🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama just lied again about pipeline

When oil prices go up again, I'm certain there will be another, more thought thru (regarding our aqueducts), keystone xl pipeline proposal.

The fat lady hasn't sung yet on this....imo
No..it hasn't... Any of the GOP candidates should make this a campaign issue vs the two Dems

Where the oil is 'diverted' to is irrelevant to a commodity like oil.

You will need to cite that.

The availability of oil anywhere effects the international price.

And?? You're not trying to imply that local gas price variance is impossible, are you? Obviously there are differences in gas prices in different localities. You can go 20 minutes and encounter 20% price variation at times. Just because crude wholesales on a global market does not mean that gasoline will retail at consistent international prices.

Further, that oil is going to market. That is a fact. The real question is weather we want it to travel on rail or pipeline. The sad fact is that refusing to build the pipeline is harmful to the environment rather than better as that same oil will travel over more harmful routs (and take more energy in doing so as well). There is no reason whatsoever aside from political posturing to continue and block the pipeline from being built.

No, I don't see that as the question at all. That's the ecological question, and as far as I'm concerned it's irrelevant. It's not that I don't care about the environment; I care deeply about it. But that entire line of argument was never anything more than an uninformed and ill advised response to the liberals' uninformed and ill advised attacks against the XL based on BS environmental "concerns." There never was an environmental aspect to this issue. It's simple economics.
The pump price of gasoline is relative. Meaning. If the price is run up 20 cents on the commodities exchanges, that is reflected in the pump price everywhere...
Event driven price spikes are also felt across the country.
For example. A few months ago there was a fire at a refinery in California. As a result, NYMEX traders bid up the next months contract which resulted in a run up on the retail price.
The run up was a spike on the west coast, but we all paid more for gas...
Just last week ISIS blew a Russian plane out of the sky. Within two days of the event, gas spiked 10-17 cents per gallon here.
Keystone gives the US another level of oil independence.
Obama does't care. This decision was purely political. My speculation is his team carefully calculated which of the democrat core voting blocs( unions or environmentalists) he would throw under the bus....I guess since the enviro wacko vote outnumbers the big labor vote, Obama told the unions to go pound sand.
Oh, snap: Union chief calls Obama’s Keystone XL delay “gutless,” “no example of profiles in courage”

Last edited:
If Canada is committed to Keystone it will be built in Canada. Let the attendant pollution be their problem and the 35 jobs, well they can keep them.
Lets see a link about 35 jobs, lol. When I said I couldn't stand liars, I certainly meant the president.
Envio wackos could not care less about jobs. All they care about is their "stop everything" agenda.
There is a law group that calls itself the Southern Environmental Law Center...
Now these people are amazing.
Their website claims to be a champion of environment. Bit if one looks at the site objectively one can see the real mission of the group.
Their core goal is to first pick a project, then sue everyone in sight just to see if they can stop it from moving forward.
If they win and the project is scuttled, the law group hangs is over their mantle like the stuffed head of a trophy deer.
If they lose, they simply go away quietly into the night. Leaving a trail of legal debt in their wake.
For example, SLEC sued three times to stop a highway project near here. Twice they got some left wing judge to issue an injunction, stopping the project. This added millions to the cost of the roadway. Each time, the state made minor changes to the plan and the injunction was lifted. The SLEC leadership showing its petulance, sued again....Only this time, the could not stop the project. The highway is now 4 years behind schedule but underway....The SLEC has not been heard from since.
SLEC is not a law firm per se. It is a political advocacy group that has a lot of lawyers. At the end of the day though, they don't really care about the environment. To them it's all about the scorecard

A
Oh for fucks sake...Obama says we should build bridges instead of the Keystone pipeline citing Keystone will only create a few full time jobs. Fine, how many people does a bridge employ after its built? And there you have the blatantly dishonest nature of this clowns argument. You won't see the ass sniffing MSM point this out to him.
oh bull crap.... building that bridge, is a bridge that every citizen of the future, in that region, can cross safely every day for at least the next 75 years on their way to and from work, those repaired bridges allows safe commerce and trade on goods for the next 75 years too.... that means jobs jobs and jobs.

Long term jobs are not only created with a strong and safe infrastructure, but existing jobs are saved as well....
nd without the fuel to operate the vehicles to use the bridge?
Please.
Tell me, why are you opposed to Keystone?
And do not regurgitate liberal talking points.
Go do some homework and reply in your own words.
My thinking is you do not have a clue as to why you oppose the pipeline. all you know is that opposition to Keystone is a liberal cause, so you tag along.

Just let me put this in crayon.

220px-Keystone-pipeline-route.png
Does this mean that the pipeline's built already? Mostly, anyways?
Yes....The decision is so typical of liberalism. Style over substance.

A
Oh for fucks sake...Obama says we should build bridges instead of the Keystone pipeline citing Keystone will only create a few full time jobs. Fine, how many people does a bridge employ after its built? And there you have the blatantly dishonest nature of this clowns argument. You won't see the ass sniffing MSM point this out to him.
oh bull crap.... building that bridge, is a bridge that every citizen of the future, in that region, can cross safely every day for at least the next 75 years on their way to and from work, those repaired bridges allows safe commerce and trade on goods for the next 75 years too.... that means jobs jobs and jobs.

Long term jobs are not only created with a strong and safe infrastructure, but existing jobs are saved as well....
nd without the fuel to operate the vehicles to use the bridge?
Please.
Tell me, why are you opposed to Keystone?
And do not regurgitate liberal talking points.
Go do some homework and reply in your own words.
My thinking is you do not have a clue as to why you oppose the pipeline. all you know is that opposition to Keystone is a liberal cause, so you tag along.

Obama: Keystone would contribute to climate change, what we need to build are more roads...

Aid: (wispers) Mr. president that would encourage more driving and contribute to climate change.

Obama: and bridges...

Aid: Mr. president there's no difference between building a pipeline vs roads and bridges

Obama: lets create a million jobs building roads and bridges

Aid: Oh for fucks sakes shut up!!

The President And the Pipeline - The New Yorker

The President flew to San Francisco on April 3rd for a series of fund-raisers. He stopped in first at a cocktail reception hosted by Tom Steyer, a fifty-six-year-old billionaire, former hedge-fund manager, and major donor to the Democratic Party. Steyer lives in the city’s Sea Cliff neighborhood, in a house overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. As the President’s motorcade headed to the party, several hundred activists were assembling along the route to his second event—a dinner hosted by Ann and Gordon Getty, in Pacific Heights, on a street known as Billionaires’ Row. The protesters held banners that represented various causes, but most of them held professionally printed two-toned blue signs that said, “STOP THE KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE.” The “o” in “Keystone” replicated the Obama campaign logo.
After 7 years of insanity and horror this has simplified matters for me.

If Barack is in favor of something, his position is terrible for this nation.

If Barack is against something , his position is terrible for this nation.

The man is a pox on this nation. I cannot stand how the media gives this traitor a free pass year after year, scandal after scandal, etc. Doesn’t anyone have a conscious around here?

“Death to America” Iran yells in our face. Give them whatever they demand.

And F—k your phony global warming crap to make that the most critical issue of the day and a phony excuse to strike down the pipeline and a host of other matters.

This nation is sick to allow this continue

BINGO!!! and like posted don't forget his buddy billionaire, Buffet. who I believe has a stake in the trains who Transports OIL AND, who he wanted to name a tax hike after because he spewed how the RICH should be taxed more. but what the people don't stop to think is: these rich people find WRITE offs to get out of paying taxes. You are being PLAYED big time.
Obama has been the worst JOBS President EVER and the sick thing about is it's all: intentionally like the deal with this Pipeline

Don't forget Steyer and other big donors who are eco whackos. Obama and the D's have made a fortune in donations from them.

AND THEN we can't forget George Soros. that SOB is the MAIN instigator and financer behind all of the Democrat shenanigans like the BLM, OWS etc and most of the policies that Obama has installed to hurt us not help us.
You are out of your mind about Soros etc. Nothing in comparison to Pub billionaires who run the party. What policies, functional MORON? lol

If I wanted to be particularly mean to you libs I would point out how roads and bridges encourage people to drive cars burning fossil fuels accelerating climate change, why does Obama hate the environment? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And you would sound like an idiot.
Oh? How so?....Please explain......This should be good.

The President And the Pipeline - The New Yorker

The President flew to San Francisco on April 3rd for a series of fund-raisers. He stopped in first at a cocktail reception hosted by Tom Steyer, a fifty-six-year-old billionaire, former hedge-fund manager, and major donor to the Democratic Party. Steyer lives in the city’s Sea Cliff neighborhood, in a house overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. As the President’s motorcade headed to the party, several hundred activists were assembling along the route to his second event—a dinner hosted by Ann and Gordon Getty, in Pacific Heights, on a street known as Billionaires’ Row. The protesters held banners that represented various causes, but most of them held professionally printed two-toned blue signs that said, “STOP THE KEYSTONE XL PIPELINE.” The “o” in “Keystone” replicated the Obama campaign logo.

The man is a pox on this nation. I cannot stand how the media gives this traitor a free pass year after year, scandal after scandal, etc. Doesn’t anyone have a conscious around here?

And F—k your phony global warming crap to make that the most critical issue of the day and a phony excuse to strike down the pipeline and a host of other matters.

BINGO!!! and like posted don't forget his buddy billionaire, Buffet. who I believe has a stake in the trains who Transports OIL AND, who he wanted to name a tax hike after because he spewed how the RICH should be taxed more. but what the people don't stop to think is: these rich people find WRITE offs to get out of paying taxes. You are being PLAYED big time.
Obama has been the worst JOBS President EVER and the sick thing about is it's all: intentionally like the deal with this Pipeline

Don't forget Steyer and other big donors who are eco whackos. Obama and the D's have made a fortune in donations from them.

AND THEN we can't forget George Soros. that SOB is the MAIN instigator and financer behind all of the Democrat shenanigans like the BLM, OWS etc and most of the policies that Obama has installed to hurt us not help us.
You are out of your mind about Soros etc. Nothing in comparison to Pub billionaires who run the party. What policies, functional MORON? lol
No different than the billionaires who contribute just as much to the democrat party and liberal causes.
Do yourself a favor. Google "donor class"....Then come back and make an attempt to appear informed.

If I wanted to be particularly mean to you libs I would point out how roads and bridges encourage people to drive cars burning fossil fuels accelerating climate change, why does Obama hate the environment? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He's talking about infrastructure for BUSINESS AND THE ECONOMY of all kinds (ports, airports, electric grid, IT grid, pipes- all of which is falling apart after 30 years of pander to the idiot GOP rich and corps, brainwashed functional MORON.

He's talking about infrastructure for BUSINESS AND THE ECONOMY of all kinds (ports, airports, electric grid, IT grid, pipes- all of which is falling apart after 30 years of pander to the idiot GOP rich and corps, brainwashed functional MORON.

LOL all of those things require burning fossil fuels, if only we had a pipeline to bring in the oil :laugh:

No different than the billionaires who contribute just as much to the democrat party and liberal causes.
Do yourself a favor. Google "donor class"....Then come back and make an attempt to appear informed.
Our "worst" gives a few million- the Kochs almost a billion. You are totally misinformed and brainwashed by their Pub Propaganda Machine. DUH.

LOL all of those things require burning fossil fuels, if only we had a pipeline to bring in the oil :laugh:
Idiot. Obama has doubled use of alt. energy and cut our need for ME oil for the first time. That will continue until your NEXT Pub oil man, dupe.

All of that will CUT fossil fuel use and waste. The rest of the world has gotten ahead of us in new technology. Thanks to your greedy idiot heroes and dupes like you.

There are plenty of pipelines already.

Idiot. Obama has doubled use of alt. energy and cut our need for ME oil for the first time. That will continue until your NEXT Pub oil man, dupe.

I was just pointing out the stupidity of your post, the ports need diesel, airports need jet fuel, the electric grid needs coal and gas, you can't launch satellites into orbit with solar energy.

I was just pointing out the stupidity of your post, the ports need diesel, airports need jet fuel, the electric grid needs coal and gas, you can't launch satellites into orbit with solar energy.

You really think they use bitumen to launch satellites?

He said it wouldn't benefit the United States. Let's see if the msm vets him about this lie. Doubt it.

"When considering the domestically-produced petroleum products that this pipeline would introduce into the American economy, as well as the new employment opportunities created by the pipeline and the increased profits accrued by American firms as a result of its operation, it’s clear that Keystone would have a measurable positive impact on the American economy.

“The White House declined to provide an on-the-record defense of the president’s statement,” Kessler concluded. “That certainly suggests officials are unwilling to make a public case contradicting the State Department findings.” He dubbed Obama’s statement a willfully misleading “whopper” by giving it an ignominious four Pinocchios."

WaPo: Obama is lying to you about Keystone « Hot Air

Analyses have long been done on the XL proposal, and the findings were very clear:

-The XL would divert oil away from the mid-west region to the Gulf, to be sold internationally, resulting in higher pump prices in the heartland of the country.

-These higher pump prices would most likely result in increased consumer prices on many goods, due to higher transportation costs, with the ultimately likely result being lost jobs

-The jobs lost would be greater than jobs created by the XL
You will need to cite that then as it makes no sense whatsoever. Where the oil is 'diverted' to is irrelevant to a commodity like oil. The availability of oil anywhere effects the international price.

Further, that oil is going to market. That is a fact. The real question is weather we want it to travel on rail or pipeline. The sad fact is that refusing to build the pipeline is harmful to the environment rather than better as that same oil will travel over more harmful routs (and take more energy in doing so as well). There is no reason whatsoever aside from political posturing to continue and block the pipeline from being built.
This decision is purely political. And illogical.

Forum List

Back