Obama: People who earn more are merely "Society's lottery winners"

Not all, some of them work harder, pay attention in class and have good ideas. ;) Probably around 60% fall into this class of people...The other 40% got lucky to have a rich dad, uncle, etc.
Do you have any proof for that statement, you ignorant douche bag?

I just said that a lot of people earn it through hard work and you attack me as a ignorant douche bag. LOL...Loserterians, unthinking people!
OK so no you have no evidence at all. Because in fact about 85% or more of wealthy people have earned their money. Go check The Millionaire Next Door for sources. You wont. Because you're a class A ignorant douchebag.

He was referring to the hedge fund loophole. That's it. You know an Acorn thread will have some sort of lie in the OP.

Nothing new here.
Yep.

"The top rate for wage earners is 43.4 percent. Many investment managers pay taxes at a 23.8 percent top rate, because their gains are counted differently in the tax code."

Obama Attacks Carried Interest Again to Shrugs in Congress - Bloomberg Politics

But the nutters on this thread think it is A OK to charge different people different tax rates.

He was referring to the hedge fund loophole. That's it. You know an Acorn thread will have some sort of lie in the OP.

Nothing new here.
Yep.

"The top rate for wage earners is 43.4 percent. Many investment managers pay taxes at a 23.8 percent top rate, because their gains are counted differently in the tax code."

But the nutters on this thread think it is A OK to charge different people different tax rates.

I guess the RWnuts here are happy to make up the difference in their own taxes.

I am happy he is saying this. It is what libs believe. No one got rich on his own. This guy is rich because he happened to be in the right place at the right time. But if it wasnt him some other guy would have gotten rich instead.
It betrays absolutely zero understanding of how the economy, business, and the world works.
Remind me who thought this ignorant asshole was qualifed t be president?

Hahaha, hahaha. Zero appreciation for the hard work men and woman have sacrificed in order to succeed. Hahaha. Hahaha. Even less appreciation for the hard work that many men and women sacrificed in ultimately ended up not succeeding (like the burned down businesses in Ferguson and Baltimore). Hahaha

This is the first time in USMB history I shall ever used the n-word seriously: Obama's a fuckin ******.

Nothing new here.
Yep.

I guess the RWnuts here are happy to make up the difference in their own taxes.
Possibly, but in reality they will pretend that they weren't provided with this information and continue to claim Obama was talking about something else.

Keep an eye on Mac1958. He'll trot this out every chance he gets and never admit that he is taking it out of context, much like the you didn't build that nonsense. All the while pretending he is non-partisan.

:lmao:

Nothing new here.
The hedge fund loophole (and there's no such thing) is "society's lottery winners"? Really, dum-dum?
At the very least he was referring to hedge fund managerts, who btw work very very hard. But more likely he was referring to everyone with wealth. And that is consistent with his view.

11238972_918241624884006_5100629551206850472_n.jpg

Keep an eye on Mac1958. He'll trot this out every chance he gets and never admit that he is taking it out of context, much like the you didn't build that nonsense. All the while pretending he is non-partisan.
I'd like to add two new marginal tax tiers, 44.9% and 49.9%. Across the board. Oops!

Did you think you "had" me there? Wanna try again?

My politics are clearly too complicated for run-of-the-mill hardcore partisan ideologues like you. I'm used to it, I know how you people are.

And your fixation on me is getting a little creepy.

Last edited:
I'd like to add two new marginal tax tiers, 44.9% and 49.9%. Across the board. Oops!

My politics are clearly too complicated for run-of-the-mill hardcore partisan ideologues like you. I'm used to it, I know how you people are.

Why do you think punishing success is a good strategy?

Any income tax rate could be called "punishing success".

The key is finding an equilibrium, and I believe (as do many of my peers in the financial profession) that two new, marginally higher tax tiers on the top earners would not retard growth to a significant degree. It would almost certainly, in fact, incentivize more tax-advantaged investment.

These increases, of course, are separate from an expectation that spending does not increase as a percentage of GDP, and that real attempts at increasing efficiencies must continue. As always.

Any income tax rate could be called "punishing success".

The key is finding an equilibrium, and I believe (as do many of my peers in the financial profession) that two new, marginally higher tax tiers on the top earners would not retard growth to a significant degree. It would almost certainly, in fact, incentivize more tax-advantaged investment.

These increases, of course, are separate from an expectation that spending does not increase as a percentage of GDP, and that real attempts at increasing efficiencies must continue. As always.

NO, a flat tax does not punish success because you pay the same rate regardless of income level.
Anyone approaches those tiers would find ways to throttle back on their earnings or shield them in some way. Yes, it would incentivize tax advantaged investment. Great if you're selling munis but a loser for the economy.
Your last points are enigmatic to me.

Forum List

Back