Obama looks so small compared to this great man

cause what screwed shit up after Reagan was the Savings and loans losses that the US taxpayers paid for while bankers played.

To be honest, I don't see anybody of Reagan-calibre in either party right now.

Reagan wasn't that great of a President. He didn't really do anything great.

The job of a President is more like the job of a parent. It's not what he does. It's what the citizenry does while he's in power.

Reagan allowed the US population to regain greatness.

Compare that to the current loser who is allowing us to regain a languishing dependence and a belief that our best is behind us. A President is judged not by the great things that he does, but by the great things the we do while he's in office.

Obama's like a golfer who has a beautiful swing and puts every ball in the pond.

He is a complete and utter failure, but he looks great while he's bringing us all down. I'll give you that.

This makes no sense (unsurprisingly); the American people have always been great, there was nothing to ‘regain.’

securedownload.jpg

No, but he did think that:

Ronald Reagan: 'close loopholes, millionaires must pay their fair share'

Ronald Reagan: 'close loopholes, millionaires must pay their fair share' [VIDEO] | HULIQ

Sound familiar!!!???? SO Obama is great man like Reagan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the dumb masses don't know the difference between closing loopholes (Reagan) and raising tax rates (Obama).

Say dumbmasses real fast!

Ronald Reagan: 'close loopholes, millionaires must pay their fair share' [VIDEO] | HULIQ

Some of the dumb masses don't know the difference between closing loopholes (Reagan) and raising tax rates (Obama).

Obama wants to do the same thing to remedy the debt but nooooo.

To be honest, I don't see anybody of Reagan-calibre in either party right now.

Reagan wasn't that great of a President. He didn't really do anything great.

I disagree strongly. Reagan was a very important President, one of the most important in US history. He profoundly changed the direction of the country.

He sure did....................

"In 1976 I was impressed with Ronald Reagan’s program and was one of the four members of Congress who endorsed his candidacy. In 1980, unlike other Republican office holders in Texas, I again supported our President in his efforts.

Since 1981, however, I have gradually and steadily grown weary of the Republican Party’s efforts to reduce the size of the federal government. Since then Ronald Reagan and the Republican Party have given us skyrocketing deficits, and astoundingly a doubled national debt. How is it that the party of balanced budgets, with control of the White House and Senate, accumulated red ink greater than all previous administrations put together?"

"Tax revenues are up 59 percent since 1980. Because of our economic growth? No. During Carter’s four years, we had growth of 37.2 percent; Reagan’s five years have given us 30.7 percent. The new revenues are due to four giant Republican tax increases since 1981. "

"All republicans rightly chastised Carter for his $38 billion deficit. But they ignore or even defend deficits of $220 billion, as government spending has grown 10.4 percent per year since Reagan took office, while the federal payroll has zoomed by a quarter of a million bureaucrats. "

"Despite the Supply-Sider-Keynesian claim that "deficits don't matter,"the debt presents a grave threat to our country. Thanks to the President and Republican Party, we have lost the chance to reduce the deficit and the spending in a non-crisis fashion. Even worse, big government has been legitimized in a way the Democrats never could have accomplished. It was tragic to listen to Ronald Reagan on the 1986 campaign trail bragging about his high spending on farm subsidies, welfare, warfare, etc., in his futile effort to hold on to control of the Senate."

"Instead of cutting some of the immeasurable waste in the Department of Defense, it has gotten worse, with the inevitable result that we are less secure today. Reagan's foreign aid expenditures exceed Eisenhower's, Kennedy's, Johnson's, Nixon's, Ford's, and Carter's put together. Foreign intervention has exploded since 1980. Only an end to military welfare for foreign governments plus a curtailment of our unconstitutional commitments abroad will enable us really to defend ourselves and solve our financial problems. "

"Under the guise of attacking drug use and money laundering, the Republican Administration has systematically attacked personal and financial privacy. The effect has been to victimize innocent Americans who wish to conduct their private lives without government snooping. (Should people really be put on a suspected drug dealer list because they transfer $3,000 at one time?) Reagan's urine testing of Americans without probable cause is a clear violation of our civil liberties, as are his proposals for extensive "lie detector" tests. "

"Knowing this administration's record, I wasn't surprised by its Libyan disinformation campaign, Israeli-Iranian arms-for-hostages swap, or illegal funding of the Contras. All this has contributed to my disenchantment with the Republican Party, and helped me make up my mind. "

"I want to totally disassociate myself from the policies that have given us unprecedented deficits, massive monetary inflation, indiscriminate military spending, an irrational and unconstitutional foreign policy, zooming foreign aid, the exaltation of international banking, and the attack on our personal liberties and privacy. "

SOURCE

Wow!!!! :lol:

Neither do the balance sheets of private companies. Tax liability is tax liability. For a given business, all else being equal, more tax liability is bad less is good, it matters little by what laws those tax liabilities occur.

Well good for you then.

You can't even name a single concrete action by Reagan that was great.

I guess you had to be there...or pick up a history book.

He brought the Soviets to their knees. If a President's first job is security of the Nation, he accomplished that.

Really? How did he bring them to their knees? By calling them bad names and looking good? Anything in in particular he did to "bring them to their knees", or is that just something someone told you once?

Moreover, He made the country remember what experience we have, what our past was, and recognized that the Country was unique, special.
How did he do that? Anything in particular? He made a bunch of nice speeches and made people feel good? Wow, good for him.

Some call it "exceptionalism"....I'm not sure about that but as far as civilizations go adjusted for the times when they came about, he reminded us that we were great.

Mad props to Ronald Reagan.

For what? Making you feel good? Great. Good job Ronald! You made people feel good!

Well...he WAS an actor.

Who exactly is Obama running against?

Right! What's so great about romney?:badgrin:

He seems to like the idea of America. That's a step up from the current guy.

Oh yah sure he does! Loves those tax breaks he and his upper .01% get thanks to their lobby effort in their govt. Loves it so much that he hoards and stores his millions in off-shore acct's. Another draft dodger! Need I go on!?! What a patriot he isn't.

"To understand the State of the Union, we must look not only at where we are and where we're going but where we've been. The situation at this time last year was truly ominous."

"In the last six months of 1980, as an example, the money supply increased at the fastest rate in postwar history 13 percent. Inflation remained in double digits and Government spending increased at an annual rate of 17 percent. Interest rates reached a s taggering 21 1/2 percent. There were eight million unemployed."

"First, we must understand what's happening at the moment to the economy. Our current problems are not the product of the recovery program that's only just now getting under way, as some would have you believe; they are the inheritance of decades of tax and tax, and spend"

"Now the budget deficit this year will exceed our earlier expectations. The recession did that. It lowered revenues and increased costs."

He halved black unemployment, and presided over a 12 percent increase in family earning.

No, actually, both of your claims are factually untrue.

He didn't halve black unemployment. Black unemployment was 14.3 in 1980 and 11.7 in 1988. That's a 22% decline, not a 50% decline. So you're wrong.
Unemployment rates by race and ethnicity, 2010

Also, median household income only rose about 8% over his term. You can see in this table:
Median Household Income History in the United States
that it was, in inflation adjusted dollars, $48126 in 1988 and $44616 in 1980 for an improvement of 8%. And in fact, during his first term, the real value of the median income rose less than $200.

Reagan's modest 8% improvement over 8 years is better than any Republican President in recent history, but as you can see, it went from $46,616 in 1992 to $53,164, for a 14% increase over 8 years under President Clinton. So Reagan isn't particularly noteworthy for his 8% improvement, except that its the best for a recent Republican.

Where the fuck did you get your numbers, BTW. Did you just make them up or are you parroting something you heard somewhere that you obviously never bothered to check out yourself? That's the trouble with debating things with people like you. You only know what others have told you, you seldom decide to check out the facts for yourself. God forbid you have to read past a headline and do your own homework to make sure you aren't being lied to. Obviously - whoever told you Reagan reduced black unemployment by halve was full of shit. Obviously - whoever told you Reagan increased household incomes by 12% was also wrong. You probably couldn't even say where you first heard it - I'm sure that there are millions of sheep like you out their parroting the same false statistics. Its obvious you didn't come up with those figures on your own, because I presume you have basic arithmetic skills. But you'll continue to believe whatever FOX News or Rush Limbaugh or your ignorant conservative friends who get their knowledge from Hannity or Ann Coulter have to tell you because its easier than doing your own damn homework and thinking.

images

The Big 0 has outspent all presidents since the dawn of the Republic.

This is blatantly incorrect.
It is saying that all other presidential budgets totaled are less that Obama's budget totals.

He did outspend Washington and Washington started the whiskey tax.

Yeah Reagan was so great.

The administration in 1984 secretly sold arms to Iran -- which the United States considered a supporter of terrorism -- to raise cash for Nicaraguan contra rebels, despite a congressional ban on support for the Latin American insurgency. An independent investigation concluded that the arms sales to Iran operations "were carried out with the knowledge of, among others, President Ronald Reagan [and] Vice President George Bush," and that "large volumes of highly relevant, contemporaneously created documents were systematically and willfully withheld from investigators by several Reagan Administration officials."

The combination of a huge "supply-side" tax cut, a historic military buildup and a painful two-year recession produced huge budget deficits and a near tripling of the national debt that haunted the country and policymakers for years and drained resources from social programs. And the administration showed indifference to an emerging AIDS crisis in the early 1980s. By the time Reagan delivered his first speech on the epidemic in May 1988 -- about eight months before he left office -- the disease had been diagnosed in more than 36,000 Americans, and 20,849 had died.

Until a public protest forced Reagan to back away, his Agriculture Department sought to cut the school lunch program and redefine ketchup and relish as vegetables.
Schisms From Administration Lingered for Years

I'm not impressed.
Now that you have listed a very few of the low lights, focus on the rest of his 8 years....BTW...the supply-side (as you call it) tax cuts are NOT a bad thing. They are ONE of hundreds of good things that helped to change this country for the better.

It was Reagan's policies and his altering of our economy from one of massive theft of the producers, to one in which business could thrive, was the direct cause of more than 12 years of prosperity, those same years that everyone likes to give Clinton credit for.

His policies reunited Germany, started th downfall of one of the worst tyrannical governments in our histoy (Soviet Russia) and put communism back on its heals for decades.

Yeah.....But you go ahead and focus on JUST the bad stuff and then define Reagan by that alone.

The supply-side as I call it?

How about the supply-side as the Washington Post calls it. They're the ones who wrote the article.

And if you think the Iran-Contra affair was just a "low light", guess again. It practically defines Reagan's term in office.

Aside from Reagan ordering Gorbachev to "Tear Down This Wall" (I'll be Gorbachev quaked with fear when Reagan said it) exactly what policies of Reagan's reunited Germany? It was Germany's policies which reunited Germany I would think.
The Iron Curtain was ready to fall long before Reagan made his speech. He's about as responsible for the German Reunification as David Hasselhof is.

And why shouldn't we only focus on the bad stuff Reagan did? Isn't that what you all are doing with Obama?
Wow, you need to check into a clinic and dry out. The Iran-Contra affair only defines Reagan to the wing nuts who absolutely have to tear him down to justify their own existence.

Every policy that pushed the Soviets into economic collapse trying to keep up with our re-establishing our military defense of this county was instrumental to the reunification of Germany and the all of the Soviet Empire.

Now that you have listed a very few of the low lights, focus on the rest of his 8 years....BTW...the supply-side (as you call it) tax cuts are NOT a bad thing. They are ONE of hundreds of good things that helped to change this country for the better.

It was Reagan's policies and his altering of our economy from one of massive theft of the producers, to one in which business could thrive, was the direct cause of more than 12 years of prosperity, those same years that everyone likes to give Clinton credit for.

His policies reunited Germany, started th downfall of one of the worst tyrannical governments in our histoy (Soviet Russia) and put communism back on its heals for decades.

Yeah.....But you go ahead and focus on JUST the bad stuff and then define Reagan by that alone.

How about the supply-side as the Washington Post calls it. They're the ones who wrote the article.

And if you think the Iran-Contra affair was just a "low light", guess again. It practically defines Reagan's term in office.

Aside from Reagan ordering Gorbachev to "Tear Down This Wall" (I'll be Gorbachev quaked with fear when Reagan said it) exactly what policies of Reagan's reunited Germany? It was Germany's policies which reunited Germany I would think.
The Iron Curtain was ready to fall long before Reagan made his speech. He's about as responsible for the German Reunification as David Hasselhof is.

And why shouldn't we only focus on the bad stuff Reagan did? Isn't that what you all are doing with Obama?
Wow, you need to check into a clinic and dry out. The Iran-Contra affair only defines Reagan to the wing nuts who absolutely have to tear him down to justify their own existence.

Every policy that pushed the Soviets into economic collapse trying to keep up with our re-establishing our military defense of this county was instrumental to the reunification of Germany and the all of the Soviet Empire.

Oh, sorry; we may have become a bit befuddled when Obama eating dog was the big story.

Oh, sorry; we may have become a bit befuddled when Obama eating dog was the big story.
It happened long before the dog story.

Forum List

Back