🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama just lied again about pipeline

He said it wouldn't benefit the United States. Let's see if the msm vets him about this lie. Doubt it.

"When considering the domestically-produced petroleum products that this pipeline would introduce into the American economy, as well as the new employment opportunities created by the pipeline and the increased profits accrued by American firms as a result of its operation, it’s clear that Keystone would have a measurable positive impact on the American economy.

“The White House declined to provide an on-the-record defense of the president’s statement,” Kessler concluded. “That certainly suggests officials are unwilling to make a public case contradicting the State Department findings.” He dubbed Obama’s statement a willfully misleading “whopper” by giving it an ignominious four Pinocchios."

WaPo: Obama is lying to you about Keystone « Hot Air
This op article is from 8 MONTHS AGO, is this when he "lied AGAIN", 8 months ago?????
Lies have a shelf life?

And you would sound like an idiot.
Oh? How so?....Please explain......This should be good.
He's talking about infrastructure for BUSINESS AND THE ECONOMY of all kinds (ports, airports, electric grid, IT grid, pipes- all of which is falling apart after 30 years of pander to the idiot GOP rich and corps, brainwashed functional MORON.

LOL all of those things require burning fossil fuels, if only we had a pipeline to bring in the oil :laugh:
Idiot. Obama has doubled use of alt. energy and cut our need for ME oil for the first time. That will continue until your NEXT Pub oil man, dupe.

I was just pointing out the stupidity of your post, the ports need diesel, airports need jet fuel, the electric grid needs coal and gas, you can't launch satellites into orbit with solar energy.
Idiot. Nobody is saying end use of oil, just fix the infrastructure your moron masters have let fall apart for short term profit, and upgrade to intelligent and high tech. JOBS, not pandering to greedy billionaires.

He said it wouldn't benefit the United States. Let's see if the msm vets him about this lie. Doubt it.

"When considering the domestically-produced petroleum products that this pipeline would introduce into the American economy, as well as the new employment opportunities created by the pipeline and the increased profits accrued by American firms as a result of its operation, it’s clear that Keystone would have a measurable positive impact on the American economy.

“The White House declined to provide an on-the-record defense of the president’s statement,” Kessler concluded. “That certainly suggests officials are unwilling to make a public case contradicting the State Department findings.” He dubbed Obama’s statement a willfully misleading “whopper” by giving it an ignominious four Pinocchios."

Analyses have long been done on the XL proposal, and the findings were very clear:

-The XL would divert oil away from the mid-west region to the Gulf, to be sold internationally, resulting in higher pump prices in the heartland of the country.

-These higher pump prices would most likely result in increased consumer prices on many goods, due to higher transportation costs, with the ultimately likely result being lost jobs

-The jobs lost would be greater than jobs created by the XL
You will need to cite that then as it makes no sense whatsoever. Where the oil is 'diverted' to is irrelevant to a commodity like oil. The availability of oil anywhere effects the international price.

Further, that oil is going to market. That is a fact. The real question is weather we want it to travel on rail or pipeline. The sad fact is that refusing to build the pipeline is harmful to the environment rather than better as that same oil will travel over more harmful routs (and take more energy in doing so as well). There is no reason whatsoever aside from political posturing to continue and block the pipeline from being built.
This decision is purely political. And illogical.
According to your Big Oil, bought off brainwashers. lol

Oh for fucks sake...Obama says we should build bridges instead of the Keystone pipeline citing Keystone will only create a few full time jobs. Fine, how many people does a bridge employ after its built? And there you have the blatantly dishonest nature of this clowns argument. You won't see the ass sniffing MSM point this out to him.
oh bull crap.... building that bridge, is a bridge that every citizen of the future, in that region, can cross safely every day for at least the next 75 years on their way to and from work, those repaired bridges allows safe commerce and trade on goods for the next 75 years too.... that means jobs jobs and jobs.

Long term jobs are not only created with a strong and safe infrastructure, but existing jobs are saved as well....

Well if pipelines are so bad and so evil how did Enbridge manage to get a permit to build the Alberta Clipper and Southern Lights? Oh and latest statistics have it that 12000 miles of pipelines have been built since 2010.

This is all bullshit from Obama. All total and utter bullshit.

Energy
TrendingHydro One | TPP | Taxes | Retirement | Pipelines | TFSA | Oil | Housing Market | Alberta | Apple | China | Markets | Debt | Recession

America has built the equivalent of 10 Keystone pipelines since 2010 — and nobody said anything

America has built the equivalent of 10 Keystone pipelines since 2010 — and nobody said anything
Did the pipeline cross over critical aquifers?
Get off that. The damned pipeline could cross the desert and you people would be screeching about the danger posed to kangaroo rats.
Face it..You are opposed to the project because you worship Obama.. Dear Leader says "I'm against this", so you fall into line.

Analyses have long been done on the XL proposal, and the findings were very clear:

-The XL would divert oil away from the mid-west region to the Gulf, to be sold internationally, resulting in higher pump prices in the heartland of the country.

-These higher pump prices would most likely result in increased consumer prices on many goods, due to higher transportation costs, with the ultimately likely result being lost jobs

You will need to cite that then as it makes no sense whatsoever. Where the oil is 'diverted' to is irrelevant to a commodity like oil. The availability of oil anywhere effects the international price.

Further, that oil is going to market. That is a fact. The real question is weather we want it to travel on rail or pipeline. The sad fact is that refusing to build the pipeline is harmful to the environment rather than better as that same oil will travel over more harmful routs (and take more energy in doing so as well). There is no reason whatsoever aside from political posturing to continue and block the pipeline from being built.
Right.....Hey genius....No matter what you say, Obama's decision is pure politics.

He's talking about infrastructure for BUSINESS AND THE ECONOMY of all kinds (ports, airports, electric grid, IT grid, pipes- all of which is falling apart after 30 years of pander to the idiot GOP rich and corps, brainwashed functional MORON.

LOL all of those things require burning fossil fuels, if only we had a pipeline to bring in the oil :laugh:
Idiot. Obama has doubled use of alt. energy and cut our need for ME oil for the first time. That will continue until your NEXT Pub oil man, dupe.

I was just pointing out the stupidity of your post, the ports need diesel, airports need jet fuel, the electric grid needs coal and gas, you can't launch satellites into orbit with solar energy.
Idiot. Nobody is saying end use of oil, just fix the infrastructure your moron masters have let fall apart for short term profit, and upgrade to intelligent and high tech. JOBS, not pandering to greedy billionaires.

Sure, now if we can lower the cost of bringing in oil we'll have more money to spend on ports and airports. Hey I know lets expand the Keystone pipeline.

Right.....Hey genius....No matter what you say, Obama's decision is pure politics.
That would be your Party First Party of NO and Greedy Big Oil/Health/Pharma....change the channel.

OP- Total BS as always, dupes. WHAT LIE?

That there is no benefit to America for starters.

You really think they use bitumen to launch satellites?

Oh you still bring in Canuck crude by the millions of barrels. I think it hit the highest ever in August. 3.4 million barrels a day. It's coming via the Keystone pipeline (which was finished and online in January of 2014) and by rail to barge (shudder) and by transport trucks.

Oh you still bring in Canuck crude by the millions of barrels. I think it hit the highest ever in August. 3.4 million barrels a day. It's coming via the Keystone pipeline (which was finished and online in January of 2014) and by rail to barge (shudder) and by transport trucks.

Part of that line was. Just not the part that it was designed for. The part brings in Bitumen. We don't need that part.

Sure, now if we can lower the cost of bringing in oil we'll have more money to spend on ports and airports. Hey I know lets expand the Keystone pipeline.
Fix the old pipelines. Every day our old infrastructure is exploding.

Just let me put this in crayon.

220px-Keystone-pipeline-route.png
Does this mean that the pipeline's built already? Mostly, anyways?
Yes....The decision is so typical of liberalism. Style over substance.
It's a bit of an asshole move from the Canada/Canadian driller perspective, but it;s good for the US this way isnt it?

Certainly that's debatable and NOT A LIE. Your RW a-holes are always calling all kinds of opinions and predictions lies, while at the same time telling factual WHOPPERS nonstop.

It's a bit of an asshole move from the Canada/Canadian driller perspective, but it;s good for the US this way isnt it?

I find stunning that left wingers don't understand it at all.

Keystone is a pipeline. A conduit. Thats all they are.

Just a fucking pipeline you idiots.

Certainly that's debatable and NOT A LIE. Your RW a-holes are always calling all kinds of opinions and predictions lies, while at the same time telling factual WHOPPERS nonstop.

You are getting 3.5 million a day.

Pick your poison.

So nice to see the left so expressive of their affection for spills and pollution now that that which passes for "their leader" has headed off a means of transport that is so much safer than trains of multi-thousand gallon tank cars.

Nice that there is something they don't hate!

I find stunning that left wingers don't understand it at all.

Keystone is a pipeline. A conduit. Thats all they are.

Just a fucking pipeline you idiots.

Just a pipeline that we don't need.

The pump price of gasoline is relative. Meaning. If the price is run up 20 cents on the commodities exchanges, that is reflected in the pump price everywhere...

Funny. Your example isn't relative at all. Your example is a universal factor, not a relative factor.

You're right, though, that the price is relative. There are factors aside from the universal ones that will affect pump prices. That's why the pump prices in one town will be different than the pump prices in the next town over.

Keystone gives the US another level of oil independence.

That's ridiculous. Completing the XL would have removed oil from the mid-west markets and sent it to the Gulf for international sale. But you'll never face that fact, because it doesn't reconcile with the conclusion you want to project.

The pump price of gasoline is relative. Meaning. If the price is run up 20 cents on the commodities exchanges, that is reflected in the pump price everywhere...

Funny. Your example isn't relative at all. Your example is a universal factor, not a relative factor.

You're right, though, that the price is relative. There are factors aside from the universal ones that will affect pump prices. That's why the pump prices in one town will be different than the pump prices in the next town over.

That's ridiculous. Completing the XL would have removed oil from the mid-west markets and sent it to the Gulf for international sale. But you'll never face that fact, because it doesn't reconcile with the conclusion you want to project.

Actually Enbridge is looking at pipelining Bakken crude to the coast. Seems the highest prices are in refineries there.

The XL is just one small smidge of a pipeline.

You really need to stop lying here.

The XL is just one small smidge of a pipeline.

You really need to stop lying here.

You're right. Matter of fact, we should all listen to what you're staying. The XL is a small smidgeon. It is infinitesimal. It's insanely insignificant.

So why are you still making a big deal over it? It means nothing.

Forum List

Back