Obama owes Bush a big apology

Laugh it up.

Obama called what Bush did horrible, and then he did it himself.

I am laughing it up.

Because you folks have no trouble with the policy.

Only the person using it.

That's going to marginalize you guys even further.

I have a problem with truth-challenged people telling me everything is okay.

I have a problem with sycophants like you who foisted this man upon us and then only grudgingly acknowledge that he wasn't what he represented himself as being, but that's okay because he's *swoon* Obama.

I have a problem with the complicit media who should have reported on his dishonesty in 2008 when it mattered most, and on his continuing dishonesty for the next four years when it still mattered, and who though they have started reporting on it now have not given me reason to believe they will continue to hold him accountable.

I can't say how much if any problem I have with the policy because I don't know enough to make that decision.

But I do know what kind of hypocrites Obama and his followers are and what kind of damage that kind of sheepleness can do.

Last edited:
From calling Bush unpatriotic in reference to the debt, to acting like Bush's surveillance was heinous and as president he, Obama, would never do such a thing as collect the phone records of millions .... Obama owes a Bush a big apology.

A liberal apologizing to a (quasi) conservative?

This thread belongs in the Humor section. If we have a humor section. (If not, we definitely need one.)

Among other things since becoming president, Barack Obama has:

1. Charged seven government officials with espionage -- all other presidents combined have charged three.
  2. Supported the PRISM massive NSA spying program.
  3. 20,000 Airstrikes in the President's First Term Cause Death and Destruction From Iraq to Somalia.
  4. Signed the NDAA into law - making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.
  5. Initiated, and personally oversees a 'Secret Kill List'.
  6. Waged war on Libya without congressional approval.
  7. Started a covert, drone war in Yemen.
  8. Escalated the proxy war in Somalia.
  9. Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan.
  10. Maintained a presence in Iraq even after "ending" the war.
  11. Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan.
  12. Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia.
  13. Secretly deployed US special forces to 75 countries.
  14. Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia.
  15. Opened a military base in Chile.
  16. Touted nuclear power, even after the disaster in Japan.
  17. Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster.
  18. Did a TV commercial promoting "clean coal".
  19. Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports.
  20. Signed the Patriot Act extension into law.
  21. Deported a modern-record 1.5 million immigrants.
  22. Continued Bush's rendition program.
  23. Signed the Monsanto Protection Act into law.

St. Pete for Peace

I thought righties were for most of these things? You guys should be dancing in the streets. It's like a continuation of the Bush Presidency, except without the hooting and hollering and malapropisms.

1. Charged seven government officials with espionage -- all other presidents combined have charged three.
  3. 20,000 Airstrikes in the President's First Term Cause Death and Destruction From Iraq to Somalia.
  4. Signed the NDAA into law - making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.

St. Pete for Peace

I thought righties were for most of these things? You guys should be dancing in the streets. It's like a continuation of the Bush Presidency, except without the hooting and hollering and malapropisms.

Obama has indeed done some things which I would appreciate if a Republican had done them. Two problems with Obama are that

(a) he's insulting us while he does them -- would you feel grateful for someone who hands you food and slaps you in the face when you reach for it?

and

(b) he's schizophrenic about it -- he could pull it out from under us without warning when he decides he needs to throw a bone to one of the progressives he's betrayed through his abject dishonesty, when he needs to regain their favor,

and a continuation of (b):

his schizophrenic policies are sometimes done half-heartedly in a lukewarm way which is worse than doing nothing at all (case in point: Syria)

St. Pete for Peace

Obama has indeed done some things which I would appreciate if a Republican had done them. Two problems with Obama are that

(a) he's insulting us while he does them -- would you feel grateful for someone who hands you food and slaps you in the face when you reach for it?

and

(b) he's schizophrenic about it -- he could pull it out from under us without warning when he decides he needs to throw a bone to one of the progressives he's betrayed through his abject dishonesty, when he needs to regain their favor,

his schizophrenic policies are sometimes done half-heartedly in a lukewarm way which is worse than doing nothing at all (case in point: Syria)

So, you are OK with what Obama is doing, you just wish he would say nice things about Republicans and do these things whole-heartedly?

Laugh it up.

Obama called what Bush did horrible, and then he did it himself.

I am laughing it up.

I have a problem with sycophants like you who foisted this man upon us and then only grudgingly acknowledge that he wasn't what he represented himself as being, but that's okay because he's *swoon* Obama.

I have a problem with the complicit media who should have reported on his dishonesty in 2008 when it mattered most, and on his continuing dishonesty for the next four years when it still mattered, and who though they have started reporting on it now have not given me reason to believe they will continue to hold him accountable.

I can't say how much if any problem I have with the policy because I don't know enough to make that decision.

But I do know what kind of hypocrites Obama and his followers are and what kind of damage that kind of sheepleness can do.

WASHINGTON, Dec. 15 - Months after the Sept. 11 attacks, President Bush secretly authorized the National Security Agency to eavesdrop on Americans and others inside the United States to search for evidence of terrorist activity without the court-approved warrants ordinarily required for domestic spying, according to government officials.

Under a presidential order signed in 2002, the intelligence agency has monitored the international telephone calls and international e-mail messages of hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people inside the United States without warrants over the past three years in an effort to track possible "dirty numbers" linked to Al Qaeda, the officials said. The agency, they said, still seeks warrants to monitor entirely domestic communications.

The previously undisclosed decision to permit some eavesdropping inside the country without court approval was a major shift in American intelligence-gathering practices, particularly for the National Security Agency, whose mission is to spy on communications abroad. As a result, some officials familiar with the continuing operation have questioned whether the surveillance has stretched, if not crossed, constitutional limits on legal searches.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/16/politics/16program.html?scp=1&sq=bush+warrant+wiretap&st=nyt&_r=0

And of course in 2008 when then Senator Obama voted for retroactive immunity for the Telecoms it was big news during the Campaign. So how can you say it wasn't reported on?

and

So, you are OK with what Obama is doing, you just wish he would say nice things about Republicans and do these things whole-heartedly?

Well, in a way. I said I could appreciate _some_ of what he is doing. It would certainly be a good start if we had a respectful, principled president. That would definitely be a good beginning. Grounds for building something positive. Then I might even be able to appreciate more of what he is doing, even things I wouldn't have chosen to do.

It's moot though. Since Obama can't or won't be that president.

I am laughing it up.

WASHINGTON, Dec. 15 - Months after the Sept. 11 attacks, President Bush secretly authorized the National Security Agency to eavesdrop on Americans and others inside the United States to search for evidence of terrorist activity without the court-approved warrants ordinarily required for domestic spying, according to government officials.

Under a presidential order signed in 2002, the intelligence agency has monitored the international telephone calls and international e-mail messages of hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people inside the United States without warrants over the past three years in an effort to track possible "dirty numbers" linked to Al Qaeda, the officials said. The agency, they said, still seeks warrants to monitor entirely domestic communications.

The previously undisclosed decision to permit some eavesdropping inside the country without court approval was a major shift in American intelligence-gathering practices, particularly for the National Security Agency, whose mission is to spy on communications abroad. As a result, some officials familiar with the continuing operation have questioned whether the surveillance has stretched, if not crossed, constitutional limits on legal searches.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/16/politics/16program.html?scp=1&sq=bush+warrant+wiretap&st=nyt&_r=0

And of course in 2008 when then Senator Obama voted for retroactive immunity for the Telecoms it was big news during the Campaign. So how can you say it wasn't reported on?

You cite one 2005 story about Bush and ask me how I can say Obama's malfeasance from 2008 to 2012 wasn't reported on?

People knew more about the cost of Sarah Palin's wardrobe in 2008 than they knew about Obama. Obama is a profoundly dishonest man, and America should have known about that. If the media had been actively questioning him in the next four years, instead of agreeing to his cushy softball one-on-one gushing interviews and calling that fulfillment of their duty, then things which should have been known by the American public before 2012 would have been known ... and maybe not so many of those abuses would even have happened because government workers would have known they were being watched and could be held accountable.

You cite one 2005 story about Bush and ask me how I can say Obama's malfeasance from 2008 to 2012 wasn't reported on?

People knew more about the cost of Sarah Palin's wardrobe in 2008 than they knew about Obama. Obama is a profoundly dishonest man, and America should have known about that. If the media had been actively questioning him in the next four years, instead of agreeing to his cushy softball one-on-one gushing interviews and calling that fulfillment of their duty, then things which should have been known by the American public before 2012 would have been known ... and maybe not so many of those abuses would even have happened because government workers would have known they were being watched and could be held accountable.

How can you say that the mans alleged malfeasance wasn't reported on in 2008? My god, did you ever turn on Fox News back then or turn on any AM talk radio program in the country?

The president is no more dishonest than any other modern politician. America knows that. Sorry you didn't know the government was collecting data from phone companies. Perhaps some terrorist didn't know that too, but now they do.

From calling Bush unpatriotic in reference to the debt, to acting like Bush's surveillance was heinous and as president he, Obama, would never do such a thing as collect the phone records of millions .... Obama owes a Bush a big apology.

Does Bush owe over 100K people of Iraq an apology? You know, for slaughtering them over nothing?

"Slaughtering" is, of course, an inaccurate and inappropriate term you chose to use to elicit an emotional response.

"Over nothing" is, of course, merely your subjective, prejudiced, and frankly ridiculous opinion.

How about the people of New York and Washington? You know, for letting a bunch of idiots successfully pull off a hare brained scheme to massacre over 3000 of them?

Your hindsight is 20/20 but your judgement is blind. Turn around.

Or how about the people of Louisiana? For letting them languish in flood waters and killing over 1500 of them?

No one has yet been able to locate President Bush's weather control machine, so you are starting off from a baseless premise. The consequences of the aftermath of Katrina fall largely on the heads of state and local authorities. This is well-known to all, but not accepted by ridiculously partisan hacks like you.

Or how about the people of America? When he let wall street run amok and fleece the nation of trillions?

The American economy was strong and growing robustly for most of President Bush's two terms. If you want to assign blame for the GEC you'll need to take a look at your democratic friends in Congress as much as anyone else.

How about the people of New York and Washington? You know, for letting a bunch of idiots successfully pull off a hare brained scheme to massacre over 3000 of them?

Had President Clinton developed a "spine" to fight back against terrorist attacks against the United States, Al Qaeda might not have been so organized to pull off such a plan. How many planned terrorist attacks, related to Al Qaeda, succeeded between both administrations? Do we need to do a comparison count to refresh your memory?

I agree except that Bush was much crappier. I just writhed in anger when it came to politics for at least 6 years of his presidency.

Bush was an awful president, but Obama is far worse. I'm not sure how you can see Bush as worse. Bush never called out Supreme Court justices as a form if intimidation, nor did Bush hate on a police department so much, he had to have a beer summit to make up for it. When it was Bush and a Republican house and senate, in those 6 years, they ran up $3.4 trillion in debt which was inexcusable. Under Obama and a Democrat house and senate, in just one year they added $3 trillion in debt. Under Bush we never had a year where over the word trillion was used in additional debt, under Obama we have yet to have a year where we do not add another trillion in debt. Bush didn't say, if they bring a knife to a fight, we bring a gun. Obama has caused racial division to its worse and his class warfare is disgusting. Obama is the great divider.

I am not excusing Bush, I am just using the examples, and there are far more than what I just used, as to why Obama is far worse than Bush, and Bush was awful.

Funny..I thought Bush was an awful president because in spite of the billions spent on defense, some whacked out Saudi nationals managed to hijack not one, not two, not three but four commercial airliners, fly them around for a couple of hours and slam them into the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

Yeah he personally made the aircraft available to these low life's, you know, the low life image you see reflecting back at you when you look in the mirror...
I thought Bush was an awful President because instead of going after the stateless criminals that committed that act, he decided to rain death and misery on tens of thousands of people that had nothing to do with the attack on America and get 4 thousand Americans killed while doing it.

Yeah if it was up to you, you know that little pussy you see in the mirror, Hitler would have ruled the world for decades, but you make it so obvious that your nuts sucked up your scrotum when the decision had to be made...

I thought Bush was an awful President because he allowed over a thousand people to die in New Orleans.

Yeah another perfect example of how blind you are, you can't tell the difference between Bush (white guy) and Nagen (black guy) or Blanco (Female Cajun), if you want to stoop this low, try blaming the real parties responsible, just a thought...

And I thought Bush was an awful President because he presided over the worst economic calamity ever to befall this nation.

Yet another MSNBC talking point, do you know how to read? Has your brain ever had an original thought?

Telling you think Obama was an awful President because he decided to have a beer to squash a tense situation. I don't remember anyone dying over it.

You somehow determine that his attempt to defend his friend only because he was black mind you, that no one died, yet his admin's continued assault on Afghanistan / Pakistan is just a fantasy, wow, swallow, you suck his dick hard, does he pay you for this or do you volunteer to be this stupid???

Based on the facts, you volunteered...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back