Obama politicizes Texas shootings

Come on Barry you controlled both chambers and didn’t do a dang thing
I swear this guy has the IQ of my golf handicap

Obama Uses Texas Church Massacre To Call For Fewer Guns

Every time a gun massacre happens that isn't from Muslims the right is like "can't talk about this, don't talk about it".

The problem is that this happens all the time. If you couldn't talk about guns within 24 hours of someone being shot in the US you'd never be able to talk about guns ever. And how fucking convenient would that be for the right?
Neither would the dems if they were in power
Don’t be hypocritical

we should get rid of all traffic laws

Enriching Attorneys - a huge part of the Dem Party strategy, since so much of the DNC money comes from attorneys to pay the Dems for 30k useless new laws every year that do nothing but enrich attorneys and make everyone else poorer....

We all politicize it. Every shooting, every time.

Yes. It's true. And, with the increase in shootings over the past 50 years, I think it's a worthy debate. I for one believe in expansion of carry laws by the citizenry vs. the expansion of restricting gun laws. Why? Because those that lean towards more restricting and banning have not figured out how reducing legal rights to guns is going to stop people who are using guns illegally to commit shootings. In areas of this country where some of the most restrictive gun laws are in place (e.g. Chicago), there are are more murders and other crimes with illegal guns.
we could pass more laws.

i believe Chicago and California have some of the strictest laws on the books. can we start there as to look at what IS NOT working?

Yes. It's true. And, with the increase in shootings over the past 50 years, I think it's a worthy debate. I for one believe in expansion of carry laws by the citizenry vs. the expansion of restricting gun laws. Why? Because those that lean towards more restricting and banning have not figured out how reducing legal rights to guns is going to stop people who are using guns illegally to commit shootings. In areas of this country where some of the most restrictive gun laws are in place (e.g. Chicago), there are are more murders and other crimes with illegal guns.
we could pass more laws.

i believe Chicago and California have some of the strictest laws on the books. can we start there as to look at what IS NOT working?

It is working well in New York City.

Cities don't have walls, you should understand that. It's easy to get guns in and out.

we could pass more laws.

Cities don't have walls, you should understand that. It's easy to get guns in and out.
then how do the laws stop criminals from getting guns?

show me laws that allow good people to keep their guns and bad people to be told NO in a manner they will accept and i'm in. but to date, just bitching and whining about guns.

what would you do?

we could pass more laws.

show me laws that allow good people to keep their guns and bad people to be told NO in a manner they will accept and i'm in. but to date, just bitching and whining about guns.

what would you do?

Look at machine gun laws. They are heavily regulated and seldom used in crime. This is what happens when a mass shooter tries to get them:
Milwaukee man accused of plotting machine gun attack at Masonic center still in jail

We need to do the same for all guns for mass killing. We should have kept the bans on high capacity magazines and assault weapons.

we could pass more laws.

what would you do?
To start we can better regulate these high capacity semi auto's. Make the vetting process much better for people to own those types of weapons. Will criminals still be able to get them? yes of course. Would it help save lives? Very likely. Why should a Yahoo, like this Texas church shooter be able to walk into the local sporting goods store and walk out carrying around a weapon capable of killings dozens of people in the matter of minutes? Do you think the same amount of people would have died if he would have had a pistol or a bolt action riffle or a shotgun?

When is it not political?

You can't bring it up after repeated massacres. If you bring it up a month later, Republicans have already forgotten.

When is the correct time for Republicans to talk gun legislation?

We are still waiting for Sandy Hook

we could pass more laws.

what would you do?
To start we can better regulate these high capacity semi auto's. Make the vetting process much better for people to own those types of weapons. Will criminals still be able to get them? yes of course. Would it help save lives? Very likely. Why should a Yahoo, like this Texas church shooter be able to walk into the local sporting goods store and walk out carrying around a weapon capable of killings dozens of people in the matter of minutes? Do you think the same amount of people would have died if he would have had a pistol or a bolt action riffle or a shotgun?
Great. Give me the specs to manage to. 30? 15? 10?

All semi auto or just the military style? Even 22s? Semi pistols?

Let's hear it Republicans....

If talking about gun laws immediately after a shooting is not proper
When is the right time?

we could pass more laws.

what would you do?

Thats all part of the conversation. Do you think it is a good conversation to have. Do you agree with the spirit of my argument or do you believe it is a moot point? I'm happy to engage further into it, just curious about where you stand on it.

Last edited:
we could pass more laws.

what would you do?

Thats all part of the conversation. Do you think it is a good conversation to have. Do you agree with the spirit of my argument or do you believe it is a mute point? I'm happy to engage further into it, just curious about where you stand on it.
Moot

what would you do?

Thats all part of the conversation. Do you think it is a good conversation to have. Do you agree with the spirit of my argument or do you believe it is a moot point? I'm happy to engage further into it, just curious about where you stand on it.
Moot
why?

what would you do?

Moot
why?

Not mute .....MOOT

(I noticed you tried to fix it)

Forum List

Back