we can say sure Trump can run BUT he cannot hold any office with within the federal,state or local offices of government.

Browse the Constitution Annotated

Fourteenth Amendment Equal Protection and Other Rights

Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

The above does not say an individual cannot run for office, neither does it suggest use of a 5th amendment bypass of the 14th Amendment

However it does say No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

Thus we can say sure Trump can run BUT he cannot hold any office with within the federal,state or local offices of government.

To alter anything that is said in the 14th Amendment 3rd section requires a Constitutional Amendment approved by the house and senate.
the problem is that Trump did not do any of those things, the FBI did.

/----/ Don't be so sure. An average-sized guy can run up behind you and shove you onto the tracks. This isn't the exact story I heard about, but the victim was described as over 6 feet tall.
A victim was pushed from behind at the Fulton Street station in lower Manhattan while standing on the southbound platform on the A/C line as a C train was approaching at around 11:30 a.m., according to police.
Yes, this is tragic.

But when you let millions of mentally ill people wander the street without treatment, this is kind of what you should expect.

/----/ Don't be so sure. An average-sized guy can run up behind you and shove you onto the tracks. This isn't the exact story I heard about, but the victim was described as over 6 feet tall.
A victim was pushed from behind at the Fulton Street station in lower Manhattan while standing on the southbound platform on the A/C line as a C train was approaching at around 11:30 a.m., according to police.

I've been riding subways since my teen years. I'm always "checking 6" when I go to look for the train if it's coming or not, and other times my back is usually by the wall or one of the dividers/signs. Also always looking for the twitchy person and avoid them.

I've been riding subways since my teen years. I'm always "checking 6" when I go to look for the train if it's coming or not, and other times my back is usually by the wall or one of the dividers/signs. Also always looking for the twitchy person and avoid them.
/—-/ I rode the subway for 30 years, without a concern. I won’t now unless I’m in a group.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

The above does not say an individual cannot run for office, neither does it suggest use of a 5th amendment bypass of the 14th Amendment

However it does say No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

Thus we can say sure Trump can run BUT he cannot hold any office with within the federal,state or local offices of government.

To alter anything that is said in the 14th Amendment 3rd section requires a Constitutional Amendment approved by the house and senate.
What you say actually accomplishes the opposite, it would mean that the Constitution validates the voting for someone that the Constitution says can't win in order to actually gain office. which makes it look like a stupid document. Was that your intent ?

Why is that an impossible number?

If I find any number impossible to believe, it's that Trump increased his total number of votes despite his repeated fuckups on Covid, the Economy, and the riots.

But the explanation is pretty clear.

Voter Participation grew from 59% to 66%.
People pissing away their votes on third parties decreased.

But Trump got the same percentage of the vote in 2020 he got in 2016, a little under 47%. The same number Romney got in terms of percentage. Biden improved on Hillarys numbers because - again- people realized voting third party was a wasted vote.

"but, but, but... Trump was leading and then he wasn't."

Trump was leading in the very small early returns from rural areas, because those areas finish their counting faster than the Urban areas. This is nothing new, which is why none of the News organizations - not even Fox - was willing to call these states for Trump on the basis of projections.

Furthermore, most of these states had rules that the same day votes had to be counted before the mail-in ballots, which is kind of time consuming and fucked up, when you think about it.

Georgia had over 300,000 new voters register.

ALEC came first then MAGA came along to front for ALEC. Now the GOP is dead which began under Reagan/Bush. Yes Republicans have been purged from their own party by way of United We Stand = train loads of dark money extreme radical dark money can we say the Fascist Communist put the GOP out of business.

NEVER VOTE REPUBLICAN BECAUSE THE GOP HAS BEEN SUBVERTED BY ALEC!!!! and MAGA!!!!!

Corporate Rule = Fascist Communist takeover ......
ALEC: The Voice of Corporate Special Interests in State Legislatures | Right Wing Watch

Koch-linked political firm aims to handpick "electable" candidates

ALEC Exposed ALEC/American Legislative Exchange Council
ALEC Exposed

Exposing ALEC's Agenda to Defund and Dismantle Public Education
Exposing ALEC's Agenda to Defund and Dismantle Public Education

ALEC Exposed

Forum List

Back