Obama on Late Night?

ah how cute....defending and justifying bad behaviour with bad behaviour....so what you are saying is bush sucked and since obama is doing the same thing he sucks as well....

new boss same as the old boss....

nope... what I'm saying is this thread is bogus like every other one kman posts and you're buying into the disingenuousness.

Pretty crazy complaints here huh?

I guess they think he should divorce his wife and put hi kids up for adoption too?

I guess people just want someone that will be President 24 hours a day. They are fed up with the part-time Presidency that we've had over the past 8 years.

This thread depresses the Obama...

obam-rama.jpg

Getting hot under the collar?

Perhaps you should step away from the PC for a time.

Telling me what Bush did is pointless, since you should know by know I consider Bush a Monumental and worthless douchebag.

What Bush did is also no defense for things Obama does, unless the standard is to out moron a moron.

I dont know your personal opinion on W.. i do now..

BO cheapening the office by going out on late night TV?? if BO does it alot I agree.. if its once in a blue moon thats not cheapening it.. IMO

Most people dont follow politics as heavily as most do on this board and BO on late night TV may be one of the few times those folks see him...

please tell me your kidding? otherwise, i'll have no choice but to put this in the most idiotic statement thread...

was a sarcastic statement... yes.. BO is everywhere in the media...

most people on this board do pay more attention to politics than the average joe though...

Pretty crazy complaints here huh?

I guess they think he should divorce his wife and put hi kids up for adoption too?

I guess people just want someone that will be President 24 hours a day. They are fed up with the part-time Presidency that we've had over the past 8 years.

This thread depresses the Obama...

obam-rama.jpg

It looks like that Z symbol/star of david thing is a photo edit job.. nice work....

is that a trick smokeless cigarette??

.. and good to see BO supporting american tobaco farmers!!!

Last edited:
ah how cute....defending and justifying bad behaviour with bad behaviour....so what you are saying is bush sucked and since obama is doing the same thing he sucks as well....

new boss same as the old boss....

nope... what I'm saying is this thread is bogus like every other one kman posts and you're buying into the disingenuousness.

so you are just fine with him flying to california to give campaign speeches, fill out final four brackets on tv and go on a entertainment show.....when do you think he will do the view.....

meanwhile back at the ranch.....congress is passing laws to target individual citizens.... that they voted to give the money to in the first place......
not that that is against the constitution or anything....

you got your george bush......have fun defending him for four years.....

Campaign speeches? That's an interesting way of phrasing it. I understand why you are, but I don't agree with you and here's why. Right now, our economic recovery depends on consumer confidence. The rightwingnuts have engaged in an intensive effort to destroy any confidence under the guise of bringing down Obama's approval ratings. Therefore, it's incumbant on Obama to make sure confidence stays high because, contrary to the wishes of the far reaches of the right, if he fails, we all fail. If appearing on Leno helps him communicate that people should be confident then can we fault him for it?

Given that, I'd say that going on Leno is a modern version of a fireside chat. Is it a good thing? I don't know. It's clearly unusual, but I don't think it's a necessarily bad thing.

He's going on Leno to promote his stimulus bill. You know, the one that passed without anyone reading it. The same one that provided the bonus loophole. Yeah, we all know why Obama isn't in DC. Spin, spin, spin.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Nobody can defend what Obama did and have an ounce of credibility and they know it.

Trying to explain or blow off cheapening the office of President won't wash, it's just blind partisanship.

What the hell? Is Obama an "A-list celeb" or our Commander in Chief? How does the president have time to take off of our economic crisis to go on a comedy show? For a man who believes government should control everything, youd think he would being trying to "fix" everything. Whats next Saturday night live?

It's an OUTRAGE! :evil:

I'm already beginning to miss Dubya, the dude you voted for twice! :(

What the hell? Is Obama an "A-list celeb" or our Commander in Chief? How does the president have time to take off of our economic crisis to go on a comedy show? For a man who believes government should control everything, youd think he would being trying to "fix" everything. Whats next Saturday night live?

You people are too serious. You should lighten up some. What do you think Obama is going to do, put his hand on some kind of economic button that's only in the White House that slowly but surely changes our economy back to the positive?

He's going out in front of 5 million people to talk to them. Just like he'll be doing next Tuesday night in the nationally televised press conference.

I can't believe the same people that said he's doing too much are now saying he's not doing enough.

What Obama is going to do is overexpose himself which will eat even more into his approval ratings. What makes him think the people of this country want to see their President booked on entertainment shows like some Hollywood celebrity talking about his/her latest movie?

At this same point in their administrations, both Clinton and Bush had higher approval ratings than Obama - and neither went traipsing around to appear on entertainment shows as if they were celebrity figures once they were sworn in. Nor did they NEED to. The President isn't an entertainment figure who has time on his hands for the luxury of being booked on some entertainment show. If a President wants to explain his policy positions to the American people, the Leno show is an inappropriate forum because he can reach far more people by doing what other Presidents do. Ask for and get prime time coverage whenever he wants and without any need to be booked by Leno as an entertainment figure.

But apparently Obama thinks this is a fine move and a missed opportunity by other Presidents he thinks should have been promoting their celebrity status instead of their policies!

Personally I find it offensive and something only someone who considers himself more important than the office he holds would do. Someone like Hugo Chavez -and even Chavez hasn't done that.

The rightwingnuts have engaged in an intensive effort to destroy any confidence under the guise of bringing down Obama's approval ratings. Therefore, it's incumbant on Obama to make sure confidence stays high because, contrary to the wishes of the far reaches of the right, if he fails, we all fail.........

The "rightwingnuts" have engaged in an intensive effort to destroy confidence? What amazing POWER you think Republicans must have when they only lost MORE seats in Congress, lost MORE state governorships and were soundly rejected by the people of this country just a few months ago! Oh yeah -like the people of this country are suddenly listening to Republicans just a few weeks after Obama's Inauguration? ROFL Who are those Republicans getting so much air time in order to reach so many people so they can get out there and do all that confidence destroying? Are you for real?

Obama undermined confidence all by himself and every time he opened his mouth when he kept talking about how much WORSE things were going to get -over and over. Every time he spoke he was badmouthing the economy and warning this was still nothing compared to what's coming! Did that inspire YOUR confidence or something? What did those big, bad "rightwingnut" Republicans say that compared to that? Seriously -which Republicans are getting all this air time and news coverage and publicity in order to try and destroy confidence? You do realize that such statements only make you sound like an over-the-top, total paranoid boob, don't you?

Every time Obama opened his mouth for weeks and weeks -the stock market tanked some more. Not when some Republican spoke. Investors don't make their decisions based on what some Republican who doesn't set the agenda and cannot stop the Democrat agenda has said when it is a Democrat in the White House and Democrats controlling Congress. Republicans got no game and no Republican has a bully pulpit, no Republican is getting a bunch of air time, news coverage or interviews. They are taking it in the shorts right now having the liberal Democrat agenda rammed down their throats with Democrats not even bothering to pretend there is any real attempt at bipartisanship anymore.

By the way -the fact that Republicans firmly believe that Obama's agenda will NOT work because it has never once worked in history -is not the same thing as trying to "destroy confidence". No amount of confidence can make it work. That is like saying you have never seen the Tooth Fairy only because of all those "bad" people who insisted she didn't exist and it destroyed confidence in her existence. Do you REALLY think she would have shown up if they hadn't said she didn't exist? Likewise, Obama's policies are never going to work even if no one ever correctly pointed out the fact they have never once worked in history in any country. No matter how many times they have been tried, they have never once worked. Does that fact inspire YOUR confidence that it will THIS time if tried just one more time? LOL This isn't a matter of whether there is enough confidence or not -its a matter of reality.

Just MAYBE since they have never once worked no matter how often they have been tried and no matter which country has tried them, it tells those with critical thinking skills -that just PERHAPS some REAL debate and FAR more thought should have gone into this instead of the rush to pass THE most massive spending spree in history. Especially since it took over 200 years for our budget deficit to reach what it was when Bush left office and Obama has more than tripled it in just his first six WEEKS!! Passed by people who didn't even bother to READ the fucking bill! I expect my representatives to actually READ bills before they vote in favor of passing them. But apparently that isn't something you Kool-Aid drinkers expect your representatives to do at all. Then they turn around and put up this phony act that they had no idea they had voted in favor of a bill that SPECIFICALLY protected the huge bonuses being paid to AIG, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac execs who ran their businesses into the ground? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That is just pathetic. Every Congressperson who voted in favor of that bill without bothering to read it should be thrown out of office. And apparently quite a few other people agree with that -because if elections were held today, most Democrats up for re-election would have a tough time winning.

The fact that people are fed up with these massive bail-outs over and over again is not a Republican thing -it is a grassroots anger. People are fed up with the massive spending of the Obama administration. The tab for every household in the country is nearly $90,000 now -and Obama has just gotten started. I'm supposed to feel CONFIDENCE over that? This country would have been far better off if he had just given every household that $90,000 instead of bailing out fat cat executives with the very same institutions coming back over and over for more taxpayer money.

But why would you seriously expect Republicans to jump on board with an agenda that is the very antithesis of Republican principles in the first place? No Republican won their office by promising to become a leftwing liberal. So when it results in yet one more failed attempt to make these policies work when history has already proven they have never once worked -it won't be the fault of Republicans. It will be the fault of Democrats who insisted that attempting these same failed policies on an even MORE massive scale was surely bound to work this time. That is the definition of insanity in my book -not something to get all "confident" over.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the interview yet, forgot it was on.

However, ive been hearing that President Obama made fun of the disabled and the White House is already in spin control.

God, these right wing whine sessions are fun to read!

Keep it up!

Obama was great on Leno, by the way.

I'll call you a whaaambulance.
I'm happy to say I'm not the one who has to embariss myself defending this fool, you are.

I can tell you, you sound like all the little Bushbots who defended that fool as he made one mistake after another.

In short, you've become what you dispised.

In all the years I've been blogging, and all the posts I've read, I think quite possibly the below post is the best post I've ever read. One of them for sure. It's one for the history books. It reminds me of one of our fallen members who used to post here, Merlin1047. God rest his soul, and to frazzledgear, God bless ya brother. :clap2:

The rightwingnuts have engaged in an intensive effort to destroy any confidence under the guise of bringing down Obama's approval ratings. Therefore, it's incumbant on Obama to make sure confidence stays high because, contrary to the wishes of the far reaches of the right, if he fails, we all fail.........

The "rightwingnuts" have engaged in an intensive effort to destroy confidence? What amazing POWER you think Republicans must have when they only lost MORE seats in Congress, lost MORE state governorships and were soundly rejected by the people of this country just a few months ago! Oh yeah -like the people of this country are suddenly listening to Republicans just a few weeks after Obama's Inauguration? ROFL Who are those Republicans getting so much air time in order to reach so many people so they can get out there and do all that confidence destroying? Are you for real?

Obama undermined confidence all by himself and every time he opened his mouth when he kept talking about how much WORSE things were going to get -over and over. Every time he spoke he was badmouthing the economy and warning this was still nothing compared to what's coming! Did that inspire YOUR confidence or something? What did those big, bad "rightwingnut" Republicans say that compared to that? Seriously -which Republicans are getting all this air time and news coverage and publicity in order to try and destroy confidence? You do realize that such statements only make you sound like an over-the-top, total paranoid boob, don't you?

Every time Obama opened his mouth for weeks and weeks -the stock market tanked some more. Not when some Republican spoke. Investors don't make their decisions based on what some Republican who doesn't set the agenda and cannot stop the Democrat agenda has said when it is a Democrat in the White House and Democrats controlling Congress. Republicans got no game and no Republican has a bully pulpit, no Republican is getting a bunch of air time, news coverage or interviews. They are taking it in the shorts right now having the liberal Democrat agenda rammed down their throats with Democrats not even bothering to pretend there is any real attempt at bipartisanship anymore.

By the way -the fact that Republicans firmly believe that Obama's agenda will NOT work because it has never once worked in history -is not the same thing as trying to "destroy confidence". No amount of confidence can make it work. That is like saying you have never seen the Tooth Fairy only because of all those "bad" people who insisted she didn't exist and it destroyed confidence in her existence. Do you REALLY think she would have shown up if they hadn't said she didn't exist? Likewise, Obama's policies are never going to work even if no one ever correctly pointed out the fact they have never once worked in history in any country. No matter how many times they have been tried, they have never once worked. Does that fact inspire YOUR confidence that it will THIS time if tried just one more time? LOL This isn't a matter of whether there is enough confidence or not -its a matter of reality.

Just MAYBE since they have never once worked no matter how often they have been tried and no matter which country has tried them, it tells those with critical thinking skills -that just PERHAPS some REAL debate and FAR more thought should have gone into this instead of the rush to pass THE most massive spending spree in history. Especially since it took over 200 years for our budget deficit to reach what it was when Bush left office and Obama has more than tripled it in just his first six WEEKS!! Passed by people who didn't even bother to READ the fucking bill! I expect my representatives to actually READ bills before they vote in favor of passing them. But apparently that isn't something you Kool-Aid drinkers expect your representatives to do at all. Then they turn around and put up this phony act that they had no idea they had voted in favor of a bill that SPECIFICALLY protected the huge bonuses being paid to AIG, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac execs who ran their businesses into the ground? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That is just pathetic. Every Congressperson who voted in favor of that bill without bothering to read it should be thrown out of office. And apparently quite a few other people agree with that -because if elections were held today, most Democrats up for re-election would have a tough time winning.

The fact that people are fed up with these massive bail-outs over and over again is not a Republican thing -it is a grassroots anger. People are fed up with the massive spending of the Obama administration. The tab for every household in the country is nearly $90,000 now -and Obama has just gotten started. I'm supposed to feel CONFIDENCE over that? This country would have been far better off if he had just given every household that $90,000 instead of bailing out fat cat executives with the very same institutions coming back over and over for more taxpayer money.

But why would you seriously expect Republicans to jump on board with an agenda that is the very antithesis of Republican principles in the first place? No Republican won their office by promising to become a leftwing liberal. So when it results in yet one more failed attempt to make these policies work when history has already proven they have never once worked -it won't be the fault of Republicans. It will be the fault of Democrats who insisted that attempting these same failed policies on an even MORE massive scale was surely bound to work this time. That is the definition of insanity in my book -not something to get all "confident" over.

Yes I saw obamalamadingdong on Leno last night. He's real smooth as long as your shootin' the shit, but ask him a question and it's right back to the stuttering. A-a-a-a, b-b-b-b, t-t-t-t, i-i-i-i. The dude is a chump. You people that elected him elected a chump. A party boy. A con man. He's so full of hot gas it's sickening. He only showed me one thing on Leno last night, and that's that he can kick back and bull shit with the boys with the best of 'em. But ask him something about what he's SUPPOSED to be doing, and he struggles to puke out some rambling, long winded, stuttering line of bull shit. I just hope there's people left back in Washington that can take up this ass plugs slack, because he sure the hell doesn't appear too fucking dedicated to working for the country. He's too interested in cultivating his celebrity status as a party boy. We had Reagan that started out an actor and turned politician, so now we have a politician who wants to turn actor.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back