Obama just announced a $200 million program for non whites only

No one is "getting" anything.

Exactly. I have all the confidence in the world that this is just a waste on taxpayer dollars.

Again, there are no tax dollars involved. But you're right that its likely a waste of money.

And how exactly do you think they're paying for this? He issued a Presidential Memorandum, a kin to an Executive order that would establish: "the My Brother’s Keeper Task Force, an interagency effort, chaired by Assistant to the President and Cabinet Secretary Broderick Johnson" which "will help us determine what public and private efforts are working and how to expand upon them, how the Federal Government’s own policies and programs can better support these efforts, and how to better involve State and local officials, the private sector, and the philanthropic community in these efforts."

Last edited:
Again, there are no tax dollars involved. But you're right that its likely a waste of money.

And how exactly do you think they're paying for this?

I thought you said you read the article.

It's all coming from private donations.

I have. Have you? Why would I be posting excerpts from the article here right now? You aren't even attempting to debate me honestly, you simply accuse me of "not reading the article."

Last edited:

Does a person have to be 100% to get this? What if they're only 75% or 50% or 25%?

Are they fucked?

Do they have to show proof?

Madness.

Huh?

"seeks to intervene in the lives of boys at key points: by providing prekindergarten education, lifting third-grade reading proficiency, leading schools away from “zero tolerance” disciplinary policies that kick misbehaving students out of school, and persuading businesses to train and hire young men of color."

That would be called "getting" something. Based on nothing more than the color of their skin. Wanna try again?

And by the way, you didn't answer my question: What if someone is only 25% or 50% or 75%? Are they fucked? Do they have to prove they're 100%?

Does a person have to be 100% to get this? What if they're only 75% or 50% or 25%?

Are they fucked?

Madness.

Huh?

"seeks to intervene in the lives of boys at key points: by providing prekindergarten education, lifting third-grade reading proficiency, leading schools away from “zero tolerance” disciplinary policies that kick misbehaving students out of school, and persuading businesses to train and hire young men of color."

That would be called "getting" something. Based on nothing more than the color of their skin. Wanna try again?

And by the way, you didn't answer my question: What if someone is only 25% or 50% or 75%? Are they fucked? Do they have to prove they're 100%?

That would be pre-k for everyone, not just for black kids.

Are they fucked?

Madness.

Huh?

Actually, it's based upon republican governments raping the city, county and municipal tills to feed their special interests.

Years ago those young black men were young Irish men. The same programs were created to bring them out of the ghetto. Would you have been against it too?

Doc, Doc my friend. I think you are in a state of denial. Obama is directing agencies in our executive branch of government (who are run solely with taxpayer money) to "ensure opportunity for boys and young men of color." If I also remember correctly, a Presidential Memorandum also carries with it the weight of law, which means it does violate the 14th Amendment and in some ways the Civil Rights Act. I thought we weren't in the habit of launching race specific initiatives?

Last edited:

Huh?

That would be pre-k for everyone, not just for black kids.

Where does it say "Pre-K for everyone", doc?

I have. Have you? Why would I be posting excerpts from the article here right now? You aren't even attempting to debate me honestly, you simply accuse me of "not reading the article."

I question whether you've read the article because you keep claiming things that aren't true, and are explained fairly clearly in the article.

Huh?

Actually, it's based upon republican governments raping the city, county and municipal tills to feed their special interests.

Years ago those young black men were young Irish men. The same programs were created to bring them out of the ghetto. Would you have been against it too?

You're kidding with this right?

I question whether you've read the article because you keep claiming things that aren't true, and are explained fairly clearly in the article.

And you aren't explaining to me why these things I claim aren't true. Doc, this isn't like you. And what exactly is "explained fairly clearly in the article"? In that article alone, the article refers to people of color 15 times. I think it explains very clearly who it is specifically designed to help, which while a noble effort, is against the law.

Obama's election was supposed to take us into a new post-racial era - where black and white and brown could live in harmony. And yet we are more divided than ever.

And if you're keying in on this little excerpt in that fact sheet, let me quash your hopes right here liberals:

The effort launched today is focused on unlocking the full potential of boys and young men of color – something that will not only benefit them, but all Americans.

This is a contradiction. How are people of color representative of "all Americans"? How does this initiative help "all Americans" when the aims of goals are specifically directed at helping people of color?

Stop deluding yourselves.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting the link.

"President Barack Obama will announce a $200 million commitment from nine foundations (private entities NOT a government program!!!)on Thursday afternoon to bolster the lives of young men and boys of color."

"The funding is part of a larger initiative from the White House to bring private businesses, nonprofits and local governments together to intervene in key moments in the lives of young black and Hispanic men to ensure they stay in school and eventually train for and get good jobs."

The funny thing with some people (not necessarily you) is that they cry "why doesn't Obama doing something for 'The Blacks'?", then true to form when he does something for 'The Blacks', they cry about that!
Thanks! :lol:

And you aren't explaining to me why these things I claim aren't true. Doc, this isn't like you. And what exactly is "explained fairly clearly in the article"? In that article alone, the article refers to people of color 15 times. I think it explains very clearly who it is specifically designed to help, which while a noble effort, is against the law.

I have tried to explain, but I've been posting on my phone, and it's harder to get my point across.

Here are a few of the issues I was talking about:

1. The program is entirely funded by private donations, not federal funds. The "task force" is, as the article explains, nothing but a way to centralize the local efforts. The members of the "task force" are already employed by the government, and won't be getting a raise.

2. Who the initiative is intended to help is irrelevant. Intentions don't hold legal status, and nothing about this program will create any laws that discriminate, or deny any rights to anyone. Therefore, it doesn't violate the 14th. Domestic violence programs are generally "intended" to help battered women. Do you think those violate the 14th?

Forum List

Back