Obama Planning On Pardoning Thousands Of Criminals

I don't know the details of it all but the way Napalitano explained it I have to go along with it. There were some ridiculous sentences handed out that get much lighter sentences now. A guy could be in and out while someone doing the same thing 15 years ago is still in.

I don't know the details of it all but the way Napalitano explained it I have to go along with it. There were some ridiculous sentences handed out that get much lighter sentences now. A guy could be in and out while someone doing the same thing 15 years ago is still in.

A 2008 New York Times article[38] points out:

Still, it is the length of sentences that truly distinguishes American prison policy. Indeed, the mere number of sentences imposed here would not place the United States at the top of the incarceration lists. If lists were compiled based on annual admissions to prison per capita, several European countries would outpace the United States. But American prison stays are much longer, so the total incarceration rate is higher. … "Rises and falls in Canada's crime rate have closely paralleled America's for 40 years," Mr. Tonry wrote last year. "But its imprisonment rate has remained stable."

We don't have the money for education or healthcare.........but we always find the money for more prisons

Still, it is the length of sentences that truly distinguishes American prison policy. Indeed, the mere number of sentences imposed here would not place the United States at the top of the incarceration lists. If lists were compiled based on annual admissions to prison per capita, several European countries would outpace the United States. But American prison stays are much longer, so the total incarceration rate is higher. … "Rises and falls in Canada's crime rate have closely paralleled America's for 40 years," Mr. Tonry wrote last year. "But its imprisonment rate has remained stable."

just think how much money we could save if we brought back the whipping post and the stocks. No need for any prisons at all

first offense------10 lashes and 24 hours in the stocks

second offense-----100 lashes and a week in the stocks

third offense------bullet in the brain.

no prisons, very low crime rate, billions saved. Ready RW?

just think how much money we could save if we brought back the whipping post and the stocks. No need for any prisons at all

Or even better

We can put an end to those stupid "Three Strikes" rules
Three strikes at a minor offense is still a minor offense

It is us taxpayers who are paying to keep these guys in prison. There are much better ways to spend our tax dollars

Or even better

It is us taxpayers who are paying to keep these guys in prison. There are much better ways to spend our tax dollars

How many strikes do you propose we give to a repeat offender? 5? 10? 100?

Goodwin reported that a senior official within the administration told her that with the way Obama and Holder are trying to revamp the system that “hundreds, perhaps thousands” of non-violent drug offenders could be pardoned by the President.

:eusa_clap:

It's about freakin time!

Or even better

I don't care

5, 10 or a hundred strikes at a minor offense is still a minor offense

Then the RWNs will put them back in jail when they get the WH .. Oh yeah, they aren't going to get the WH ever again.

The pardons will instantly create thousands of future Democrat Party voters. ... :cool:

In an electorate of tens of millions, thousands means nothing. This was not politically motivated. We have overcrowding in our prisons and many non violent criminals arrested, charged and convicted of crimes that were nothing more than adolescent mistakes many of us have made....and yes, many of us, myself included, still acted and thought as an adolescent well into our mid 20's.

Good for them.

Then the RWNs will put them back in jail when they get the WH .. Oh yeah, they aren't going to get the WH ever again.

I guess you have little knowledge of the action of a pardon. The only way they will go back to jail is if they commit another crime and are convicted of such. The RW has no say in it whatsoever.

I guess you have little knowledge of the action of a pardon. The only way they will go back to jail is if they commit another crime and are convicted of such. The RW has no say in it whatsoever.

I guess you have no sense of humor ... :cuckoo:

Or even better

I don't care

what should the punishment for a "minor offense" be ? first time? 10th time ?

The pardons will instantly create thousands of future Democrat Party voters. ... :cool:

In an electorate of tens of millions, thousands means nothing. This was not politically motivated. We have overcrowding in our prisons and many non violent criminals arrested, charged and convicted of crimes that were nothing more than adolescent mistakes many of us have made....and yes, many of us, myself included, still acted and thought as an adolescent well into our mid 20's.

Good for them.

We have prisoners serving 20 years under tough three strikes rules for selling low quantities of marijuana ....who cares if they are pardoned?

Or even better

Each person and their actions are different. Yo9u can not simply look at the result. A man who shoplifts to feed his family is not the same as a man who breaks into a home while people are sleeping so he can get some drug money.

To say "3 strikes" with no consideration of the circumstances is laziness by the judicial system.

I guess you have no sense of humor ... :cuckoo:

Actually, I do. But when one says something that slanders the opposing party AS SHE ALWAYS DOES....it comes across as non humorous.

I don't care

what should the punishment for a "minor offense" be ? first time? 10th time ?

$20 dollars and a slap on the wrist like in most countries

It will cost us significantly less as a society than paying $30,000 a year to incarcerate them

Good for them.

We have prisoners serving 20 years under tough three strikes rules for selling low quantities of marijuana ....who cares if they are pardoned?

Not me. They likely didn't belong there to begin with. Heck, our President bought from an "illegal" dealer when he was younger.

Forum List

Back