Obama Ordered Federal Workers To Spy On Each Other

What's wrong with that, specifically?

Could you imagine working in such an environment?

I worked in that environment for over 30 years. Anyone who works with classified material either government or private is expected to report suspicious behavior of fellow employees

So they threatened you as well? Reporting someone doing something nefarious is one thing.
Threatening people who dont comply adds a whole new dimension.
This shit is ripe for abuse.

I was young when I saw this type of hidden terrorism in communist Hungary.

It started in the workplace. Report if your colleague says something detrimental about communism, your leader, or the Soviet Union. Report anyone who cracks a joke. And remember, that you are watched, and if you don't report, someone else will report YOU!

Then it spread to schools.

And families. Children reporting on parents, siblings on siblings, parents on children.

After we have seen Obama cozying up to Medvedev and Putin, it is no surprise that he wants the same thing in America, following their advise.

Medvedev and Putin no longer follow Stasi models. Only obama follows Stasi models today. obama will have us peeking in one another's windows before he's done.

What's wrong with that, specifically?

I was an S-2 clerk in the Army. What I can't imagine is coming up with some sort of logical argument against my co-workers in that situation being vigilant as to the prospect of me breaching security in any way,

or to them immediately reporting to the proper authorities anything they deemed suspicious or potentially detrimental.

But hey,

don't fret, I'm sure some of you are capable of regaining your common sense once President Obama leaves office...

...unless of course another Democrat is elected.

I worked in that environment for over 30 years. Anyone who works with classified material either government or private is expected to report suspicious behavior of fellow employees

So they threatened you as well? Reporting someone doing something nefarious is one thing.

I worked in a very similar environment. The wife of the business owner used the employees and their gossip for her personal entertainment. Everything was reported to the wife. If someone made too many trips to the bathroom it was reported. If they didn't go at all they were reported. The employees who made the most reports were rewarded. Those who made few or no reports became targets themselves. I was going through a rough patch at that time with my step father having had a serious stroke so I couldn't pay attention to others at the level required. I was followed, my home was surveiled and one woman looking for something really juicy to report followed me to the hospital, came back later and tried to question my Dad's nurse.

Such an atmosphere becomes toxic and untenantable.

The usual bedwetting Zombies show up to slurp Obama's spittle. I bet you there are some who were taped signing away their Bill Of Rights, right on this forum. Most of you ass munchers would love to turn in fellow Americans and cause them harm in order to shut down freedom of speech when it goes against what you believe. We see it time and time again whether on same sex marriage, gun control, privacy issues.. doesn't matter... you're all the same. Demand your way or no way at all and punish Americans who differ from you. Zombies United = Progressives

There is no doubt that there were some Germans who thought the Stasi was a good idea too.

I worked in a very similar environment. The wife of the business owner used the employees and their gossip for her personal entertainment. Everything was reported to the wife. If someone made too many trips to the bathroom it was reported. If they didn't go at all they were reported. The employees who made the most reports were rewarded. Those who made few or no reports became targets themselves. I was going through a rough patch at that time with my step father having had a serious stroke so I couldn't pay attention to others at the level required. I was followed, my home was surveiled and one woman looking for something really juicy to report followed me to the hospital, came back later and tried to question my Dad's nurse.

Such an atmosphere becomes toxic and untenantable.

Shades of Cointelpro and MKUltra.

I'm kinda liking this idea. It will make working for the government so miserable that people may actually quit.

And it's so Back In The USSR Retro...yet another sign of the reductio ad absurdum collapse of government that is Too Big To Succeed.

I live in south Florida and there are plenty of Cubans here that left Cuba because of Castro.
Many of these Cubans see the changes under the Obama administration very reminiscent of the Castro regime. Especially the worker spying on the other worker, neighbor spying on neighbor, family spying on family. They should know, they have lived through it before.

There were no threats involved........just Patriotism

I live in south Florida and there are plenty of Cubans here that left Cuba because of Castro.
Many of these Cubans see the changes under the Obama administration very reminiscent of the Castro regime. Especially the worker spying on the other worker, neighbor spying on neighbor, family spying on family. They should know, they have lived through it before.

The snitch culture is alive and well in America. And it's being nurtured by the gov.

Forum List

Back