🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama On Compromise WIth The GOP

Our piece of shit incompetent worst-president-ever mouths off above his paygrade again.
Obama warns GOP he plans to use veto pen in 2015 - Yahoo News

You dont start off a relationship by threatening people. Anyone who complains about GOP intrasigence has his head up his ass.

:Snip:

Obama, despite his near-constant friction with congressional Republicans the last few years, rarely has used the presidential veto -- in part because legislation he didn't like typically died in the Democrat-controlled Senate before reaching his desk.

But with Republicans taking charge of the Senate next month and building their majority in the House, Obama said in an NPR interview he's dusting off the veto pen.

Hey, Zeke. You figured out the difference between Reg Z and your left nut yet?

Why you keep asking you stupid mother fucker? You applying for a loan somewhere and want me to explain your Truth In Lending statement? Ain't happening dude. And you are too fucking stupid to understand the explanation.
So quit asking me to explain it to you.

And my left nut. Why you worried about my left nut? I ain't giving that to you either. Fucking weird stupid rabbit.
OK, so you're a liar too. You never made a mortgage loan in your life.

I find it odd that the OP uses the term "Compromise" in his thread title

What are the Republicans willing to offer the President for his support?
Elections have consequences and the GOP won.

That they did

And Republicans are now going to face the consequences of the poor relationship they have built with the President

The poor relationship THEY BUILT??

Holy Hell. He doesn't give the GOP the time of day and hasn't for the six years he's been in office and you think they are to blame for the poor relationship??

Is this the same Obama who continually reminded the GOP that he won and that they should all get in the back of the bus?

The same Obama that didn't want any input from the GOP when he crafted that piece of shit ACA??

The Obama who has done nothing to include the GOP in anything??

That Obama? The worst president since WWII?

Hope the GOP tells Obama to kiss their ass and I hope they have enough votes to override everyone of his veto's.

I love when Republicans do this...

Poison the well and then blame the Democrats because they refuse to drink from the well
Poison the well? What do you think Obama just did with his statement?

He's threatening to veto virtually everything and the GOP are the obstrustionists? Getouttatown!
Trying to rewrite history? That's blatant revisionism. Republicans are the obstructionists.
Harry Reid is the obstructionist. But again, you deflect from my point because you cannot counter it. Obama is threatening to obstruct every bill sent to him. Why arent you blaming him for being obstructionist?

OK Republicans....maybe we can try this

What Legislation do you want Obama to sign?

Keystone Pipeline
Immigration reform
Kill Obamacare
Environmental deregulation

What "compromise" do you think you need to offer to get it signed?
Democrats support virtually all of those things. Why do Republicans need to compromise?

Seems odd given all that "good will" that Republicans "Obama must fail" policies have built up with our President

Sometimes you reap what you sow

So your saying Obama is just like the people you hate. Interesting prospective RW. Odd it took you so long to see this seeing as Obama has been like this since the day he was elected.

Nonsense. The Republicans dealt with the same issue when Bush was POTUS, but decided not to go nuclear with the filibuster, most likely because the democrats were going ape about losing their power at the time. Guess you have to be a democrat to do something like that.
The Republicans didn't invoke the filibuster in the past, but they are doing it now, is the way I read your post. That proves my point. The Republicans were the obstructionists. What is it the Democrats were supposed to have done?!?!

Nonsense. The Republicans dealt with the same issue when Bush was POTUS, but decided not to go nuclear with the filibuster, most likely because the democrats were going ape about losing their power at the time. Guess you have to be a democrat to do something like that.
The Republicans didn't invoke the filibuster in the past, but they are doing it now, is the way I read your post. That proves my point. The Republicans were the obstructionists. What is it the Democrats were supposed to have done?!?!
And when Democrats were the obstructionists, well, that was just politics. The GOP refused to invoke the nuclear option. The Democrats had no trouble doing it. Now they want the GOP to change it back Not. gonna.happen.

]Trying to rewrite history? That's blatant revisionism. Republicans are the obstructionists.
Harry Reid is the obstructionist. But again, you deflect from my point because you cannot counter it. Obama is threatening to obstruct every bill sent to him. Why arent you blaming him for being obstructionist?
I'm saying Republicans are obstructionist because they're insisting everything requires 60 votes.

Seems odd given all that "good will" that Republicans "Obama must fail" policies have built up with our President

Sometimes you reap what you sow

You mean like Obama starting off his second term by threatening vetoes?

Obama is well into his second term and hasn't issued a veto yet
With Harry Reid guarding the gate in the Senate and stopping all bills he doesnt need to.

Reid has not stopped a single bill which had more than the 60 votes to establish cloture. Same standard Democratic bills had to face

]Trying to rewrite history? That's blatant revisionism. Republicans are the obstructionists.
I'm saying they're obstructionist because they're insisting everything requiores a 60 votes.

The Senators absolutely can rewrite the filibuster rule. It's not law and can be easily changed, as exemplified by Reid.

I appears that many GOP Senators want to return it to 60 to force cloture. We'll see in just a few days.

And when Democrats were the obstructionists, well, that was just politics. The GOP refused to invoke the nuclear option. The Democrats had no trouble doing it. Now they want the GOP to change it back Not. gonna.happen.

You're not reading my post correctly. I said the Republicans had the chance to go nuclear and eliminate the filibuster when the democrats were preventing Bush from putting minorities on the bench, but did not. It was Reid who did away with the filibuster rule for bench nominations, not Republicans. If the Republicans reinstate the filibuster rule, it will be to the democrats' benefit.

You read it that way because you're stupid.
Again, Democrats filibustered Bush's judicial nominees. When the GOP threatened to invoke the nuclear option Dems went apeshit and swore the end of the Republic was at hand. They hammered out a compromise, which the Dems promptly welched on.
When the Dems had power and the GOP did EXACLTY THE SAME THING the Dems invoked the nuclear option.
Now tell me which side is obstructionist. Which side doesnt want to play by the rules.

Is there some reason why some posters simply cannot see or do not understand the main point of the OP? :rolleyes:

Is there some reason why some posters simply cannot see or do not understand the main point of the OP? :rolleyes:

The OP was debunked when the pretense of there being some sort of new relationship that cancelled out the past was pointed out and dismissed as an attempt at revisionist history.

The OP was debunked when the pretense of there being some sort of new relationship that cancelled out the past was pointed out and dismissed as an attempt at revisionist history.
So Obama is unwillng to change his hostile relationship with the GOP? Yeah, that was kinda the point here.

Forum List

Back