Obama, Merkel Hold ‘Private’ Talks in Berlin

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Obama-Merkel-Berlin-Rally.jpg

Why is it that Dims believe they can flout US law with impunity.

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953

§ 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

Think he got clearance before the meeting? I wonder what he was meeting her about “in private.” Why wasn’t it publicly?

More @ Obama, Merkel Hold 'Private' Talks in Berlin

since we don't know what the meeting is about, "intent to influence" is a guess.

i'd not disagree, but i'm not going to jump to conclusions either.

popcorn time.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

Think he got clearance before the meeting? I wonder what he was meeting her about “in private.” Why wasn’t it publicly?

He is not the Potus anymore , he can visit anyone he choses and Germany use to be an ally, what Tramp did was having a private conversation for 2 hours with someone not our ally and believed Putin over the US Security teams.

Yet you know that, but want to continue to drag down Obama thinking it might throw emphasis off of Tramp, but believe me it hasn't.

He needs clearance? Too fucking stupid.

what is he talking to her about? if US political matters, i believe he would.

if yoga and his daughters wedding, sure. delete the mail.

If Trump starts dating Kim Jong Un after he’s voted out, I expect you’d jump to his defense.

If Trump starts dating Kim Jong Un after he’s voted out, I expect you’d jump to his defense.
your powers of comprehension suck dinglebatshit, son.

for the most part i'm defending obama until we know what the meeting was about. if base family stuff who gives a shit.

you'd misrepresent anything if you didn't understand it. which is about everything.

Just discussing important globalist strategy, undoubtedly. How to dismantle borders, bring more millions of third world
"refugees" into the West to get some more of that sweet free money like they love in Sweden, France, Germany, etc.
Maybe Barry and Angela was going over her NCAA basketball brackets as Obama loves to do so much.

Note to German newpapers....Obama is not YOUR president! If you love him so much make him your Prime Minister.
He sure as hell is not OUR president either.

Who cares. He has no power and she's an idiot.

Hope they enjoyed their conversation and I can't tell you how much of a shit I do not give.

They are making a bet on which country would become Muslim first, America or Germany.

Lol, what makes you so sure there is anything political or governmental about their meeting? Obama is a private citizen now, and has kept pretty clear of the arena. Why would he suddenly change that?

*GASP* They had a meeting behind closed doors without reporters present? I smell COLLUSION

Lol, what makes you so sure there is anything political or governmental about their meeting? Obama is a private citizen now, and has kept pretty clear of the arena. Why would he suddenly change that?
now apply that logic to trump jr's meeting with a russian lawyer.

i'm sure you'll twist it up all over the place but keep in mind - i honestly don't care what obama does as long as he's not talking politics that he shouldn't with her and/or does anything illegal. outside that, they can tea and crumpet their asses off.

A website called "Legal Insurrection", who plainly states at the head of their page they are dedicated to bucking the government?

Well, since it was a far right site, I decided to see if there was any real news on this. Turns out, it was a perfectly innocent meeting.

For those of you who don't want to buy into the OP's fear mongering, here is another link........................

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...eets-germanys-merkel-at-chancellery-in-berlin

BERLIN (AP) — Chancellor Angela Merkel has received former U.S. President Barack Obama at her office in Berlin for a meeting characterized by German officials as a routine private encounter with a former international peer.

Obama could be seen waving as he left the chancellery alongside Merkel Friday. Merkel's spokesman, Steffen Seibert, said she has met repeatedly with ex-heads of state and government "with whom she worked together closely and well for a time."

He said the meeting has no implications for current German-U.S. relations. Asked whether it was a signal to President Donald Trump, with whom Germany has a sometimes-complicated relationship, Seibert replied: "I would firmly reject that impression."

Forum List

Back