obama just committed political suicide.

Its sheer bullshat to say that more people owning guns will equal less crime. In Germany guns are strictly controlled and tey there isn't a lot of crime, maybe if we quit glorifying guns in America and teach people what they're about instead of arguing like derelicts over the 2nd Amendment things would be fine.

Good thing you don't get to decide what the Constitution says. You're woefully ignorant about it.

You're woefully ignorant to reality dumbass, more gun ownership doesn't ewual less crime.
Actually, it does. Why do you want to disarm law-abiding people?

And no one else can answer this question, so maybe you'd like to try:

How are you going to get criminals to obey the law?

Wrong. Both are Constitutionally-protected rights.

Are you for or against the death penalty? If a person has a felony history with guns that includes illegally selling guns, selling guns to gangs and people not authorized to have one, commit robberies at gunpoint, assaults people with weapons, the lose their "right" to carry weapons for the better safety of the people. If that Arizona shooter got only 10 years in prison and served his time would you want him to be able to possess another weapon?
Personally, I haven't yet made up my mind about gun rights versus felony convictions.

Meanwhile, you haven't answered my question. Should felons lose the right to vote forever?

Not all felons.

Its sheer bullshat to say that more people owning guns will equal less crime. In Germany guns are strictly controlled and tey there isn't a lot of crime, maybe if we quit glorifying guns in America and teach people what they're about instead of arguing like derelicts over the 2nd Amendment things would be fine.

1. How many people are killed in Germany with a gun?

PolitiFact: U.S. has more gun deaths than other large countries - St. Petersburg Times

If it does equal less crime prove the shat, don't try to blow smoke up my ass.

No smoke required.

Violent crime declines as American gun ownership rises

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Violent crime declines as American gun ownership rises - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com Violent crime declines as American gun ownership rises - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
For the third consecutive year, violent crime has declined in the United States during the same period when gun and ammunition purchases have increased dramatically, something that should not be happening, if one were to believe the gun prohibition lobby.

The FBI on Monday released preliminary uniform crime data showing that the four major violent crime categories are all slipping. Overall, 2009 experienced a 7.2 percent drop in murders, an 8.1 percent decrease in robbery, a 4.2 percent decline in aggravated assault and 3.1 percent reduction in forcible rape.

Yet, according to data from the FBI’s National Instant Check System and – from all places – the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, gun and ammunition sales are up dramatically. NICS background checks are up this year, and the excise tax apportionments to the states from the sale of firearms and ammunition have climbed from $336,474,545 in Fiscal Year 2009 to a whopping $472,719,710 for FY 2010. Do any kind of math you like, that still translates to more than $136 million in additional excise tax revenues over 2009, which further translates to a lot more guns and ammunition, and hunting/shooting-related gear changing hands at the retail counter.​
Once again, reality disproves leftists' claims.

Are you for or against the death penalty? If a person has a felony history with guns that includes illegally selling guns, selling guns to gangs and people not authorized to have one, commit robberies at gunpoint, assaults people with weapons, the lose their "right" to carry weapons for the better safety of the people. If that Arizona shooter got only 10 years in prison and served his time would you want him to be able to possess another weapon?
Personally, I haven't yet made up my mind about gun rights versus felony convictions.

Meanwhile, you haven't answered my question. Should felons lose the right to vote forever?

Not all felons.
Which ones?

Yep..Obama's political career's dead.

Takin bets here.

Foolish as it is..still think he is gonna win in 2012. Who's in?

Being a law abiding person doesn't preclude anyone from getting drunk or angry or depressed.

Open carry laws that allow you to take your shootin irons into bars are nuts.

Guns should be heavily regulated and used for home/business protection..exclusively.

Being a law abiding person doesn't preclude anyone from getting drunk or angry or depressed.

Guns should be heavily regulated and used for home/business protection..exclusively.

Too tempting to resort to Second Amendment Remedies

nice evasion :thup:

So...you can't answer the question, either. Figures.

I guess I should try to walk in the shoes of the gun lovers. It's hard though, I'm not little, not afraid of my own shadow, not a bit paranoid and have no delusion that a small bore weapon might bring down a tank or fighter plane if the government choose to use them against me.
That aside, guns do kill people, innocent people, and allowing anyone who wants one the ownership, possession or custody and control of a firearem is insane.
A civilized society controls firearms.
I have no objection to having a driver's license, and agree if I violate the law, society has the right to protect itself and suspend or revoke my privilege to drive.
Why not require a license to own, possess or have in ones custody or control a firearm?
Why not prohibit anyone with a history of drug or alcohol abuse, mental illness or a criminal conviction for crimes against others the privilege to own, possess, etc a firearm?
Why not make it a felony to sell, provide or allow somoene unlicensed have custody and control of a firearm; and make anyone who so possess a firearm without a license guilty of a felony?
Why not allow each state the ability to determine the laws and regulations related to firearms?

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is a phrase directly connected to "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state".
Reading Article I, Section 8, clause 16 reads in part, "...reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress".

Could you imagine what it would be like if they had motor vehicle back when the Constitution was written, and if we had the Right to Drive Cars?

People would be complaining how the DUI laws would be unconstitutional.

I guess I should try to walk in the shoes of the gun lovers. It's hard though, I'm not little, not afraid of my own shadow, not a bit paranoid and have no delusion that a small bore weapon might bring down a tank or fighter plane if the government choose to use them against me.
So much ignorance so lovingly clung to.
That aside, guns do kill people...

No, they don't, you moron. People kill people. Guns are tools and have no volition of their own.

Or do you want to regulate knives, too? Frying pans? Hammers? Pickle jars and toilet tank lids?

Take your time. I can tell you haven't given this any thought. But then, you're not likely to, either.

No smoke required.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Violent crime declines as American gun ownership rises - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com Violent crime declines as American gun ownership rises - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
For the third consecutive year, violent crime has declined in the United States during the same period when gun and ammunition purchases have increased dramatically, something that should not be happening, if one were to believe the gun prohibition lobby.

The FBI on Monday released preliminary uniform crime data showing that the four major violent crime categories are all slipping. Overall, 2009 experienced a 7.2 percent drop in murders, an 8.1 percent decrease in robbery, a 4.2 percent decline in aggravated assault and 3.1 percent reduction in forcible rape.

Yet, according to data from the FBI’s National Instant Check System and – from all places – the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, gun and ammunition sales are up dramatically. NICS background checks are up this year, and the excise tax apportionments to the states from the sale of firearms and ammunition have climbed from $336,474,545 in Fiscal Year 2009 to a whopping $472,719,710 for FY 2010. Do any kind of math you like, that still translates to more than $136 million in additional excise tax revenues over 2009, which further translates to a lot more guns and ammunition, and hunting/shooting-related gear changing hands at the retail counter.​

Once again, you and your source resort to fallacious reasoning

Fallacy: Questionable Cause

Unless they show specific proof that rising gun sales themselves and not other factors reduced crime this claim is unsupported.

What question? That was a serious question?

It's fallacy.

Criminals are criminals because they don't obey the law.

No smoke required.

Unless they show specific proof that rising gun sales themselves and not other factors reduced crime this claim is unsupported.
Then perhaps you'd like to show data that support the claim of increased gun ownership increase gun crime.

What question? That was a serious question?

It's fallacy.

Criminals are criminals because they don't obey the law.
The you admit greater gun restrictions serve only to disarm law-abiding citizens.

I didn't think you had it in you. :clap2:

No smoke required.

Then perhaps you'd like to show data that support the claim of increased gun ownership increase gun crime.

Perhaps you'd like to back your claims up properly and definitively prove that higher sales equate with lower crimes when all other things are ruled out. You made the claim now prove it.

Forum List

Back