obama just committed political suicide.

Oh so the mere sight of a person carrying a gun makes you uncomfortable. What about those people who carry but you can't see the gun legally or illegally? I don't have the stats off hand, but I would have to say in my opinion more people are killed by people who had a gun that was hidden on their body.

How long does it take a person to point a gun and pull the twigger? Would a cop would need his gun befor that happen? exactly where do they keep their guns?

Here is a report that was completed in 1997 for the New Zealand Minister of Police

In summary, increases in firearm crime have been less than in all violent crime but have followed its trend sufficiently closely to make it probable that firearm crime is a subset of violent crime, and that violence is leading firearm crime, not the reverse. The level of firearm crime is not increasing in such a way as to suggest a crisis, but it is sufficiently high to give grounds for concern and to require further endeavours to reduce it.

The two recent developments in firearm crime which give particular grounds for concern are the increased numbers of mass shootings, and evidence of increased readiness on the part of criminals to collect guns for use in criminal enterprises.

Review of Firearms Control in New Zealand, June 1997 - New Zealand Police | New Zealand Police

According to these stats which were taken from 2001 - 2008
Interesting fact maybe you can varify this?
New Zealnad leads the world 15 - 24 years old group in suicide
Suicide rates in ages 15-24 by country. Definition, graph and map.

They also lead in Rape victims and have the most assault victims.
NationMaster - New Zealand Crime statistics

If you do not like America's gun culture, do not blame us. Blame the acts of world leaders from the past. When you can guarantee that there will never be another Hitler, Stalin, Mo, Hussein or anyone like them, then we can talk about turning in some guns.

I'm a sport shooter myself so guns don't concern me as such.
Yeah, the thought that every retard on the street might be carrying a gun is concerning.
The numbers of gun crimes committed in this country using hand guns is approximately zero.
I'm not sure what your point is about hidden guns - is that a pitch to ban them for public safety?

Cops generally keep their guns a in a locked cabinet in the boot of their car.
Opening it means paperwork at the end of the shift, as I understand it.

Congratulations on your Googling skills by the way, again I'm not sure of your point.
Could the suicide rates be so high because we are so depressed about not being allowed Glocks or Uzis?
I'm not sure if that has been considered.

As for your justification for carrying guns (another Hitler, Mussolini, Ghengis Khan might pop up at any moment), ummm, isn't that what a national army is there to protect you from?
In fact, if that is your justification why haven't all you gun nuts headed off to North Korea or Burma or Iran or Cuba or wherever to protect the world from the maniacs in charge?

That’s not what you said. and that answer will not work to satisfy the question.

How judgmental of you, to call anyone who does not think as you do a "retard"
1. the word is inappropriate to use.
2. It would be a very dull world if everybody would think like everybody else.

That would be a play of words. Crimes are defined and categorized by government officials. To make something look like something else you twik the report. but your country does have crime such as rape and Assaults? correct?

There you go again with the twist of words. You really need to stop it.
Carry Conceal. After all you are the one thats wants to take guns away from law abiding citizens.

So answer my question.
What about those people who carry but you can't see the gun legally or illegally?

Do you have a problem with Carry Consealed?

Look at your response one more time. hitler and stalin had the support of the army. And thats wat the American second Amendment is for.

In fact, if that is your justification why haven't all you gun nuts headed off to North Korea or Burma or Iran or Cuba or wherever to protect the world from the maniacs in charge

thats for the people in those countries to figure out.

Congratulations on your Googling skills by the way, again I'm not sure of your point.
Could the suicide rates be so high because we are so depressed about not being allowed Glocks or Uzis?
I'm not sure if that has been considered.

Either that is the stuipdist answer or the people of Nw Zealand are very stupid for killing themself for that reason eithe your answer does not look good for the peple fromn your country.

That’s not what you said. and that answer will not work to satisfy the question.
Huh? That's exactly what I said, you even quoted me.

How judgmental of you, to call anyone who does not think as you do a "retard"
Is this you saying "sticks and stones may break my bones..."?
1. the word is inappropriate to use.
2. It would be a very dull world if everybody would think like everybody else.
You've come over all P.C. Bigrednec!
Who would have thunk it?

That would be a play of words. Crimes are defined and categorized by government officials. To make something look like something else you twik the report.
So how do you categorise a gun crime that doesn't involve a handgun?
In this country we wouldn't call it a handgun crime but you might be different.

but your country does have crime such as rape and Assaults? correct?
Unfortunately, yes.

There you go again with the twist of words. You really need to stop it.
Carry Conceal. After all you are the one thats wants to take guns away from law abiding citizens.

So answer my question.
What about those people who carry but you can't see the gun legally or illegally?

Do you have a problem with Carry Consealed?
I don't recall saying I wanted to ban guns.
I own guns.
I don't see the need to carry concealed guns in public places.
You told me in your last post that the reason you carry a gun is to shoot Hitler or Pol Pot if you see him. You must admit that neither of those guys is likely to turn up at WalMart.

Either that is the stuipdist answer or the people of Nw Zealand are very stupid for killing themself for that reason eithe your answer does not look good for the peple fromn your country.
You have me there, that would be a very stupid reason to kill yourself.
Yes, thinking about it I think your first option about it being a stupid answer is the correct one.
What would you do if you were no longer allowed to carry a concealed handgun?

Last edited:
I am getting sick and tired of him telling me what is best for me. I know the history of the people he hangs out with and what all of them stand for. Don't you just love a one term president.

Ooops, sorry about the re-post, I tried an edit and it came over all queer.

Gun control makes sense. If President Obama has the balls to push gun control, more power to him. It is the right thing to do.

How does that gun control in england work? It's amazing with all the guns out of the hands of the citizens of britian that people are still killed with guns.
40% of American households with children have guns.

Kids in America are 12 times more likely to be killed by a gun than kids in 25 other industrialized nations combined.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/19-facts-you-need-to-know-about-guns
Only in America do guns have a higher priority than the safety of its children!

Last edited:
For those of you who were somehow having wet dreams about another 4 years of obama as president may just have that dream killed if obama does what he says he will do. Any new law or changes made to existing laws will kill his dreams of a second term. I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996

Obama To Push Gun Control Soon
NRA-ILA :: Obama To Push Gun Control Soon

I got a question for ya. Do you think your hyper-jingoistic pro-gun tough guy ranting and raving makes you cool? Think most of the country is on your side?

Do you really think it has to do with being "cool" and "pro-gun, tough"?

"Utopians" have no clue of reality - which is that there are real evils, which come from the person or people behind the guns, not the guns themselves. Sadly, because many more people are beginning to reject The Lord God Almighty, they don't recognize the evil (yes, Satan is real he'll use people when they don't turn to God) and want to blame something else; hence - more control to try to fix it. Which will lead us right back to tryrannies, etc.

Before guns there were swords and stones and all sorts of weapons. There has always been evil, and it will continue. From young kids fighting to nations fighting, war will always be. It is sad but it is reality.

I'm not a gun owner personally, but when we keep getting gun more laws and control shoved down our throats from the government, it threatens the very Republic on which we stand.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Just keep it coming, Utopians. Go for it, get more laws, get more government. You may get what you want, but in the end you'll be sorry.

Last edited:
For those of you who were somehow having wet dreams about another 4 years of obama as president may just have that dream killed if obama does what he says he will do. Any new law or changes made to existing laws will kill his dreams of a second term. I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996.
That was back, when Republicans still knew how to take an ass-whuppin'....without cryin' & whining like some little Jr. High chickie....

Last edited by a moderator:
Gun control makes sense. If President Obama has the balls to push gun control, more power to him. It is the right thing to do.

How does that gun control in england work? It's amazing with all the guns out of the hands of the citizens of britian that people are still killed with guns.
40% of American households with children have guns.

Kids in America are 12 times more likely to be killed by a gun than kids in 25 other industrialized nations combined.

19 Facts You Need to Know About Guns
Only in America do guns have a higher priority than the safety of its children!

The government has classified a child as anyone below the age of 26

For those of you who were somehow having wet dreams about another 4 years of obama as president may just have that dream killed if obama does what he says he will do. Any new law or changes made to existing laws will kill his dreams of a second term. I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996.
That was back, when Republicans still knew how to take an ass-whuppin'....without cryin' & whining like some little Jr. High chickie....

damn son you have a very short memeory. 2010 RING A BELL?

Last edited by a moderator:
LoL!!
:lol:

The reactionary Far Right....too funny.
CONFUSED, most o' the time.....but, still funny.....​

Right-Wing Media Claim Obama "Lost Egypt,"

.....But Can't Agree On Why!!!

HERE

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

If you do not like America's gun culture, do not blame us. Blame the acts of world leaders from the past. When you can guarantee that there will never be another Hitler, Stalin, Mo, Hussein or anyone like them, then we can talk about turning in some guns.

Can you explain these stats? It links to NZ and has a figure for the DP. NZ doesn't have the DP - hasn't had it since the 50s..

As for your gun culture, you are one of the few countries in the Western World out of step.

My argument with gun control is more at a philosophical level, as opposed to a rights argument (not even getting into the second being a God-given right, as opposed to being part of the constitution)...

Can you explain these stats? It links to NZ and has a figure for the DP. NZ doesn't have the DP - hasn't had it since the 50s..

As for your gun culture, you are one of the few countries in the Western World out of step.

My argument with gun control is more at a philosophical level, as opposed to a rights argument (not even getting into the second being a God-given right, as opposed to being part of the constitution)...

What is a DP?

Yes you are right that was a goose step which we do not do here. I tell you wht, you can have the UN if you want it.

My argument with gun control is more at a philosophical level, as opposed to a rights argument (not even getting into the second being a God-given right, as opposed to being part of the constitution)

While you think on a philosophical level you will be geting youring brain splattered all over the wall if someone ever comes at you with a gun.
My Philosophy is this I whether be tried by 12 than burried by 6

What is a DP?

Yes you are right that was a goose step which we do not do here. I tell you wht, you can have the UN if you want it.

While you think on a philosophical level you will be geting youring brain splattered all over the wall if someone ever comes at you with a gun.

Death Penalty.
Funnily enough we don't do the goose step here either. No western nations do that I know of.

I think I have more chance of winning the lottery than getting my brains splattered anywhere by anyone with a gun...because our society is not saturated with them like yours...

Last edited:

Oops, you're right, I didn't see that.
NZ abolished the death penalty in 1958 and there were a total of 83.
According to bigrednec's link we have killed 1,957 and rising!

What is a DP?

My argument with gun control is more at a philosophical level, as opposed to a rights argument (not even getting into the second being a God-given right, as opposed to being part of the constitution)

I thought your rationale for carrying firearms was to protect democracy from megalomaniacs?
Now you're talking about self protection?

What is a DP?

Death Penalty.
Funnily enough we don't do the goose step here either. No western nations do that I know of.

I think I have more chance of winning the lottery than getting my brains splattered anywhere by anyone with a gun...because our society is not saturated with them like yours...

If you notice what it said you would have seen this Death penalty > Last executed 1,957 The last execusion was Walter James Bolton (Auckland) 18 February in the year of 1957

List of executions | NZHistory.net.nz, New Zealand history online

What is a DP?

I thought your rationale for carrying firearms was to protect democracy from megalomaniacs?
Now you're talking about self protection?

Actuially I live in a republic ruled by laws.

What is a DP?

Death Penalty.

If you notice what it said you would have seen this Death penalty > Last executed 1,957 The last execusion was Walter James Bolton (Auckland) 18 February in the year of 1957

List of executions | NZHistory.net.nz, New Zealand history online

Fair enough, it has been compiled by a computer in a database.
Why no USA I wonder?

Oops, you're right, I didn't see that.
NZ abolished the death penalty in 1958 and there were a total of 83.
According to bigrednec's link we have killed 1,957 and rising!

smart guy If you notice what it said you would have seen this Death penalty > Last executed 1,957 The last execusion was Walter James Bolton (Auckland) 18 February in the year of 1957

Forum List

Back