Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term

Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term—More Than All Presidents from Washington Through Clinton Combined
By Terence P. Jeffrey

January 13, 2012

(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama has been increasing the national debt during his presidency by an average of $4.24 billion per day ($4,240,506,004.34) putting him on a pace to increase the national debt by $6.2 trillion ($6,195,379,272,340.74) by the end of his term on Jan. 20, 2013, according to the debt figures published by the U.S. Treasury.

That $6.2 trillion is more debt than was accumulated by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined.

In fact, the U.S. national debt did not eclipse the $6.195 trillion level—the amount Obama is on pace to increase it in one term—until August 19, 2002, during President George W. Bush’s second year of office.

The national debt was $10.6 trillion ($10,626,877,048,913.08) on Jan. 20, 2009, the day Obama was inaugurated. As of the close of business on Jan. 11, 2012, it was $15.2 trillion ($15,236,307,075,631.58.) In Obama’s first 1,087 days in office, the debt increased $4.6 trillion ($4,609,430,026,718.50)—or an increase of $4.24 billion ($4,240,506,004.34) per day.

At that daily rate, the debt would increase a total of $6.2 trillion ($6,195,379,272,340.74) over the entire 1,461 days of Obama’s four year term.

At the close of business Aug. 19, 2002, the total national debt was $6.195 trillion.
Where in this dishonest post is the interest on the debt?

You fucking idiot.

Obama on Pace to Borrow $6.2T in One Term—More Than All Presidents from Washington Through Clinton Combined
By Terence P. Jeffrey

January 13, 2012

(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama has been increasing the national debt during his presidency by an average of $4.24 billion per day ($4,240,506,004.34) putting him on a pace to increase the national debt by $6.2 trillion ($6,195,379,272,340.74) by the end of his term on Jan. 20, 2013, according to the debt figures published by the U.S. Treasury.

That $6.2 trillion is more debt than was accumulated by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined.

In fact, the U.S. national debt did not eclipse the $6.195 trillion level—the amount Obama is on pace to increase it in one term—until August 19, 2002, during President George W. Bush’s second year of office.

The national debt was $10.6 trillion ($10,626,877,048,913.08) on Jan. 20, 2009, the day Obama was inaugurated. As of the close of business on Jan. 11, 2012, it was $15.2 trillion ($15,236,307,075,631.58.) In Obama’s first 1,087 days in office, the debt increased $4.6 trillion ($4,609,430,026,718.50)—or an increase of $4.24 billion ($4,240,506,004.34) per day.

At that daily rate, the debt would increase a total of $6.2 trillion ($6,195,379,272,340.74) over the entire 1,461 days of Obama’s four year term.

At the close of business Aug. 19, 2002, the total national debt was $6.195 trillion.

You fucking idiot.

Tissue?

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

You won't find it. Not from this bunch.

did bush dipshit? according to your precious media, he did, his economy sucked yada yada yada....its obamas turn in the barrel, stop whining and suck it up.

March 2009.

Obama.......... Give me the economy....... WE DID.
sigh..... here's the full quote full auto, and the context and correct date, it was not march

On July 14, 2009, in a speech at Macomb Community College in Warren, Mich., Barack Obama veered off his prepared remarks to take a shot at some of the "it's Obama's economy" critics to arrogantly say:
''I love those folks who helped get us in this mess, and suddenly they say, 'This is Obama's economy.' That's fine. Give it to me. My job is to solve problems, not stand on the sidelines and carp and gripe.''​

and the unemployment rate has gone from 10% down to 8.6% since then....I agree it has been slow in improvement, but improvement none the less, no?

By Terence P. Jeffrey

January 13, 2012

You fucking idiot.

Tissue?

Why would I need a tissue? I just pointed out that his post is bullshit. Give him the tissue.

did bush dipshit? according to your precious media, he did, his economy sucked yada yada yada....its obamas turn in the barrel, stop whining and suck it up.

March 2009.

sigh..... here's the full quote full auto, and the context and correct date, it was not march

On July 14, 2009, in a speech at Macomb Community College in Warren, Mich., Barack Obama veered off his prepared remarks to take a shot at some of the "it's Obama's economy" critics to arrogantly say:
''I love those folks who helped get us in this mess, and suddenly they say, 'This is Obama's economy.' That's fine. Give it to me. My job is to solve problems, not stand on the sidelines and carp and gripe.''​

and the unemployment rate has gone from 10% down to 8.6% since then....I agree it has been slow in improvement, but improvement none the less, no?

I will take your word for it, But I do recall something along the same lines in March. Since I dont care, I concede the point.

If you wish to credit Obama for unemployment explain where those million ran off too.

image002[1][2].jpg

March 2009.

the unemployment figures are problematic. for instance IF the job market really picked up and all of those vaporized people from the standard number, the 8.5% come back the rate will jump up.....then it'll be morning in America:lol:....so frankly, the only way to really make a judgment is based on the monthly creation figures and the re-adjustments etc. etc...

with a monthly rate that barely accounts for new job entrants, I'd say anemic is the word for it.

and, my pet peeve? in an economy with a 5.5% rate the admin. was lambasted monthly, now? 200K jobs in this environment draws nary a yawn. its dishonest and I think thats what drives a lot of the angst.

You fucking idiot.

Tissue?

Why would I need a tissue? I just pointed out that his post is bullshit. Give him the tissue.

how is it bullshit? hes already on record for over 5 trillion, hes now, according to the slimy deal ( both of them) they concocted back in august /sept. will get another tranche to carry it over the 6 trillion mark, this is a fact, is it not?

how is it bullshit? hes already on record for over 5 trillion, hes now, according to the slimy deal ( both of them) they concocted back in august /sept. will get another tranche to carry it over the 6 trillion mark, this is a fact, is it not?
But you're dishonestly overlooking the fact that it's OBAMA, so it HAS to be good.

Right, Synthia?

If he's bailing out business, he's not doing a good job because the businesses he's bailing out fail anyway.

By Terence P. Jeffrey

January 13, 2012

You fucking idiot.

Why would anyone include that? Did turds like you include it during the Bush administration?

Last edited:

In the past, the economy improved faster when the government did absolutely nothing. All of Obama's schemes have been counter productive. This has been the longest recession we've ever had, thanks to Obama.

He's not on record for 5 trillion.

waste of time posting up that graph asshole..........the same one you post up 100 times/month.

Reality is 99% perception.

This is a POLITICS forum.........the majority know the score with the deficit spending in 2012 and nobody cares a rats ass about Reagan or Bush except the nutters.

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

I love blowing your shit up s0n...............or any naive fuck for that matter!!!:fu:

"Obama's spending addiction"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/07/28/obamas_spending_addiction_110741.html

Last edited:
Bush is making him do it! :lol:

Yes, actually. Government spending have not risen all that much during Obama presidency. But the government revenues shrank with the economy, and we know who was in the office when the recession had started. So Obama had no choice but to borrow in order to compensate for the lost revenue.

1. Government spending has increased by 25% under Obama.

Government spending increased by 60% under Bush. It has been rising since forever, and no faster under Obama than before him.

The rise of the deficit was caused by the falling government revenues, not by increased spending.

He's not on record for 5 trillion.

August 22, 2011 6:34 PM

National debt has increased $4 trillion under Obama

The latest posting by the Treasury Department shows the national debt has now increased $4 trillion on President Obama's watch.

The debt was $10.626 trillion on the day Mr. Obama took office. The latest calculation from Treasury shows the debt has now hit $14.639 trillion.

It's the most rapid increase in the debt under any U.S. president.

The national debt increased $4.9 trillion during the eight-year presidency of George W. Bush. The debt now is rising at a pace to surpass that amount during Mr. Obama's four-year term.

National debt has increased $4 trillion under Obama - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

its an approved msm source too so, have at it.

and...
from another approved source..

Nov 16, 2011 1:02pm

U.S. Debt Tops $15 Trillion Mark Today

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2011/11/u-s-debt-will-top-15-trillion-mark-today/

Yes, actually. Government spending have not risen all that much during Obama presidency. But the government revenues shrank with the economy, and we know who was in the office when the recession had started. So Obama had no choice but to borrow in order to compensate for the lost revenue.

Government spending increased by 60% under Bush. It has been rising since forever, and no faster under Obama than before him.

The rise of the deficit was caused by the falling government revenues, not by increased spending.

It increased 25% as a percentage of GDP under Obama, dipstick.

No one every claimed Bush was a fiscal conservative. He was a big spending liberal. Obama tripled down on Bush's spending.

:lmao: Comical and very incorrect.

Forum List

Back