obama just committed political suicide.

Just looked at the Philadelphia newspaper online, there were seven homicides this past weekend, all by handguns, tell me that more people packing guns would have stopped this shat :rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet most of those murders were committed by someone who was a felon and lost their right to possess a firearm.

Please tell me why a criminal would cease to commit a crime, because they didn't want to break the law by possessing a firearm???

LoL!!
:lol:

The reactionary Far Right....too funny.

Your the punchline of your joke, Marc. :lol:
Mainstream America likes their guns...period.
Mainstream America likes their guns, but one issue voters are really too funny! To think that an issue like gun control could tip the balance is laughable. There are issues much larger that Mainstream America cares about far more than owning a semi-automatic handgun tricked out with a 30 round clip.

Only gang bangers, lunatics and man-children who perpetually play "Army" care about those enough to shout. The rest of Mainstream America is wise enough to recognize the inherent danger is such devices.

Second amendment says it all, end of discussion. I have been told by police officers that criminal stay away from places where they might run into people with guns, make sense to me. I have owned a gun for 59 years and have never committed a crime but also have never had a crime attempted on me. Punish the people who commit crimes and leave the rest of us alone. I will not be a problem for you as long as you are not a problem for me. Your move

Just looked at the Philadelphia newspaper online, there were seven homicides this past weekend, all by handguns, tell me that more people packing guns would have stopped this shat :rolleyes:

Since you are almost devoid in any background information, its hard to make an assessment by anyone. Most shooters aren't interested in dying themselves, so yeah, that possibility that the victim might have been carrying could have prevented one or two pretty easy.

Since you are almost devoid in any background information, its hard to make an assessment by anyone. Most shooters aren't interested in dying themselves, so yeah, that possibility that the victim might have been carrying could have prevented one or two pretty easy.

Thats focking bullshat, most people who have guns are poor shots anyways, thats why they end up with so many stray bullets killing and wounding bystanders, if more people had guns crime wouldn't go down and injuries and deaths by handguns wouldn't go down.

Thats focking bullshat, most people who have guns are poor shots anyways, thats why they end up with so many stray bullets killing and wounding bystanders, if more people had guns crime wouldn't go down and injuries and deaths by handguns wouldn't go down.

Yes, I see you have said that quite a few times already. You can say it ten times the number you already have and it still won't mean jack.

Second amendment says it all, end of discussion. I have been told by police officers that criminal stay away from places where they might run into people with guns, make sense to me. I have owned a gun for 59 years and have never committed a crime but also have never had a crime attempted on me. Punish the people who commit crimes and leave the rest of us alone. I will not be a problem for you as long as you are not a problem for me. Your move

Listen dipshit, there are no verifiable stats that prove higher legal gun ownership results in fewer crimes, there are countries with far stricter gun laws and less crime, you want to stop crime and lower it? Try fighting the causes and conditions that lead people to commit crimes, not buying more guns and building more prisons.

Your the most uneducated person I know. I would be willing to say most gangbangers are poor shots. However most legal gun owners are not poor shots and most would not take a shot while hunting if there is a possibility of someone getting hurt.

Why don't you come out to CO and I will take you shooting. The offer is good anytime.

Listen dipshit, there are no verifiable stats that prove higher legal gun ownership results in fewer crimes, there are countries with far stricter gun laws and less crime, you want to stop crime and lower it? Try fighting the causes and conditions that lead people to commit crimes, not buying more guns and building more prisons.

So you live in the unverifiable stat regions and are final abitor of said disputes? :lol:

If the mere possession of guns were all it took to keep a government from becoming intolerably oppressive, then how do you explain the steady erosion of our civil rights and standard of living in the USA in the last 40 years?

Keep you guns boys, they're no threat to me.

But then too, your guns do not stand between me and a repressive government, either.

If they did then we'd already live in the land of the free and the home of the brave, and believe me, kids, we don't remotely live up to that grand ideal

Your the most uneducated person I know. I would be willing to say most gangbangers are poor shots. However most legal gun owners are not poor shots and most would not take a shot while hunting if there is a possibility of someone getting hurt.

Why don't you come out to CO and I will take you shooting. The offer is good anytime.

Unless you regularly fire your weapon and have training on that weapon more than a few times a year you will not be a good shot, period, I'm in the Army and I'm an forme drill sergeant, I've seen people who are just poor shots sometimes even after they're taught the fundamentals of how to properly fire their weapon.

So you live in the unverifiable stat regions and are final abitor of said disputes? :lol:

Well part of the problem is the NRA uses it's muscle to shut down any research into gun violence.

And for 8 years they had a willing ally in George W. Bush.

second amendment says it all, end of discussion. I have been told by police officers that criminal stay away from places where they might run into people with guns, make sense to me. I have owned a gun for 59 years and have never committed a crime but also have never had a crime attempted on me. Punish the people who commit crimes and leave the rest of us alone. I will not be a problem for you as long as you are not a problem for me. Your move

listen dipshit, there are no verifiable stats that prove higher legal gun ownership results in fewer crimes, there are countries with far stricter gun laws and less crime, you want to stop crime and lower it? Try fighting the causes and conditions that lead people to commit crimes, not buying more guns and building more prisons.

only those stats provided by huffy and puffy post are the only true stats isn't that right flaylo?

Unless you regularly fire your weapon and have training on that weapon more than a few times a year you will not be a good shot, period, I'm in the Army and I'm an forme drill sergeant, I've seen people who are just poor shots sometimes even after they're taught the fundamentals of how to properly fire their weapon.

I'm in the Army and I'm an forme drill sergeant
If you're in the army you are the reason I stay awake at night wondering when thew country will be over run by another country.

Oh and being drilled in the ass and directing the driller how to do it is not being a military drill sergeant:eusa_whistle:

Well part of the problem is the NRA uses it's muscle to shut down any research into gun violence.

And for 8 years they had a willing ally in George W. Bush.

Oh bullshit. There are hundreds of liberal public colleges that could have applied for a grant to study the issue.

IDIOT there are no verifiable facts that prove higher legal gun ownership results in MORE crimes either .
one way to stop people committing crime is to make make it harder for them to succeed by increasing the police force and the penalties they incur when they do .
we are a nation of laws
if the bleeding heart liberal would not keep excusing the perpetrators of crimes by telling them *its not there fault * we would make some progress in preventing crime .

you said try fighting the causes of crime .
what in your opinion are they ?? what excuse do folks have to act like animals ????

OH shit I just notice where you live New Zealand, no wonder you are have such a problem with the American view of guns and gun control. So how high did your crime rate go when yall initiated more gun control?

We've always had gun control.
In fact it was relaxed somewhat about 20 years ago.
That has been blamed for an increase in gun crime in some quarters, although it is still uncommon enough that any gun crime is still reported on the evening news...including robberies where the gun was only shown.
I don't know if that's to blame or not, there has been a general rise in antisocial behaviour over the decades, just the same as any Western nation I suspect.

As for my attitude to the American view of gun control?
Yeah, I would feel uncomfortable seeing people walking the streets carrying a gun for no purpose other because it makes them feel safe.
The cops here are still unarmed but obviously have access to firearms when required.

Yeah, I would feel uncomfortable seeing people walking the streets carrying a gun for no purpose other because it makes them feel safe.

Oh so the mere sight of a person carrying a gun makes you uncomfortable. What about those people who carry but you can't see the gun legally or illegally? I don't have the stats off hand, but I would have to say in my opinion more people are killed by people who had a gun that was hidden on their body.

The cops here are still unarmed but obviously have access to firearms when required.

How long does it take a person to point a gun and pull the twigger? Would a cop would need his gun befor that happen? exactly where do they keep their guns?

Here is a report that was completed in 1997 for the New Zealand Minister of Police

In summary, increases in firearm crime have been less than in all violent crime but have followed its trend sufficiently closely to make it probable that firearm crime is a subset of violent crime, and that violence is leading firearm crime, not the reverse. The level of firearm crime is not increasing in such a way as to suggest a crisis, but it is sufficiently high to give grounds for concern and to require further endeavours to reduce it.

The two recent developments in firearm crime which give particular grounds for concern are the increased numbers of mass shootings, and evidence of increased readiness on the part of criminals to collect guns for use in criminal enterprises.

Review of Firearms Control in New Zealand, June 1997 - New Zealand Police | New Zealand Police

According to these stats which were taken from 2001 - 2008
Interesting fact maybe you can varify this?
New Zealnad leads the world 15 - 24 years old group in suicide
Suicide rates in ages 15-24 by country. Definition, graph and map.

They also lead in Rape victims and have the most assault victims.
NationMaster - New Zealand Crime statistics

If you do not like America's gun culture, do not blame us. Blame the acts of world leaders from the past. When you can guarantee that there will never be another Hitler, Stalin, Mo, Hussein or anyone like them, then we can talk about turning in some guns.

Oh so the mere sight of a person carrying a gun makes you uncomfortable. What about those people who carry but you can't see the gun legally or illegally? I don't have the stats off hand, but I would have to say in my opinion more people are killed by people who had a gun that was hidden on their body.
I'm a sport shooter myself so guns don't concern me as such.
Yeah, the thought that every retard on the street might be carrying a gun is concerning.
The numbers of gun crimes committed in this country using hand guns is approximately zero.
I'm not sure what your point is about hidden guns - is that a pitch to ban them for public safety?

Cops generally keep their guns a in a locked cabinet in the boot of their car.
Opening it means paperwork at the end of the shift, as I understand it.

Congratulations on your Googling skills by the way, again I'm not sure of your point.
Could the suicide rates be so high because we are so depressed about not being allowed Glocks or Uzis?
I'm not sure if that has been considered.

As for your justification for carrying guns (another Hitler, Mussolini, Ghengis Khan might pop up at any moment), ummm, isn't that what a national army is there to protect you from?
In fact, if that is your justification why haven't all you gun nuts headed off to North Korea or Burma or Iran or Cuba or wherever to protect the world from the maniacs in charge?

We've always had gun control.
In fact it was relaxed somewhat about 20 years ago.
That has been blamed for an increase in gun crime in some quarters, although it is still uncommon enough that any gun crime is still reported on the evening news...including robberies where the gun was only shown.
I don't know if that's to blame or not, there has been a general rise in antisocial behaviour over the decades, just the same as any Western nation I suspect.

How long does it take a person to point a gun and pull the twigger? Would a cop would need his gun befor that happen? exactly where do they keep their guns?

Here is a report that was completed in 1997 for the New Zealand Minister of Police

In summary, increases in firearm crime have been less than in all violent crime but have followed its trend sufficiently closely to make it probable that firearm crime is a subset of violent crime, and that violence is leading firearm crime, not the reverse. The level of firearm crime is not increasing in such a way as to suggest a crisis, but it is sufficiently high to give grounds for concern and to require further endeavours to reduce it.

The two recent developments in firearm crime which give particular grounds for concern are the increased numbers of mass shootings, and evidence of increased readiness on the part of criminals to collect guns for use in criminal enterprises.

Review of Firearms Control in New Zealand, June 1997 - New Zealand Police | New Zealand Police

According to these stats which were taken from 2001 - 2008
Interesting fact maybe you can varify this?
New Zealnad leads the world 15 - 24 years old group in suicide
Suicide rates in ages 15-24 by country. Definition, graph and map.

They also lead in Rape victims and have the most assault victims.
NationMaster - New Zealand Crime statistics

If you do not like America's gun culture, do not blame us. Blame the acts of world leaders from the past. When you can guarantee that there will never be another Hitler, Stalin, Mo, Hussein or anyone like them, then we can talk about turning in some guns.

Yeah, the thought that every retard on the street might be carrying a gun is concerning.
The numbers of gun crimes committed in this country using hand guns is approximately zero.
I'm not sure what your point is about hidden guns - is that a pitch to ban them for public safety?

Cops generally keep their guns a in a locked cabinet in the boot of their car.
Opening it means paperwork at the end of the shift, as I understand it.

Congratulations on your Googling skills by the way, again I'm not sure of your point.
Could the suicide rates be so high because we are so depressed about not being allowed Glocks or Uzis?

As for your justification for carrying guns (another Hitler, Mussolini, Ghengis Khan might pop up at any moment), ummm, isn't that what a national army is there to protect you from?
In fact, if that is your justification why haven't all you gun nuts headed off to North Korea or Burma or Iran or Cuba or wherever to protect the world from the maniacs in charge?

That’s not what you said. and that answer will not work to satisfy the question.

How judgmental of you, to call anyone who does not think as you do a "retard"
1. the word is inappropriate to use.
2. It would be a very dull world if everybody would think like everybody else.

That would be a play of words. Crimes are defined and categorized by government officials. To make something look like something else you twik the report. but your country does have crime such as rape and Assaults? correct?

There you go again with the twist of words. You really need to stop it.
Carry Conceal. After all you are the one thats wants to take guns away from law abiding citizens.

So answer my question.
What about those people who carry but you can't see the gun legally or illegally?

Do you have a problem with Carry Consealed?

Look at your response one more time. hitler and stalin had the support of the army. And thats wat the American second Amendment is for.

In fact, if that is your justification why haven't all you gun nuts headed off to North Korea or Burma or Iran or Cuba or wherever to protect the world from the maniacs in charge

thats for the people in those countries to figure out.

Either that is the stuipdist answer or the people of Nw Zealand are very stupid for killing themself for that reason eithe your answer does not look good for the peple fromn your country.

Forum List

Back