Obama Just Compared Christianity With Islam…At National Prayer Breakfast

mr_obama_youre_not_a_christian_posters-rbe5e0c9635624ca8a5a8e64360fe4831_64ji_8byvr_324.jpg

The tinydancers of 2065 will be explaining that many Christians were actually in favor of equal marriage. Christianity is going to distance itself from this sort of message as fervently as it now distances itself from slavery.

Perhaps IF the FAGS keep it in their pants, and stop pulling it out to SHOW OFF every time something THEY don't like happens, it might....But until the FAGS discover that sucking each others dick, or licking each others Vagina, is a PRIVATE MATTER, that MOST PEOPLE of any religion, or NON-RELIGION don't want to see, or have their children exposed to, it will be looked on with scorn. You want to be married, fine, go to the local gov't and have a ceremony, have the same entitlements as a NORMAL couple, but don't ask people of religion to condone something that they have not condoned for centuries. Sorry, back to the OP topic!

People of religion took centuries to condone interracial marriage, too...
Again, was it thrown in our face as the current LGTB people do, or was interracial marriage accepted but NOT pushed onto the public?....A baker now refuses to back a FAG wedding cake, and he's prosecuted, instead of the queers just going to another baker that hasn't the religious upbringings that the first one had. NOW you are stepping on OTHERS RELIGIOUS RIGHT.... seems religion was in the Constitution but being queer and pushing your lifestyle and your ability to make OTHERS SUFFER is NOT there.

Yes.

pr070816i.gif

Interracial marriage bans were made illegal by the Supreme Court in 1967.

No one fight those, but we do fight ROE handed down by a unethical SCOTUS!

And where does Obama get off blaming Christianity for slavery without mentioning how many good Christian men and women were against slavery.

It was Christians who led the fight to abolish it. And maybe someone should let the President in on what's happening with slavery today in the here and now and who the hell is practicing it.

Some one show him Mauritana on a map. Glaring example of slavery in the present.

He's the one that needs to get down off his freaking high horse lecturing Christians as if we are living in a never never land and don't know our very own darker periods of time.

My heavens he's such an asshole.

Some Christians, sure. But Scripture is clearly pro-slavery, and so those Christians were essentially radicals. And please - no one is more eager to forget their darker periods of time than Christians. You can bring it up pretty much in passing at breakfast and stir up the hornet's nest...
New testament isn't pro slavery it doesn't advocate either way really. But Christ came to Earth for something far more pressing than abolition and that was the salvation of humanity, slave or free.

Ephesians 6:5-8 (NASB): 5Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; 6not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. 7With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, 8knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.
That passage doesn't advocate slavery. But obedience to God like obedience to one's master. Its called an analogy.

The tinydancers of 2065 will be explaining that many Christians were actually in favor of equal marriage. Christianity is going to distance itself from this sort of message as fervently as it now distances itself from slavery.

Do you guys live in la la land? I'm not distancing myself from anything.

Slavery was practiced by Christians. It's history. And Christians fought to abolish the practice. It's history.

Gay marriage? I'm conflicted as can be. As many Christians are. Wanting equal unions for people. The debate is over the term marriage.

For all my years in the music business I had many gay friends and associates who had far longer relationships than many straight people I knew. Cripes myself included.

I'm the last person on the planet to ever pull a holier than thou. And anyone like me .....you know..... the tiny dancers of 2065 will be saying we were conflicted with our feelings for our friends and family members in the LGBT community and still trying to live by the Word.

Well...I'll be honest and say that's a much nicer post than I was expecting. But there were "conflicted" people in 1865, too. Your Word will evolve. Islam's will, too.

Which was Obama's whole point.

Perhaps IF the FAGS keep it in their pants, and stop pulling it out to SHOW OFF every time something THEY don't like happens, it might....But until the FAGS discover that sucking each others dick, or licking each others Vagina, is a PRIVATE MATTER, that MOST PEOPLE of any religion, or NON-RELIGION don't want to see, or have their children exposed to, it will be looked on with scorn. You want to be married, fine, go to the local gov't and have a ceremony, have the same entitlements as a NORMAL couple, but don't ask people of religion to condone something that they have not condoned for centuries. Sorry, back to the OP topic!

Again, was it thrown in our face as the current LGTB people do, or was interracial marriage accepted but NOT pushed onto the public?....A baker now refuses to back a FAG wedding cake, and he's prosecuted, instead of the queers just going to another baker that hasn't the religious upbringings that the first one had. NOW you are stepping on OTHERS RELIGIOUS RIGHT.... seems religion was in the Constitution but being queer and pushing your lifestyle and your ability to make OTHERS SUFFER is NOT there.

Yes.

pr070816i.gif

Give it a couple more decades.

Theists like to say atheists killed more than theists.

You have no idea how many people the Soviet Union and China alone have killed. LOL, you don't know what you are talking about, you never do...
I the name of no god?

Russians are orthodox christians and Nazis were catholics. Show me when they switched from atheists to christians.

And even if the leaders didn't believe they were able to manipulate citizens who did. Why I say they use religion to con people.

The Nazi were fond of muslims, Christians not so much. They viewed the Christian religion as weak and descended from the Jews....

The Nazi Romance With Islam Has Some Lessons for the United States
Two new important histories look at Hitler’s fascination with Islam and Atatürk, the founder of modern Turkey

mikics_620.png

Soldiers of the 13th SS Division with a brochure about “Islam and Judaism,” 1943. (German Federal Archive via )

Both Hitler and Himmler had a soft spot for Islam. Hitler several times fantasized that, if the Saracens had not been stopped at the Battle of Tours, Islam would have spread through the European continent—and that would have been a good thing, since “Jewish Christianity” wouldn’t have gone on to poison Europe. Christianity doted on weakness and suffering, while Islam extolled strength, Hitler believed. Himmler in a January 1944 speech called Islam “a practical and attractive religion for soldiers,” with its promise of paradise and beautiful women for brave martyrs after their death. “This is the kind of language a soldier understands,” Himmler gushed.

Surely, the Nazi leaders thought, Muslims would see that the Germans were their blood brothers: loyal, iron-willed, and most important, convinced that Jews were the evil that most plagued the world. “Do you recognize him, the fat, curly-haired Jew who deceives and rules the whole world and who steals the land of the Arabs?” demanded one of the Nazi pamphlets dropped over North Africa (a million copies of it were printed). “The Jew,” the pamphlet explained, was the evil King Dajjal from Islamic tradition, who in the world’s final days was supposed to lead 70,000 Jews from Isfahan in apocalyptic battle against Isa—often identified with Jesus, but according to the Reich Propaganda Ministry none other than Hitler himself. Germany produced reams of leaflets like this one, often quoting the Quran on the subject of Jewish treachery.

It is not surprising, then, that there are those today who draw a direct line between modern Jew-hatred in the Islamic world and the Nazis. A poster currently at Columbus Circle’s subway entrance proclaims loudly that “Jew-hatred is in the Quran.” The poster features a photograph of Hitler with the notoriously anti-Jewish Mufti al-Husaini of Palestine, who is erroneously labeled “the leader of the Muslim world.” The truth is considerably more complex. The mufti made himself useful to the Nazis as a propagandist, but he had little influence in most Muslim regions.

The Nazi Romance With Islam Has Some Lessons for the United States ndash Tablet Magazine

Last edited:
And where does Obama get off blaming Christianity for slavery without mentioning how many good Christian men and women were against slavery.

It was Christians who led the fight to abolish it. And maybe someone should let the President in on what's happening with slavery today in the here and now and who the hell is practicing it.

Some one show him Mauritana on a map. Glaring example of slavery in the present.

He's the one that needs to get down off his freaking high horse lecturing Christians as if we are living in a never never land and don't know our very own darker periods of time.

Some Christians, sure. But Scripture is clearly pro-slavery, and so those Christians were essentially radicals. And please - no one is more eager to forget their darker periods of time than Christians. You can bring it up pretty much in passing at breakfast and stir up the hornet's nest...
New testament isn't pro slavery it doesn't advocate either way really. But Christ came to Earth for something far more pressing than abolition and that was the salvation of humanity, slave or free.

Ephesians 6:5-8 (NASB): 5Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; 6not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. 7With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, 8knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.
That passage doesn't advocate slavery. But obedience to God like obedience to one's master. Its called an analogy.
It's not an analogy. It's a passage explaining that being a good slave is being a good Christian, which is about as pro-slavery as Christianity can get.

Of course, Christians today don't advocate slavery, but telling me mid-19th Century Christians had no New Testament passages to justify their position is incorrect.

Slavery was practiced by Christians. It's history. And Christians fought to abolish the practice. It's history.

Gay marriage? I'm conflicted as can be. As many Christians are. Wanting equal unions for people. The debate is over the term marriage.

For all my years in the music business I had many gay friends and associates who had far longer relationships than many straight people I knew. Cripes myself included.

I'm the last person on the planet to ever pull a holier than thou. And anyone like me .....you know..... the tiny dancers of 2065 will be saying we were conflicted with our feelings for our friends and family members in the LGBT community and still trying to live by the Word.

Well...I'll be honest and say that's a much nicer post than I was expecting. But there were "conflicted" people in 1865, too. Your Word will evolve. Islam's will, too.

Some people don't learn until they are knocked hard over the head. How many people are in prison finally considering the error of their way? I truly hope Islam evolves, but I'm certain it won't happen until they are crushed by the international community. there's too much lust for violence and bloodshed. Many people need to be brought to their knees before they learn humility and stop being aggressive. Japan is a good example.

Yes.

pr070816i.gif

Give it a couple more decades.

Perhaps!

Abolition as a concept was created by British Protestants. Can't get
PAYBACKS A BITCH, ISN'T IT Pussypussy?
Isn't it a coincidence wherever muslims are in large numbers there are conflicts like this? Poor misunderstood victims they are. Curious thing is that war was started by Muslims in the first place. War is hell and there are atrocities on both sides i condemn but don't act like muslims didn't start it. Also those militias aren't exclusively christian. They have animists as well who fear Muslim persecution

Who really cares who started it to be honest. We have to win this thing and that means make peace with the moderate Muslim leaders of the middle east.

Pakistan has to be on board after all queda slaughtered a military town women children and all.

Turkeys on board. Saudi agrees with us.

We don't want war with Iran I don't care what israel says.
What are you blabbering on about now? This war in CAR and how muslims started it has nothing to do with what you are talking about. You are just changing the subject.I am not American. But Turkey and Saudi Arabia can go to hell and so can America if they support them. They are parties responsible in funding these violent radicals in syria and Iraq because they dislike Assad. Assad is one of the decent moderate and pro christian leaders in the regio. Syria Iran and Iraq are the only ones confronting these radicals head on and I support them.
Who's side are you on? Irans? This is getting good
Yes. You support ISIS over Iran?[/QUOT

I'm hoping one day iranians have a revolution and moderates take over. Most iranians don't like the government but they don't want to be whipped killed or put in jail.

We need to make friends with Iran. They want the respect they deserve and the right doesn't know how to respect sand niggas

Theists like to say atheists killed more than theists.

You have no idea how many people the Soviet Union and China alone have killed. LOL, you don't know what you are talking about, you never do...
I the name of no god?

Russians are orthodox christians and Nazis were catholics. Show me when they switched from atheists to christians.

And even if the leaders didn't believe they were able to manipulate citizens who did. Why I say they use religion to con people.

The Nazi were fond of muslims, Christians not so much. They viewed the Christian religion as weak and descended from the Jews....

The Nazi Romance With Islam Has Some Lessons for the United States
Two new important histories look at Hitler’s fascination with Islam and Atatürk, the founder of modern Turkey

mikics_620.png

Soldiers of the 13th SS Division with a brochure about “Islam and Judaism,” 1943. (German Federal Archive via )

Both Hitler and Himmler had a soft spot for Islam. Hitler several times fantasized that, if the Saracens had not been stopped at the Battle of Tours, Islam would have spread through the European continent—and that would have been a good thing, since “Jewish Christianity” wouldn’t have gone on to poison Europe. Christianity doted on weakness and suffering, while Islam extolled strength, Hitler believed. Himmler in a January 1944 speech called Islam “a practical and attractive religion for soldiers,” with its promise of paradise and beautiful women for brave martyrs after their death. “This is the kind of language a soldier understands,” Himmler gushed.

Surely, the Nazi leaders thought, Muslims would see that the Germans were their blood brothers: loyal, iron-willed, and most important, convinced that Jews were the evil that most plagued the world. “Do you recognize him, the fat, curly-haired Jew who deceives and rules the whole world and who steals the land of the Arabs?” demanded one of the Nazi pamphlets dropped over North Africa (a million copies of it were printed). “The Jew,” the pamphlet explained, was the evil King Dajjal from Islamic tradition, who in the world’s final days was supposed to lead 70,000 Jews from Isfahan in apocalyptic battle against Isa—often identified with Jesus, but according to the Reich Propaganda Ministry none other than Hitler himself. Germany produced reams of leaflets like this one, often quoting the Quran on the subject of Jewish treachery.

It is not surprising, then, that there are those today who draw a direct line between modern Jew-hatred in the Islamic world and the Nazis. A poster currently at Columbus Circle’s subway entrance proclaims loudly that “Jew-hatred is in the Quran.” The poster features a photograph of Hitler with the notoriously anti-Jewish Mufti al-Husaini of Palestine, who is erroneously labeled “the leader of the Muslim world.” The truth is considerably more complex. The mufti made himself useful to the Nazis as a propagandist, but he had little influence in most Muslim regions.

The Nazi Romance With Islam Has Some Lessons for the United States ndash Tablet Magazine
687qdt.jpg

Some people don't learn until they are knocked hard over the head. How many people are in prison finally considering the error of their way? I truly hope Islam evolves, but I'm certain it won't happen until they are crushed by the international community. there's too much lust for violence and bloodshed. Many people need to be brought to their knees before they learn humility and stop being aggressive. Japan is a good example.
Maybe we need that lesson. Bet isis thinks so. Bet Russia hopes so. China too.

Fox News' Eric Bolling Says Only Muslims Kill In The Name Of Religion

Forget the Inquisition or the Crusades, religious fanatics only kill in the name of Islam -- at least according to Fox News' Eric Bolling.

During a segment Saturday on "Cashin’ In," Bolling accused President Barack Obama of lumping "Christians and murderous Islamic terrorists together" at the National Prayer Breakfast last week. In his speech, Obama warned Americans of forgetting the atrocities made in the name of Christianity when condemning Islam.

"Lest we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ," Obama said during his speech. "In our home country, slavery and Jim Crow all too often was justified in the name of Christ."

Bolling claimed the president's "egregious" comments would "follow him for the rest of his presidency and legacy," and pushed back on the idea that people murder in the names of other religions.

More: Fox News Eric Bolling Says Only Muslims Kill In The Name Of Religion

Is Eric Bolling really that fucking stupid? It appears that he is...

When were the Crusades. shitting bull?

Were they yesterday?

George W. Bush's Crusade in Iraq was just a few short years ago.
You must of had your Lobotomy around the same time:uhoh3:

Christians started the Iraq war? You sure it wasn't the Crab People?
9TzAjiK.jpg
Iraq was a basically republican driven war. And republican's claim their Christian's. And many democrats that voted for the war claim their Christian's to. The problem is much like a neutered dog, they just don't get it. You cannot be "for God" and "for war". It's either one or the other. Not both! You cannot have a gun in one hand and a bible in the other. It doesn't work that way.

It's not an analogy. It's a passage explaining that being a good slave is being a good Christian, which is about as pro-slavery as Christianity can get.

Of course, Christians today don't advocate slavery, but telling me mid-19th Century Christians had no New Testament passages to justify their position is incorrect.
The passage was about being godly even as a slave, but it certainly was no endorsement of slavery. Jesus came as prophesied "to set free the captives". Jesus, who taught that a laborer is deserving of his pay certainly would never endorse slavery. God has always made slaves free beginning with the Israelites in Egypt, and God never made free people slaves, for he did not create men to be owned by others.

Blame the evil people twisting Scripture to justify slavery, but don't blame God and don't blame his Word.

Christians started the Iraq war? You sure it wasn't the Crab People?
9TzAjiK.jpg
Iraq was a basically republican driven war. And republican's claim their Christian's. And many democrats that voted for the war claim their Christian's to. The problem is much like a neutered dog, they just don't get it. You cannot be "for God" and "for war". It's either one or the other. Not both! You cannot have a gun in one hand and a bible in the other. It doesn't work that way.

Apparently you never heard of World War II!

Nonsense. We're the ones who deliver that lesson, like we did to Germany and Japan after they made war on their neighbors. The lot of the ungodly is to confuse good and evil, to call evil good and good evil. That is you, morally confused and in need of the light of Christ.

The passage was about being godly even as a slave, but it certainly was no endorsement of slavery. Jesus came as prophesied "to set free the captives". Jesus, who taught that a laborer is deserving of his pay certainly would never endorse slavery. God has always made slaves free beginning with the Israelites in Egypt, and God never made free people slaves, for he did not create men to be owned by others.

Blame the evil people twisting Scripture to justify slavery, but don't blame God and don't blame his Word.

Deuteronomy 20:10-11: When you approach a city to fight against it, you shall offer it terms of peace.11"If it agrees to make peace with you and opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall become your forced labor and shall serve you.…

Nonsense. We're the ones who deliver that lesson, like we did to Germany and Japan after they made war on their neighbors. The lot of the ungodly is to confuse good and evil, to call evil good and good evil. That is you, morally confused and in need of the light of Christ.
good-vs-evil-500srgb.jpg

Forum List

Back