Obama Orders Climate Change Be Considered in Military Planning

Nothing there about tree rings telling you how hot it is.

Which year was the hottest for this tree?
View attachment 90663
By studying tree rings and other clues in our environment, scientists have learned that there have been times when most of the planet was covered in ice, and there have also been much warmer periods. In general, climate changes prior to the start of the Industrial Revolution in the 1700s can be explained by natural causes, such as changes in solar energy and volcanic eruptions. Recent climate changes, however, cannot be explained by natural causes alone. Instead, human activities are very likely responsible. Tree rings alone cannot tell us whether human activities are responsible, but they do help by revealing patterns that scientists can investigate further.

https://www3.epa.gov/climatechange/kids/documents/tree-rings.pdf

You win a gold star, you learned today the climate has always changed, now can you figure out the resolutions on those proxys? Can you figure out you can't use them with modern temperature readings to get anything significant in a trend.

By the way man just got his tree specimens from only Siberia .
The hell they did, dupe.

Has any piece of scientific research ever been so thoroughly discredited? Tom Wigley’s son’s high school project falsified the hockey stick. The latest Sheep mountain study shows the hockey stick disappears, unless you use Mike’s trick of splicing in the thermometer record, to hide the divergence problem. The Russian scientists who collected the original tree ring samples, tried to warn Mann he was measuring the wrong metric. Yet somehow this nonsensical analysis became a central icon of the climate alarmist movement – and is still widely reproduced by the more scientifically illiterate alarmists.
There are many similar findings, sorry, dupe.

Nothing there about tree rings telling you how hot it is.

Which year was the hottest for this tree?
View attachment 90663
By studying tree rings and other clues in our environment, scientists have learned that there have been times when most of the planet was covered in ice, and there have also been much warmer periods. In general, climate changes prior to the start of the Industrial Revolution in the 1700s can be explained by natural causes, such as changes in solar energy and volcanic eruptions. Recent climate changes, however, cannot be explained by natural causes alone. Instead, human activities are very likely responsible. Tree rings alone cannot tell us whether human activities are responsible, but they do help by revealing patterns that scientists can investigate further.

You win a gold star, you learned today the climate has always changed, now can you figure out the resolutions on those proxys? Can you figure out you can't use them with modern temperature readings to get anything significant in a trend.

The hell they did, dupe.

Has any piece of scientific research ever been so thoroughly discredited? Tom Wigley’s son’s high school project falsified the hockey stick. The latest Sheep mountain study shows the hockey stick disappears, unless you use Mike’s trick of splicing in the thermometer record, to hide the divergence problem. The Russian scientists who collected the original tree ring samples, tried to warn Mann he was measuring the wrong metric. Yet somehow this nonsensical analysis became a central icon of the climate alarmist movement – and is still widely reproduced by the more scientifically illiterate alarmists.
I'm still waiting to hear how high the ocean rose to submerge those islands. :eusa_think:

The hell they did, dupe.

I'm still waiting to hear how high the ocean rose to submerge those islands. :eusa_think:
Keep waiting- I'm not your mother. You know how to use google. Ay caramba...

The hell they did, dupe.

He's a settled scientist....science escapes him....:lol:

The hell they did, dupe.

You guys make the claim rising oceans are submerging islands and you can't tell us how high the ocean rose to do that?
Tsk tsk. It's almost as if you're liars.

The hell they did, dupe.

You guys make the claim rising oceans are submerging islands and you can't tell us how high the ocean rose to do that?
BS. Look at the picture. Tell me the name of the island and I'll find it. Or you could actually contribute something beside stupid insults and idiotic questions and talking points... I don't feel like searching the thread.

The hell they did, dupe.

They say in this century, it will rise to about 7 meters. And, hate to say it, but several islands have already been lost. Read it for yourself.

5 Islands Disappear Into Pacific Due to Climate Change

BS. Look at the picture. Tell me the name of the island and I'll find it. Or you could actually contribute something beside stupid insults and idiotic questions and talking points... I don't feel like searching the thread.
You're still dodging the question of how high the ocean rose to submerge those islands. 100 feet? 200 feet? Why isn't Los Angeles under water then?

They say in this century, it will rise to about 7 meters. And, hate to say it, but several islands have already been lost. Read it for yourself.

5 Islands Disappear Into Pacific Due to Climate Change
See my previous question.

Water is expected to be the thing people fight over rather than oil in the coming years. If republicans were not so strategically stupid they would know this already. As water sources dry up refugees and soldiers will go get some more from their neighbors who will not be inclined to share. The potential for warfare is not insignificant.

Just exactly where is this water drying up due to gullible warming?

Water is expected to be the thing people fight over rather than oil in the coming years. If republicans were not so strategically stupid they would know this already. As water sources dry up refugees and soldiers will go get some more from their neighbors who will not be inclined to share. The potential for warfare is not insignificant.

Ever heard of a place called California? Ever seen what the current water levels of lake Meade are?

I think this is a good idea in the case of the navy. We must keep updated information about sea level and the effects of geography on all coast that we may need to get close to.

Please name one location of possible war due to water.

One. Uno. Just one.
A four year drought in Syria and widespread crop failures just happened to precede the civil war. Isis has made control of water resources one of their chief objectives in Iraq and Syria. Even ISIS knows the strategic value of water even if you don't. It's much the same everywhere water is scarce, people may not even be directly fighting over water but crop failures have always been a potential spark for unrest. Since you are unaware of how strategically important water is I suggest you read something on the subject.

Yeah, lack of water has always been the reason that Shias hate Sunnis and Sunnis hate Shias.

Ever heard of a place called California? Ever seen what the current water levels of lake Meade are?

That has zero to do with global warming, but 100% due to overbuilding.

Tell the folks in Louisiana about the water shortage.

Actually, everyone up here in the Texas Panhandle would LOVE to help you take some of that rain off of your hands. We're a bit dry over here right now, and have been for a while. I've lived here for over 16 years, and have seen it get drier and drier year by year, while I see people in the Mississippi river valley places like that getting flooded out.

The weather patterns are changing. The jetstream has even been affected.

The weather patterns always change. Ever hear of the Dust Bowl?

And..............if you think about it.................the jet stream affects how weather all over the world works. Remember during the past few winters when it dropped all the way down to the middle of Texas with the Polar Vortex? What was thought to be something that would happen once has become a regular thing for the winter.

And...............if you don't take into account what the weather is doing, as well as what it will do later, you can end up in a really bad position on the battlefield.

Yeah, it has been happening forever, and somebody decided to attach a cool sounding name to it!

The worst blizzard in my neck of the woods occurred about 45 years and the rivers froze solid. We missed about 3 weeks of school and nothing like that has happened since, but it could happen this year for all we know.

Forum List

Back