Obama orders hospitals to grant same-sex couples visitation rights

Although, I am not opposed to hospitals allowing same sex couples visitation rights, this is just one more attempt of politicians to enforce compliance of political correctness.

Obama has no right to demand this... once again he is overstepping his bounds.

Immie

Bingo.... over-dramatic showboating... nothing more... but that's what Obama knows best

This thread really points out the hack trolls of this forum, cause only a heartless bastard would be against giving gay couples the right to be with their dying or sick loved one

No, asshole.. it is not about wanting the same treatment of gay couples.. it is about a politician ruffling his feathers over something that is not what he is supposed to be doing... it is grandstanding, showboating, and nothing more

Bingo.... over-dramatic showboating... nothing more... but that's what Obama knows best

This thread really points out the hack trolls of this forum, cause only a heartless bastard would be against giving gay couples the right to be with their dying or sick loved one

No, asshole.. it is not about wanting the same treatment of gay couples.. it is about a politician ruffling his feathers over something that is not what he is supposed to be doing... it is grandstanding, showboating, and nothing more

It most certainly is....but, you see, if you argue from that angle, you look cruel and heartless....so, you deflect.

No, it's about government power out of control, the opposition is against the president overstepping his authority, it has nothing to do with hospital visitation.

He didn't overstep his authority so you basically have two choices.....stop pretending you are informed on DHHS Policy Protocol or get informed and argue your position from an educated perch instead of an anchor of assumptions.

Too bad presidents from the past didn't realize they had this power, they could have just granted the right to vote to women, why pass a silly amendment? Why have a congress? Why have state governments? I didn't see the DHHS do a damn thing, only Obama.

I tried to be nice but it was wasted so pay attention you dumfuk.

"This was the only department of the U.S. government to be created through presidential reorganization authority, in which the president was allowed to create or reorganize bureaucracies as long as neither house of Congress passed a legislative veto. This power to create new departments was removed after 1962, and in the early 1980s the Supreme Court declared legislative vetoes unconstitutional."
Http://www.answers.com/topic/united-states-department-of-health-and-human-services

Just as the Prez has the authority to hire and fire US Attorneys the Prez can institute Policies in HHS. You may not like it, and I think it should be restructured, but you can't claim he abused his power when it was legal.

He didn't overstep his authority so you basically have two choices.....stop pretending you are informed on DHHS Policy Protocol or get informed and argue your position from an educated perch instead of an anchor of assumptions.

Too bad presidents from the past didn't realize they had this power, they could have just granted the right to vote to women, why pass a silly amendment? Why have a congress? Why have state governments? I didn't see the DHHS do a damn thing, only Obama.

"This was the only department of the U.S. government to be created through presidential reorganization authority, in which the president was allowed to create or reorganize bureaucracies as long as neither house of Congress passed a legislative veto. This power to create new departments was removed after 1962, and in the early 1980s the Supreme Court declared legislative vetoes unconstitutional."
Http://www.answers.com/topic/united-states-department-of-health-and-human-services

Just as the Prez has the authority to hire and fire US Attorneys the Prez can institute Policies in HHS. You may not like it, and I think it should be restructured, but you can't claim he abused his power when it was legal.

Irony is such a whore.

It's hard to tell who you hate more...obushama or gays.

Irony is such a whore.

Way to run away you little bitch.

Face it...the Righties posting here are very very upset that Gay Americans are allowed to see their loved ones in the hospital. They do not want Obama or anyone to right THAT wrong.

It's none of the President of the US's business, nor is it the Federal government's business to dictate who can and cannot have visitation rights.

Yet another example of Obama usurping the rights of the states and/or private sector.

When is kristalnacht Part Deux? :eusa_eh:

Gee. That sounds oreilly-quality neat-o until you get to that whole Oath of Office defend the Constitution bit. He didn't mandate it for all hospitals or is this the usual soundbite quality filled position where you know very few facts but pontificate anyways?

Face it...the Righties posting here are very very upset that Gay Americans are allowed to see their loved ones in the hospital. They do not want Obama or anyone to right THAT wrong.

Yup, and they try to pretend they aren't close minded bigots by making up completely stupid reasons why they don't agree. I'd probably have more respect for them if they just came out and said they don't like homosexuals and stop trying to bullshit and dance around their ignorance with intellectually dishonest arguments

Last edited:

Yup, and they try to pretend they aren't close minded bigots by making up completely stupid reasons why they don't agree. I'd probably have more respect for them if they just came out and said they don't like homosexuals and stop trying to bullshit and dance around their ignorance with intellectual dishonest arguments

You realize this is a total deal breaker for Obama....SOOOOOO many people will not vote for him in 2014 because he lets us visit our loved ones in the hospital.... :doubt:

Yup, and they try to pretend they aren't close minded bigots by making up completely stupid reasons why they don't agree. I'd probably have more respect for them if they just came out and said they don't like homosexuals and stop trying to bullshit and dance around their ignorance with intellectual dishonest arguments

You realize this is a total deal breaker for Obama....SOOOOOO many people will not vote for him in 2014 because he lets us visit our loved ones in the hospital.... :doubt:

No one will vote for him in 2014.

If you click your heels three times while saying that, it will come true :lol:

If you click your heels three times while saying that, it will come true :lol:

actually I was wrong. Someone somewhere will be stupid enough to write him in during the mid-term elections.

Bookmarked! :lol::lol:

Yup, and they try to pretend they aren't close minded bigots by making up completely stupid reasons why they don't agree. I'd probably have more respect for them if they just came out and said they don't like homosexuals and stop trying to bullshit and dance around their ignorance with intellectually dishonest arguments

Oh yes......

"Its not that we oppose gays having visitation rights.....its the principle of the matter"

Although, I am not opposed to hospitals allowing same sex couples visitation rights, this is just one more attempt of politicians to enforce compliance of political correctness.

Immie

everyone person has a right to bee seen. and it shouldn't matter if they gay striaght or if there green or orange. so i don't see what the fuck you disagree this is wrong end of story.

obama has the right to do this end of story you moron

Immie

Uh..

Obama extends health care rights to gay partners - Yahoo! News

The designated visitors should have the same rights that immediate family members now enjoy, Obama's instructions said. It said Medicare-Medicaid hospitals, which include most of the nation's facilities, may not deny visitation and consultation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.

So it's damn well within his rights.

Check please.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back