Obama Planning On Pardoning Thousands Of Criminals

Or even better

We can put an end to those stupid "Three Strikes" rules
Three strikes at a minor offense is still a minor offense

It is us taxpayers who are paying to keep these guys in prison. There are much better ways to spend our tax dollars

How many strikes do you propose we give to a repeat offender? 5? 10? 100?

Each person and their actions are different. Yo9u can not simply look at the result. A man who shoplifts to feed his family is not the same as a man who breaks into a home while people are sleeping so he can get some drug money.

To say "3 strikes" with no consideration of the circumstances is laziness by the judicial system.

So a hungry thief should get a different sentence than a theif with a fully belly? The crime is the crime, the reason for the crime does not matter.

you must support hate crime legislation. So its worse if someone kills you because he doesn't like your skin color than if he kills you to steal your money? Right? either way you are dead and he has committed murder-------but you want the state to punish him for his thoughts rather than for his deeds---------Orwell would love you.

I don't care

5, 10 or a hundred strikes at a minor offense is still a minor offense

what should the punishment for a "minor offense" be ? first time? 10th time ?

Do you feel it is fair for losing your right to drive because you did ALL of the following things and it amounted to the amount of points for driver suspension:

1) Ran a red light (changed as you went through)
2) Rolled through a stop sign (who doesn't)
3) Caused gridlock when you thought you had room, but another car made a right and filled that spot after you were in the intersection....

We have more people in prison than any other nation on earth. Mostly because of archaic drug laws that do not work

As a taxpayer, I am tired of paying to keep nonviolent offenders in prison. Time to start asking....is that really where they belong?

that is because other nations execute their criminals, especially murderers, the U.S. with our constant never ending appeals process will allow for more criminals in prison and fewer taking the "dirt nap". :up:

I don't care

$20 dollars and a slap on the wrist like in most countries

It will cost us significantly less as a society than paying $30,000 a year to incarcerate them

Why not just eliminate all misdemeners as crimes? Have a felony-only system of criminal justice? Anything short of a felony is OK, minor theft-ok no problem, punch in the nose---no problem.

I am being facetious, because I do agree that our drug laws are stupid and we are wasting billions trying to enforce them.

If we don't want illegal drugs in this country, we need to spend the money on border enforcement, not incarceration

Each person and their actions are different. Yo9u can not simply look at the result. A man who shoplifts to feed his family is not the same as a man who breaks into a home while people are sleeping so he can get some drug money.

To say "3 strikes" with no consideration of the circumstances is laziness by the judicial system.

So a hungry thief should get a different sentence than a theif with a fully belly? The crime is the crime, the reason for the crime does not matter.

you must support hate crime legislation. So its worse if someone kills you because he doesn't like your skin color than if he kills you to steal your money? Right? either way you are dead and he has committed murder-------but you want the state to punish him for his thoughts rather than for his deeds---------Orwell would love you.

huh?

Curious...why did you feel the need to make your point by comparing the crimes WE are discussing to murder?

I compared shoplifting to feed a family to braking into ones home.

We are talking low level crimes...and many people have committed minor crimes like shoplifting....heck, I did it when I was younger....AND I WASNT DESPERATE TO FEED MY FAMILY.

I don't care

Do you feel it is fair for losing your right to drive because you did ALL of the following things and it amounted to the amount of points for driver suspension:

1) Ran a red light (changed as you went through)
2) Rolled through a stop sign (who doesn't)
3) Caused gridlock when you thought you had room, but another car made a right and filled that spot after you were in the intersection....

If that is the law in your state. If you don't like it tell your state reps and senators. Whether I think its fair means nothing.

I'm not mad at it.

I don't believe in our drug laws period. I don't care whatever seal coat they paint it with. It doesn't change my day.

Just like you don't believe in the immigration laws.

Progressives don't like laws, they like a strong handed leader who does stuff they like. It's why they detest the Constitution and democracy.

I'm not mad at it.

I don't believe in our drug laws period. I don't care whatever seal coat they paint it with. It doesn't change my day.

Progressives don't like laws, they like a strong handed leader who does stuff they like. It's why they detest the Constitution and democracy.

did you ask me about my views on immigration, or tell me my views on immigration?

I don't know the details of it all but the way Napalitano explained it I have to go along with it. There were some ridiculous sentences handed out that get much lighter sentences now. A guy could be in and out while someone doing the same thing 15 years ago is still in.

Think you can trust him to only let out those cases?

They said the same about all of the terrorists they let out of GITMO. They're harmless......

Obama is hunting for votes, and solidifying his base. Democrats need any help they can get, even if it means turning loose thousands of criminals.

What Obama is doing is not Constitutional. He's not pardoning individuals, he's pardoning a whole class of people. It's racist, plain and simple!

I'm not mad at it.

Be careful people.

This is what's called an "Outrage Trap" set by dimocraps.

There is some reasonable thought that needs to be given to why the Liar In Chief is doing this.

1) It's political. The Liar in Chief wants votes.

2) It's political, he wants votes.

3) A lot of these people were sentenced under old guidelines that were tilted heavily toward much heavier treatment of Crack dealers than of Cocaine dealers.

The rules have since been changed, the sentencing guidelines are different and a lot of these people wouldn't still be in Jail had they been sentenced under today's guidelines.

The Liar in Chief will tell us, correctly, that the situation should be remedied. I agree.

You need to be careful of these Outrage Traps. You really do.

They make us look intolerant and uncaring. Which, sometimes, we are.

We shouldn't be that way. Ever. That is the province of dimocraps.

And anybody that thinks that the Liar in Chief gives two shits about criminals that were over-sentenced is an idiot. That people PERCEIVE that he does is what's important to dimocraps.

That people PERCEIVE that we don't is even more important to them.

Think people. Think. You fall for this shit way too often

Good first step but we need to change our for-profit prison system.

988421_743645795657288_2035710604_n.png

The pardons will instantly create thousands of future Democrat Party voters. ... :cool:

In an electorate of tens of millions, thousands means nothing. This was not politically motivated. We have overcrowding in our prisons and many non violent criminals arrested, charged and convicted of crimes that were nothing more than adolescent mistakes many of us have made....and yes, many of us, myself included, still acted and thought as an adolescent well into our mid 20's.

Good for them.

We have prisoners serving 20 years under tough three strikes rules for selling low quantities of marijuana ....who cares if they are pardoned?

1922202_740177326004135_577541458_n.jpg

I bet a lot of them will end up working at Election Polling Places in the 2014 midterms.

Hopenchange!

We have more people in prison than any other nation on earth. Mostly because of archaic drug laws that do not work

As a taxpayer, I am tired of paying to keep nonviolent offenders in prison. Time to start asking....is that really where they belong?

that is because other nations execute their criminals, especially murderers, the U.S. with our constant never ending appeals process will allow for more criminals in prison and fewer taking the "dirt nap". :up:

Actually, we are one of the few countries on earth who still execute their prisoners.

Doesn't seem to be helping our crime rate

The reason for a crime has always mattered

That is why we have different punishments for pre-meditated murder and manslaughter

A judge has always been allowed to consider motivation as a mitigating factor in his sentence

I'm not mad at it.

Be careful people.

This is what's called an "Outrage Trap" set by dimocraps.

There is some reasonable thought that needs to be given to why the Liar In Chief is doing this.

1) It's political. The Liar in Chief wants votes.

2) It's political, he wants votes.

3) A lot of these people were sentenced under old guidelines that were tilted heavily toward much heavier treatment of Crack dealers than of Cocaine dealers.

The rules have since been changed, the sentencing guidelines are different and a lot of these people wouldn't still be in Jail had they been sentenced under today's guidelines.

The Liar in Chief will tell us, correctly, that the situation should be remedied. I agree.

You need to be careful of these Outrage Traps. You really do.

They make us look intolerant and uncaring. Which, sometimes, we are.

We shouldn't be that way. Ever. That is the province of dimocraps.

And anybody that thinks that the Liar in Chief gives two shits about criminals that were over-sentenced is an idiot. That people PERCEIVE that he does is what's important to dimocraps.

That people PERCEIVE that we don't is even more important to them.

Think people. Think. You fall for this shit way too often

Does Obama never have ulterior motives?

Maybe if he lets out a cop-killer or two he'll get the reaction he wants.

Whoopsie, already done that.

Forum List

Back