Obama just announced a $200 million program for non whites only

Correct.

And you find that acceptable?

It's dishonest, so it fits with the goal of democrats.

I opposed TARP and Obama's Porkulus - LOUDLY.

But the claim that $800 billion was given to banks is a flat out lie. Jason is not sentient, so such concepts have no meaning to him. He is an automaton spewing leftist hating points.

Loans were made to banks - which I state again that I bitterly oppose - bailing out bad investments perverts the market and destroys needed corrections.

But these were loans of which every penny was repaid, and accounted for less than 10% of TARP. MOST of TARP went to bailing out homeowners. That's right, those people who bought million dollar homes on a $40K salary found TARP subsidizing them. Those who bought what they could afford got fucked in the ass.

And of course, the single LARGEST recipient was General Motors, to bail out the United Auto Workers union.

This is complete nonsense. No TARP money was used to "bail out" homeowners, it all went to the banks - all 415 billion.

95% has been paid back so far.

Read it carefully. The money is from private foundations, not tax dollars.

Organizations like The NAACP, etc. can be as racist as they want and you better not bitch or you're racist.

Would could possibly be wrong with that?

The problem is that Obama has federal agencies involved.

{The president will create a new interagency My Brother’s Keeper Task Force headed by Broderick Johnson, the Cabinet secretary and assistant to the president. Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Attorney General Eric Holder, Labor Secretary Thomas Perez and other senior officials will be personally involved in “My Brother’s Keeper,” according to Jarrett.}

This is a direct violation of the 14th Amendment - which fits with the democrats war on civil rights.

Look at the huge problems within the black community and you will understand that something needs to be done. Our cities are war zones as they're killing each other...50% of all murders are committed by blacks and 90% of that is black on black.

Educational and a program to strengthen the family does make sense.

End the welfare state and you'll fix the problem.

There is no such thing as the ‘welfare state,’ where public assistance is merely a symptom of more complex, deep-rooted problems that can’t be addressed with simple ‘solutions.’

Moreover, the funding for the programs comes from the private sector, having nothing to do with ‘welfare.’

Although this and similar programs are a good start, they can’t succeed alone; success can only be realized via a comprehensive, pragmatic approach involving both private and public sectors.

Read it carefully. The money is from private foundations, not tax dollars.

Organizations like The NAACP, etc. can be as racist as they want and you better not bitch or you're racist.

Would could possibly be wrong with that?

The problem is that Obama has federal agencies involved.

{The president will create a new interagency My Brother’s Keeper Task Force headed by Broderick Johnson, the Cabinet secretary and assistant to the president. Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Attorney General Eric Holder, Labor Secretary Thomas Perez and other senior officials will be personally involved in “My Brother’s Keeper,” according to Jarrett.}

This is a direct violation of the 14th Amendment - which fits with the democrats war on civil rights.

What section of the 14th does this violate, and how?

What "civil rights" are being denied to anyone?

Article XIV.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The president will create a new interagency My Brother’s Keeper Task Force headed by Broderick Johnson, the Cabinet secretary and assistant to the president. Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Attorney General Eric Holder, Labor Secretary Thomas Perez and other senior officials will be personally involved in “My Brother’s Keeper,” according to Jarrett.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's violating the Constitution.

He is not dictator, nor king, regardless of how much you may wish he was.

Handouts to rich, white Wall Streeters? OK.

Handouts to poor, black Americans? Not ok.

Mmmkay.

This is complete nonsense. No TARP money was used to "bail out" homeowners, it all went to the banks - all 415 billion.

95% has been paid back so far.

Chicanery.

Joe takes loan in Anaheim for $885K on a 1% interst only ARM from Scam of America. 5 years later, interest rate goes to 5% and a balloon of the principle is due. Joe defaults.

BUT wait "Keep your home California," funded by the Trouble Asset Relief Program covers the balloon payment to S of A, and the DoctorisIn declares that the bank was bailed out...

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

What "civil rights" are being denied to anyone?

Article XIV.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The president will create a new interagency My Brother’s Keeper Task Force headed by Broderick Johnson, the Cabinet secretary and assistant to the president. Education Secretary Arne Duncan, Attorney General Eric Holder, Labor Secretary Thomas Perez and other senior officials will be personally involved in “My Brother’s Keeper,” according to Jarrett.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's violating the Constitution.

He is not dictator, nor king, regardless of how much you may wish he was.

Again, how does this initiative violate the 14th? Be specific.

Look at the huge problems within the black community and you will understand that something needs to be done. Our cities are war zones as they're killing each other...50% of all murders are committed by blacks and 90% of that is black on black.

Educational and a program to strengthen the family does make sense.

So yor answer is to throw money at the problem? Great cause that always works.

I guess whites can't be poor

$200 million? We are taking away a black person's will to work with all this free stuff. Outrageous. A few years ago white bankers were in trouble and only got $800 billion from the gubermint, no strings attached.

They've paid most of it back with interest. Are blacks going to do the same?

The purpose of the program is to provide high paid employment to the people administering the program.

Again, how does this initiative violate the 14th? Be specific.

It amazes me how the left thinks this sort of nonsense is so clever.

Is the program, which uses federal resources, availible to all Americans, with regard to color or creed?

Yes.

I don't think you understand the proposed program at all. It's not something that only black people are allowed to use, or a cash handout. It's a public education effort.

Forum List

Back