Obama just announced a $200 million program for non whites only

Again, how does this initiative violate the 14th? Be specific.

It amazes me how the left thinks this sort of nonsense is so clever.

Is the program, which uses federal resources, availible to all Americans, with regard to color or creed?

Yes.

I don't think you understand the proposed program at all. It's not something that only black people are allowed to use, or a cash handout. It's a public education effort.

So, define what the White House means by "people of color" then?

What "civil rights" are being denied to anyone?

Article XIV.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The president will create a new interagency My Brother’s Keeper Task Force headed by Broderick Johnson, the Cabinet secretary and assistant to the president. Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Attorney General Eric Holder, Labor Secretary Thomas Perez and other senior officials will be personally involved in “My Brother’s Keeper,” according to Jarrett.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's violating the Constitution.

He is not dictator, nor king, regardless of how much you may wish he was.

Again, how does this initiative violate the 14th? Be specific.

First off because such initiative only allows for blacks to receive benefit of it. Second, when the 14th speaks of equal protection, it means you can't make laws in respect for for one class over another. You deny them protections under that law by tailoring it for one skin color or race over another. Such is unconstitutional. That law must equally apply to everyone. The initiative gives off an impression that the President is only interested in helping people of his skin color or others like hispanics get ahead while leaving the rest of America out in the cold. Hence "nor shall any State...deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Hmmm..

I guess I got confused by the "Honky need not apply" signs plastered all over it..

I don't think you understand the proposed program at all. It's not something that only black people are allowed to use, or a cash handout. It's a public education effort.

You "understand" wrong.

It is for "people of color" and a "race based initiative."

{The president personally ordered his senior staff to come up with this new “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative in the wake of the shooting of Florida teen Trayvon Martin two years ago. Obama — who was criticized by civil rights leaders for avoiding race-based initiatives and conversations while in office}

Here's the thing, the cash is provided by private sources, so from that aspect this a racist program, but not illegal. Where Obama crosses the line is by ordering federal departments to participate

Hey, Obama shits all over the Constitution on a daily basis - this is nothing new for him.

I think reading the title is actually the problem.

You have to read the whole article to understand what you're talking about.

I did. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Which leads me to question if you yourself know what it is you speak of.

The intent of the initiative is made clear in the very introduction

President Obama is taking action to launch My Brother’s Keeper – a new initiative to help every boy and young man of color who is willing to do the hard work to get ahead.

Also in the post script of this fact sheet it gives away the clear intentions of this initiative:

Data shows that boys and young men of color, regardless of socio-economic background, are disproportionately at risk throughout the journey from their youngest years to college and career. For instance, large disparities remain in reading proficiency, with 86 percent of black boys and 82 percent of Hispanic boys reading below proficiency levels by the fourth grade – compared to 58 percent of white boys reading below proficiency levels.

I did. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Which leads me to question if you yourself know what it is you speak of.

President Obama is taking action to launch My Brother’s Keeper – a new initiative to help every boy and young man of color who is willing to do the hard work to get ahead.

Knowledge is rarely the problem when dealing with democrats.

The problem with democrats is one of integrity.

Knowledge is rarely the problem when dealing with democrats.

The problem with democrats is one of integrity.

Perhaps, but in this case, its a problem of attention.

Nevahmind. It's about dem dere niggrahs.

God help us when Sissy Steve comes up with a thread about dem dere homersexual niggrahs.

"Intentions" can't violate the 14th.

Are you moving the goal posts now?

Nope. These initiatives carry with them the force of law. Thus they violate the 14th. The Government itself cannot use its resources to deny equal protection under this specific initiative. If race specific laws in the Civil Rights era were found to be unconstitutional, and legislation on gay marriage is unconstitutional, race based initiatives like this one are also unconstitutional. Just following the same logic other liberals use in this instance.

Forum List

Back