Obama Just Compared Christianity With Islam…At National Prayer Breakfast

lies-deception.gif

And where does Obama get off blaming Christianity for slavery without mentioning how many good Christian men and women were against slavery.

It was Christians who led the fight to abolish it. And maybe someone should let the President in on what's happening with slavery today in the here and now and who the hell is practicing it.

Some one show him Mauritana on a map. Glaring example of slavery in the present.

He's the one that needs to get down off his freaking high horse lecturing Christians as if we are living in a never never land and don't know our very own darker periods of time.

My heavens he's such an asshole.

Some Christians, sure. But Scripture is clearly pro-slavery, and so those Christians were essentially radicals. And please - no one is more eager to forget their darker periods of time than Christians. You can bring it up pretty much in passing at breakfast and stir up the hornet's nest...
New testament isn't pro slavery it doesn't advocate either way really. But Christ came to Earth for something far more pressing than abolition and that was the salvation of humanity, slave or free.

Ephesians 6:5-8 (NASB): 5Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; 6not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. 7With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, 8knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.
That passage doesn't advocate slavery. But obedience to God like obedience to one's master. Its called an analogy.
It's not an analogy. It's a passage explaining that being a good slave is being a good Christian, which is about as pro-slavery as Christianity can get.

Of course, Christians today don't advocate slavery, but telling me mid-19th Century Christians had no New Testament passages to justify their position is incorrect.
Yes it it, I can't help if you can't read. It clearly says be obedient to God as you are to your master. If you can't see this, this is your problem, not mine. As I said before, there are passages that could be put forth to both advocate slavery and abolition in the Bible. The fact remains, slavery predates Christianity. It was Christians, White Christians specifically, I know, the horror, that founded the abolition movement on religious principles. It was the British Empire that effectively ended the global slave trade. So Christianity is not responsible for slavery, but it is responsible for ending slavery in the Western world and most of the world all together. though unfortunately it continues today in parts of Africa, Muslim areas more specifically. But the existence of slavery cannot be blamed on Christianity. Without Christianity, there would have been no abolition movement. And as I said before, the Bible is not a political manifesto. Christ sought salvation for all mankind, slave and free, gentile and jew, greek and roman, man and woman. He brought us something far more important than abolition in this world, he gave us eternal life in the next.

Chuckman-Bush-God.jpg

President Obama was thinking of this crazy bastard when he reminded us of the evils of Christianity.

And where does Obama get off blaming Christianity for slavery without mentioning how many good Christian men and women were against slavery.

It was Christians who led the fight to abolish it. And maybe someone should let the President in on what's happening with slavery today in the here and now and who the hell is practicing it.

Some one show him Mauritana on a map. Glaring example of slavery in the present.

He's the one that needs to get down off his freaking high horse lecturing Christians as if we are living in a never never land and don't know our very own darker periods of time.

My heavens he's such an asshole.
Abolition as a concept was created by British Protestants. Can't get
Tens of thousands of Muslims flee Christian militias in Central African Republic - The Washington Post
By Sudarsan Raghavan February 7, 2014

BANGUI, Central African Republic – Tens of thousands of Muslims are fleeing to neighboring countries by plane and truck as Christian militias stage brutal attacks, shattering the social fabric of this war-ravaged nation.

In towns and villages as well as here in the capital, Christian vigilantes wielding machetes have killed scores of Muslims, who are a minority here, and burned and looted their houses and mosques in recent days, according to witnesses, aid agencies and peacekeepers. Tens of thousands of Muslims have fled their homes.

PAYBACKS A BITCH, ISN'T IT Pussypussy?
Isn't it a coincidence wherever muslims are in large numbers there are conflicts like this? Poor misunderstood victims they are. Curious thing is that war was started by Muslims in the first place. War is hell and there are atrocities on both sides i condemn but don't act like muslims didn't start it. Also those militias aren't exclusively christian. They have animists as well who fear Muslim persecution

Who really cares who started it to be honest. We have to win this thing and that means make peace with the moderate Muslim leaders of the middle east.

Pakistan has to be on board after all queda slaughtered a military town women children and all.

Turkeys on board. Saudi agrees with us.

We don't want war with Iran I don't care what israel says.
What are you blabbering on about now? This war in CAR and how muslims started it has nothing to do with what you are talking about. You are just changing the subject.I am not American. But Turkey and Saudi Arabia can go to hell and so can America if they support them. They are parties responsible in funding these violent radicals in syria and Iraq because they dislike Assad. Assad is one of the decent moderate and pro christian leaders in the regio. Syria Iran and Iraq are the only ones confronting these radicals head on and I support them.

Iran? They are terrorist supporting scum as bad as Isis. They fund Hamas and Hazballah. They fund terrorist who place roadside bombs that kill our troops. Most of the Iranian people are good people, but the mullahs are no better than ISIS
Hezbollah defends Christians and fights ISIS in Syria and Iraq. As far as I am concerned, the Iranians are on the right side of supporting Hezbollah here. ISIS are lunatics that need to be stopped.

You can weasel all you want but, in response to "Theists like to say atheists killed more than theists" you claimed that the Soviets and Chinese killed more.

Theists kill in the name of their religion, dumbass. Your response was knee-jerk with brain unengaged.

Individuals do, post a leader of a major christian organization ordering their followers to kill in the name of God.

And please let's attempt to keep this recent.

Army of God United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

AOG supports the Second Defensive Action Statement, as produced by the Defenders of the Defenders of Life, which reads:[7]

• We the undersigned, declare the justice of taking all Godly action necessary, including the use of force, to defend innocent human life (born and unborn). We proclaim that whatever force is legitimate to defend the life of a born child is legitimate to defend the life of an unborn child.

Maybe I should have underlined and bolded the word major.

Oh my

People at the dozen or so abortion clinics and the 1996 Summer Olympics, which were bombed by associates of the organization, might consider it somewhat major.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

The LRA was initially formed to resist the Uganda People's Defence Force (UPDF), called the National Resistance Army(NRA) before it took control of the country. The NRA/UPDF has been accused of widespread murder, rape, and pillage.[12][13]In June 2006, Radhika Coomaraswamy, the UN's special representative for children, found more than 5000 children recruited in the Ugandan government army.[14]

If your going to disagree with my post, please do so in a sane manner.

The name of the major Christian religion that instructs its people to kill in the name of God please?

It's easier to just say " I can't think of one"

The Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), also known as the Lord's Resistance Movement, is a militant movement which is "Christianist," extremist Christian,[6] acting as a new religious movement or a cult which operated in northern Uganda and South Sudan. Originally known as the United Holy Salvation Army and Uganda Christian Army/Movement, its stated goals include ruling Uganda according to the Ten Commandments.[7]

Individuals do, post a leader of a major christian organization ordering their followers to kill in the name of God.

And please let's attempt to keep this recent.

Army of God United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

AOG supports the Second Defensive Action Statement, as produced by the Defenders of the Defenders of Life, which reads:[7]

• We the undersigned, declare the justice of taking all Godly action necessary, including the use of force, to defend innocent human life (born and unborn). We proclaim that whatever force is legitimate to defend the life of a born child is legitimate to defend the life of an unborn child.

Maybe I should have underlined and bolded the word major.

Oh my

People at the dozen or so abortion clinics and the 1996 Summer Olympics, which were bombed by associates of the organization, might consider it somewhat major.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord's_Resistance_Army

The LRA was initially formed to resist the Uganda People's Defence Force (UPDF), called the National Resistance Army(NRA) before it took control of the country. The NRA/UPDF has been accused of widespread murder, rape, and pillage.[12][13]In June 2006, Radhika Coomaraswamy, the UN's special representative for children, found more than 5000 children recruited in the Ugandan government army.[14]

If your going to disagree with my post, please do so in a sane manner.

The name of the major Christian religion that instructs its people to kill in the name of God please?

It's easier to just say " I can't think of one"

The Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), also known as the Lord's Resistance Movement, is a militant movement which is "Christianist," extremist Christian,[6] acting as a new religious movement or a cult which operated in northern Uganda and South Sudan. Originally known as the United Holy Salvation Army and Uganda Christian Army/Movement, its stated goals include ruling Uganda according to the Ten Commandments.[7]

MAJOR dummy!

309875.jpg

Saddam Hussein died because God told George W. Bush to invade Iraq. The Christian Crusades continue...

Forum List

Back