🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama just lied again about pipeline

Where the oil is 'diverted' to is irrelevant to a commodity like oil.

You will need to cite that.
You really need me to cite the fact that oil is an internationally traded commodity? While you refuse to cite where crude pipelines increase costs?

Surly you jest.
The availability of oil anywhere effects the international price.

And?? You're not trying to imply that local gas price variance is impossible, are you? Obviously there are differences in gas prices in different localities. You can go 20 minutes and encounter 20% price variation at times. Just because crude wholesales on a global market does not mean that gasoline will retail at consistent international prices.
No. I am stating that where the crude is refined does not change local prices.

You are stating that piping that crude is going to increase local prices. That makes no sense.
Further, that oil is going to market. That is a fact. The real question is weather we want it to travel on rail or pipeline. The sad fact is that refusing to build the pipeline is harmful to the environment rather than better as that same oil will travel over more harmful routs (and take more energy in doing so as well). There is no reason whatsoever aside from political posturing to continue and block the pipeline from being built.

No, I don't see that as the question at all. That's the ecological question, and as far as I'm concerned it's irrelevant. It's not that I don't care about the environment; I care deeply about it. But that entire line of argument was never anything more than an uninformed and ill advised response to the liberals' uninformed and ill advised attacks against the XL based on BS environmental "concerns." There never was an environmental aspect to this issue. It's simple economics.
And economically the pipeline is a good idea. It moves oil from one location to where we refine it cheaper and safer than by rail. Efficiency is beneficial.

Just let me put this in crayon.

220px-Keystone-pipeline-route.png
Does this mean that the pipeline's built already? Mostly, anyways?
Yes....The decision is so typical of liberalism. Style over substance.
It's a bit of an asshole move from the Canada/Canadian driller perspective, but it;s good for the US this way isnt it?

I find stunning that left wingers don't understand it at all.

Keystone is a pipeline. A conduit. Thats all they are.

Just a fucking pipeline you idiots.

Just a pipeline that we don't need.
2 Billion into the economy........Nope we don't need jobs............

Kinda sounds like Obama strategy............kill jobs.

It's a bit of an asshole move from the Canada/Canadian driller perspective, but it;s good for the US this way isnt it?

Where and how did you come up with that number? If you deduct the direct profit for the oil companies which no one else will ever share, how much do you come up with?

Where and how did you come up with that number? If you deduct the direct profit for the oil companies which no one else will ever share, how much do you come up with?
Construction...........an area I know well................The pipeline, the ground work, the clearing of the land doesn't get done by Magic Pixie dust.

You really need me to cite the fact that oil is an internationally traded commodity? While you refuse to cite where crude pipelines increase costs?

No, you need to cite exactly what you said, which I quoted. But apparently, you're now reducing yourself to fabricating false substitutions, so I see no reason to move forward with this discussion.

Construction...........an area I know well................The pipeline, the ground work, the clearing of the land doesn't get done by Magic Pixie dust.

I know a little about pipeline myself. How many spreads covered the lower half, and how many hands on each spread? Do you think there would be more on the north end?

Surly you jest.
The availability of oil anywhere effects the international price.

And?? You're not trying to imply that local gas price variance is impossible, are you? Obviously there are differences in gas prices in different localities. You can go 20 minutes and encounter 20% price variation at times. Just because crude wholesales on a global market does not mean that gasoline will retail at consistent international prices.
No. I am stating that where the crude is refined does not change local prices.

You are stating that piping that crude is going to increase local prices. That makes no sense.
Further, that oil is going to market. That is a fact. The real question is weather we want it to travel on rail or pipeline. The sad fact is that refusing to build the pipeline is harmful to the environment rather than better as that same oil will travel over more harmful routs (and take more energy in doing so as well). There is no reason whatsoever aside from political posturing to continue and block the pipeline from being built.

No, I don't see that as the question at all. That's the ecological question, and as far as I'm concerned it's irrelevant. It's not that I don't care about the environment; I care deeply about it. But that entire line of argument was never anything more than an uninformed and ill advised response to the liberals' uninformed and ill advised attacks against the XL based on BS environmental "concerns." There never was an environmental aspect to this issue. It's simple economics.
And economically the pipeline is a good idea. It moves oil from one location to where we refine it cheaper and safer than by rail. Efficiency is beneficial.
It is my understanding that because there is excess supply in the Canadian oil sands, the refiners in the northern midwest that buy the crude from them to refine it, are able to purchase the oil sand crude at a lower price/cost, and they pass this savings on to the customer with lower gasoline prices.

And, with more refineries willing to buy the crude with a pipeline to gulf refineries, the level of excess supply diminishes, and the Canadian oil sand companies can call for a higher price from the Midwest refineries.

Last edited:
It is my understanding that because there is excess supply in the Canadian oil sands, the refiners in the northern midwest that buy the crude from them to refine it, are able to purchase the oil sand crude at a lower price/cost, and they pass this savings on to the customer with lower gasoline prices.

And, with more refineries will ing to buy the crude with a pipeline to gulf refineries, the level of excess supply diminishes, and the Canadian oil sand companies can call for a higher price from the Midwest refineries.

Bingo.

Canadian suppliers are foaming at the mouth for an opportunity to get that oil down to the Gulf, so they can increase their barrel prices. Have been for years now.

I know a little about pipeline myself. How many spreads covered the lower half, and how many hands on each spread? Do you think there would be more on the north end?
Do they work for free................NO
Do they make the steel and the pipe.............NO
Do they make the studs for the flanges..........NO
Do they inspect the welds and the Hydros...........NO
Do they make the beds at the local Hotels where the work is........No
Do they cook the food for the workers.........No.
Do they make the Instrumentation required for monitoring the pipeline.........NO
Do they make the wire used to power the pumps and motors and instruments............No
Do they build the motors or the pumps..........No.......

You have narrow minded knowledge.

No, you need to cite exactly what you said, which I quoted. But apparently, you're now reducing yourself to fabricating false substitutions, so I see no reason to move forward with this discussion.
Your posts in this thread can be summed up as a bunch of deflecting from backing yourself up and slinging insults and you have the gall to post this garbage.

You are correct - there is no point in continuing - you are simply content to be a worthless troll in this thread. I usually expect more from you - color me shocked.

Just let me put this in crayon.

220px-Keystone-pipeline-route.png

What does it mean?

Do they make the Instrumentation required for monitoring the pipeline.........NO
Do they make the wire used to power the pumps and motors and instruments............No

Were all those things required on the completed southern end of the line? Did you see any visible effect on the economy due to the work done on the southern end? As far as the pipe, that is made over seas anyway, and there are very few flanges on a welded pipeline. You might know a little about some construction,but you wouldn't make a pimple on a pipeliners ass.

Your posts in this thread can be summed up as a bunch of deflecting from backing yourself up and slinging insults and you have the gall to post this garbage.

You are correct - there is no point in continuing - you are simply content to be a worthless troll in this thread. I usually expect more from you - color me shocked.

I think there have been too many assumptions involved in your thinking. I've not deflected in the slightest.

Were all those things required on the completed southern end of the line? Did you see any visible effect on the economy due to the work done on the southern end? As far as the pipe, that is made over seas anyway, and there are very few flanges on a welded pipeline. You might know a little about some construction,but you wouldn't make a pimple on a pipeliners ass.
Whatever bub.............................There are far more jobs effected than just the pipeline crew.........................
I respect what they do.............worked with some pipe hands......and have done some myself.........at a refinery...............I'm not impressed with your pimple statement.......

When we can put money into the economy it shouldn't be held back..........If someone hasn't told you the economy is stagnant.......

Forum List

Back