-talking cactus, do always spread such love?

As opposed to hate, you stunted rock, yeah, pretty much.

You're much too kind, gentle cactus.

I know......you're way worse than just plain hate....for a stunted rock.

Forum List

Back