Obama on Holder's racism comments: ordinary people don't think about that

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
The interview below Obama was asked about Holder's obvious implied racism against republicans. Obama was pretty cool in his response and said the TRUth of the matter is ALL presidents and attorney generals face criticism! It does not mean racism! thank you Obama!

The strange thing at the end of the interview he says "ordinary people don't think about the types of comments" Holder made at the National Action Network On Wednesday. Huh? Either way it was a very cool response to the question.

Obama comments on criticism of presidency, Holder - Videos - CBS News

President Obama's been extremely gracious.

42 - The Jackie Robinson Story

Rent that one out if you can. You'll kinda get what I am talking about.

I will, and thank you for the recommendation.

I can't recall what thread it was it but I wondered about your vacation and if you saw any Tasmanian devils or at least the sign I told you to look out for [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION]. Forgive me if I missed your reply.

Psssst. I hate your avatar, I have actually had a nightmare about it once... I've spent far too much time here since I've been getting better. lol

it's gracious to go around and call your fellow Americans who are Republican, the enemy, hostage takers, terrorist, and his graciousness just flows from the heavens above

that man doesn't have a gracious bone in his body, he's pure hateful and evil

it's gracious to go around and call your fellow Americans who are Republican, the enemy, hostage takers, terrorist, and his graciousness just flows from the heavens above

that man doesn't have a gracious bone in his body, he's pure hateful and evil

you're pretty much a sour puss also...

Campaigning Obama said, "There's not a black America, a White America, there's only one America." then as soon as he moved in the White House he started pounding the wedge of racism between blacks and whites.

Obama is EVIL Incarnate, the same EVIL ONE who tempted Jesus during his 40 day fast.

Campaigning Obama said, "There's not a black America, a White America, there's only one America." then as soon as he moved in the White House he started pounding the wedge of racism between blacks and whites.

Obama is EVIL Incarnate, the same EVIL ONE who tempted Jesus during his 40 day fast.

horse-hockey....

Different era.

Social change comes in pendulumic waves; two steps forward, one step back, but sometimes it's the reverse.

For example -- Major League Baseball likes to make a big deal out of the idea that Jackie Robinson was the first black baseball player in the major leagues.
Except he wasn't (that would be Moses Walker, 1884).

Black ballplayers were not uncommon when pro baseball was organized in the 19th century. What Jackie Robinson represents is the first re-occurence of a black ballplayer after the unspeakable racist times around the early 20th century -- a time of despicable regression the history books don't like to talk about -- times that brought the genocide of the Tulsa riots, the Duluth lynching that became a linchpin of Bob Dylan's "Desolation Row" (and a ton of other lynchings), D.W. Griffith's racist film "Birth of a Nation" and the rebirth of a short-lived Civil War vigilante group called the Ku Klux Klan (both of the latter 1915). We don't like to talk about that period because it's so fucking nasty. So we pretend that Jackie Robinson is the 'first'. It obscures a major gap in time, and what happened during that gap.

Reform... backlash.... reform again... backlash again.

So gradually through the 1940s, '50s, '60s, strides toward the vision of equality we're supposedly built on are achieved; yet you still have racists sending hate letters to Hank Aaron threatening his life (1974) if he dares to break the record of the white Babe Ruth. Always the undercurrent.

Then a black man is elected President, and we get posts like this:

It's what Hank Aaron was talking about recently.

Last edited:

OMG! You people are hilarious. And sad. And scary. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

CaféAuLait;8948046 said:

I will, and thank you for the recommendation.

I can't recall what thread it was it but I wondered about your vacation and if you saw any Tasmanian devils or at least the sign I told you to look out for [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION]. Forgive me if I missed your reply.

Psssst. I hate your avatar, I have actually had a nightmare about it once... I've spent far too much time here since I've been getting better. lol

I will be leaving the on April 29th. And I hope to see one of those tricky Devils.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I0DNKRPmcw#aid=P-rF4LZ35bc[/ame]

Forum List

Back