Obama Laying Foundation for Gun Registry

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"But if Obama acts without Congress’ approval to expand background checks to person-to-person gun transfers among fellow gun enthusiasts, he will in effect be laying the foundation for a national gun registry, critics say. And they’re preparing to push back hard against any such measures."

Obama executive actions on guns coming Tuesday

So why is Trump suggesting creating a national registry to be shared between government agencies to keep track of all Visa applicants coming into the US, which would fix the acknowledged broken US Visa Program, getting condemnation from Liberals, but they have no problem with Obama creating a gun registry program targeting law abiding citizens (as you can bet criminals and terrorists will NOT be participating in the program)?!

Alarm bells should be going off in people's heads with this 'Generalissimo Obama' move....

"As in Weimar Germany, some well-meaning people today advocate severe restrictions, including bans and registration, on gun ownership by law-abiding persons. Such proponents are in no sense “Nazis,” any more than were the Weimar officials who promoted similar restrictions."
- How the Nazis Used Gun Control, by Stephen P. Halbrook, National Review

As said, though, 'Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to REPEAT the past.'

only thing I can say is that elections are coming , hope either a Trump or Cuz makes it so that either one can rescind mrobamas orders . --------------

You can bet that gun owners will line up to register.

"Me? Nah. Those guns disappeared long ago. A big bright light came, and then they were gone."

You can bet that gun owners will line up to register.

"Me? Nah. Those guns disappeared long ago. A big bright light came, and then they were gone."
you think that many people would be willing to have contraband in their homes? to sell or transfer those illegal weapons? i very much doubt it. people would register.

"But if Obama acts without Congress’ approval to expand background checks to person-to-person gun transfers among fellow gun enthusiasts, he will in effect be laying the foundation for a national gun registry, critics say. And they’re preparing to push back hard against any such measures."

So why is Trump suggesting creating a national registry to be shared between government agencies to keep track of all Visa applicants coming into the US, which would fix the acknowledged broken US Visa Program, getting condemnation from Liberals, but they have no problem with Obama creating a gun registry program targeting law abiding citizens (as you can bet criminals and terrorists will NOT be participating in the program)?!

Alarm bells should be going off in people's heads with this 'Generalissimo Obama' move....

"As in Weimar Germany, some well-meaning people today advocate severe restrictions, including bans and registration, on gun ownership by law-abiding persons. Such proponents are in no sense “Nazis,” any more than were the Weimar officials who promoted similar restrictions."

As said, though, 'Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to REPEAT the past.'

this is nothing like Weimar, nutter.

and there is nothing in the first amendment that would prohibit gun registration.

Ours was a billion dollar boondoggle. And it did nothing to prevent crime.

Criminals just don't believe in registering their weapons.

Obama just keeps making life harder for right wingers. Now lots of them have to decide whether to buy another gun or that new white robe and hood combo they have had their eye on, but the welfare check is only big enough for one or the other. Decisions, decisions.

Obama just keeps shitting on the Constitution and waging war on civil rights.

You just keep applauding him for his assault on liberty.

Most new guns sold today are de facto registered. Quit crying about the fact that maybe we can make it harder for criminals to get guns or make it easier for gun crimes to be solved.

No, you conservative states rights racists started the last civil war.

Lying again?

Well, you are a demagogue - sociopath, so lying is what you do.

But alas, the democrats of the south started the last Civil War.

And you got your asses kicked.

image.jpg
Lies.

Most new guns sold today are de facto registered. Quit crying about the fact that maybe we can make it harder for criminals to get guns or make it easier for gun crimes to be solved.

Izzatrite sploogy? Please explain how this "registry" works?

Is the serial number of the firearm logged into a federal database with the name, address, and phone of the owner?

Do tell?

1. I will sell my gun(s) to whomever I want to, whenever I want to and I will not do a background check on anyone.

2. I will never ever register my guns.

3. I will never ever willingly or peacefully give them up.

this is nothing like Weimar, nutter.

and there is nothing in the first amendment that would prohibit gun registration.

Nothing in the First, but I think the Fourth applies, don't you.

1. I will sell my gun(s) to whomever I want to, whenever I want to and I will not do a background check on anyone.

2. I will never ever register my guns.

3. I will never ever willingly or peacefully give them up.
No surprise that you would willingly sell to a criminal

image.jpg
For all you left wing idiots who think that there are no background checks at gun shows, here is just one of 11 tables at the Central Florida Gun Show this past weekend, where they do those checks.

What's wrong wh a gun registry ? Some silly claim that Feds are gonna "come get you" .

I heard the gang members in Chicago were lining up around the block to register their guns. Can anyone else confirm that?

Forum List

Back