mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Sweeping Obama Program Urges Federal Workers to Inform on Each Other

Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013 11:47 AM

By Lisa Barron

President Barack Obama launched what is known as the Insider Threat Program in October 2011, after Army Pfc. Bradley Manning downloaded hundreds of thousands of documents from a classified computer network and sent them to WikiLeaks, according to McClatchy Newspapers, which reviewed government documents related to the initiative.

When White House spokesman Jan Carney was asked Monday about the program, detailed by McClatchy last week, he said, "I confess I didn't see the story, I'll have to take the question," reports Fox News.

According to McClatchy, the "unprecedented initiative" has not received much public attention "even though it extends beyond the U.S. national security bureaucracies to most federal departments and agencies nationwide, including the Peace Corps, the Social Security Administration and the Education and Agriculture departments."

"It emphasizes leaks of classified material, but catchall definitions of 'insider threat' give agencies latitude to pursue and penalize a range of other conduct," said the newspaper, adding that the documents "show how millions of federal employees and contractors must watch for 'high-risk persons or behaviors' among co-workers and could face penalties, including criminal charges, for failing to report them."

"Leaks to the media are equated with espionage," it continued, pointing to a June 1, 2012, Defense Department strategy for the program that read, “Hammer this fact home … leaking is tantamount to aiding the enemies of the United States."

McClatchy cites concerns by former and current officials that the program "could make it easier for the government to stifle the flow of unclassified and potentially vital information to the public, while creating toxic work environments poisoned by unfounded suspicions and spurious investigations of loyal Americans."

"Some non-intelligence agencies already are urging employees to watch their co-workers for ‘indicators’ that include stress, divorce and financial problems," McClatchy reported.

"It was just a matter of time before the Department of Agriculture or the FDA started implementing, 'Hey, let's get people to snitch on their friends.' The only thing they haven't done here is reward it," said Kel McClanahan, a Washington lawyer specializing in national security law.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Sweeping Obama Program Urges Federal Workers to Inform on Each Other
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

What else can you expect from the most open administration in history?

Federal Employees have always been instructed to report any suspicious behavior from outside contacts or fellow workers

By Lisa Barron

President Barack Obama launched what is known as the Insider Threat Program in October 2011, after Army Pfc. Bradley Manning downloaded hundreds of thousands of documents from a classified computer network and sent them to WikiLeaks, according to McClatchy Newspapers, which reviewed government documents related to the initiative.

When White House spokesman Jan Carney was asked Monday about the program, detailed by McClatchy last week, he said, "I confess I didn't see the story, I'll have to take the question," reports Fox News.

According to McClatchy, the "unprecedented initiative" has not received much public attention "even though it extends beyond the U.S. national security bureaucracies to most federal departments and agencies nationwide, including the Peace Corps, the Social Security Administration and the Education and Agriculture departments."

"It emphasizes leaks of classified material, but catchall definitions of 'insider threat' give agencies latitude to pursue and penalize a range of other conduct," said the newspaper, adding that the documents "show how millions of federal employees and contractors must watch for 'high-risk persons or behaviors' among co-workers and could face penalties, including criminal charges, for failing to report them."

"Leaks to the media are equated with espionage," it continued, pointing to a June 1, 2012, Defense Department strategy for the program that read, “Hammer this fact home … leaking is tantamount to aiding the enemies of the United States."

McClatchy cites concerns by former and current officials that the program "could make it easier for the government to stifle the flow of unclassified and potentially vital information to the public, while creating toxic work environments poisoned by unfounded suspicions and spurious investigations of loyal Americans."

"Some non-intelligence agencies already are urging employees to watch their co-workers for ‘indicators’ that include stress, divorce and financial problems," McClatchy reported.

"It was just a matter of time before the Department of Agriculture or the FDA started implementing, 'Hey, let's get people to snitch on their friends.' The only thing they haven't done here is reward it," said Kel McClanahan, a Washington lawyer specializing in national security law.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Sweeping Obama Program Urges Federal Workers to Inform on Each Other

In the USAF we called it the Human Reliability Program...but it applied to people with access to nukes. Not a bad idea for people who have access to the really top secret stuff. Obabble doesn't invent any of these programs...he is not that capable.

The United States is the federal government. The rest of you peasants are the enemy. They made that clear when snowden told us the NSA was spying on us.

Sooner or later people are going to have to realize that national security, The United States and other talking points doesn't refer to them or their interests. it refers to the STate and its interest.

By Lisa Barron

In the USAF we called it the Human Reliability Program...but it applied to people with access to nukes. Not a bad idea for people who have access to the really top secret stuff. Obabble doesn't invent any of these programs...he is not that capable.

It was common for the FBI to send out agents to investigate people when their clearances needed to be updated and they asked questions about my co-workers similar to those in the OP. However I don't remember them threatening us with disciplinary action if we didn't bird-dog the other guy.

That's why Europe refers to him as president stasi 2.0.

The difference is, what's suspicious behavior? Not only on the job, but it requires employees to ferret out details on the personal lives of their co-workers. Did you have a fight with your wife? That's suspicious behavior. Did your kid apply to Harvard? Suspicious. Do you have a twitter and face book account? What does it say? Supposed you don't. That's suspicious all by itself. What are you hiding if you're afraid to put it on line. What movies do you see? Your choice of entertainment might be suspicious. Those who choose not to spy on their co-workers are subject to criminal prosecution themselves. What can a person say if someone else pulls a Bradly Manning or Edward Snowden? I didn't notice isn't a good excuse. It's your job to notice, to go to their homes, question them and make a report.

This might have worked with Bradley Manning whose activities were caused by having a fight with his boyfriend, but it would never have worked with Edward Snowden. He was a perfectly well behaved young man with a girlfriend, no financial problems, and no suspicious behavior.

Even obama's own experts say this is going to be useless.

Last edited:
I was young when I saw this type of hidden terrorism in communist Hungary.

It started in the workplace. Report if your colleague says something detrimental about communism, your leader, or the Soviet Union. Report anyone who cracks a joke. And remember, that you are watched, and if you don't report, someone else will report YOU!

Then it spread to schools.

And families. Children reporting on parents, siblings on siblings, parents on children.

After we have seen Obama cozying up to Medvedev and Putin, it is no surprise that he wants the same thing in America, following their advise.

Someone working in the Stasi environment would be less likely to befriend a co-worker. The mandate for each employee to investigate the personal lives of every other employee would keep the workers out of one another's personal lives. Which of course gives rise to suspicious behavior all by itself! The effect of the rule, as sweeping as it is, would create a secretive and suspicious environment. Because a person's job, not to mention staying out of jail themselves, depends on how well they report on the activities of co-workers, each person will be more concerned with finding out as much as they can about others while keeping as much as they can about themselves away from everyone else.

But even the government’s top scientific advisers have questioned these techniques. Those experts say that trying to predict future acts through behavioral monitoring is unproven and could result in illegal ethnic and racial profiling and privacy violations.

“There is no consensus in the relevant scientific community nor on the committee regarding whether any behavioral surveillance or physiological monitoring techniques are ready for use at all,” concluded a 2008 National Research Council report on detecting terrorists.

Read more here: Experts: Obama’s plan to predict future leakers unproven, unlikely to work | McClatchy

What's wrong with that, specifically?

Could you imagine working in such an environment?

I worked in that environment for over 30 years. Anyone who works with classified material either government or private is expected to report suspicious behavior of fellow employees

That's a given.

But we're not talking about people working with Classified material here. At least, I'm not, and I don't believe the Stuttering Clusterfukk admin is either.

They want to hammer "Whistle Blowers"

Here's something for all of you to consider...

the Stuttering Clusterfukk Of A Miserable Failure has prosecuted MORE Whistle Blowers than all the Presidential Adminstrations in history COMBINED.

Even this source agrees, and they're just slightly less liberal than the Castro Daily News

Obama?s unprecedented war on whistleblowers - Salon.com

Forum List

Back