Obama Says No To Landmines

Landlmines suck

That's why we put civilians in charge of the military
Yes they do but that does not change the fact they are a valuable battlefield weapon.
More reason why civilians rule over the military

The military does not have to deal with the political ramifications of maimed children
No they have to deal with life and death on the battlefield and if your a smaller force in a defensive position landmines can valuable in helping you stay alive.
When was the last time the US "needed" landmines?

Landlmines suck

Yes they do but that does not change the fact they are a valuable battlefield weapon.

The military does not have to deal with the political ramifications of maimed children
No they have to deal with life and death on the battlefield and if your a smaller force in a defensive position landmines can valuable in helping you stay alive.

Forward Operation Posts in Afghanistan in Taliban Insurgent areas................

Obama banned torture and now landmines

What next?

Land based operations, anything that can possibly harm anyone and winning. Anything that could possibly result in winning this illegal, poorly thought out war he started is off the table.

Land mines are a barbaric legacy of past wars. Many innocent civilians, including children, are killed and maimed by them during and after the conflict is over.

What next?

Land based operations, anything that can possibly harm anyone and winning. Anything that could possibly result in winning this illegal, poorly thought out war he started is off the table.
Poison gas, biological weapons, flame throwers all help you win in war

They are banned for humanitarian reasons

Landlmines suck

Poison gas is an effective tool also.....we don't use that either
So are mortars, artillery, tanks, RPG, and missiles which can and do kill and maim innocent people all of which we do use.

War is Hell.........Landmines are part of that Hell............They can be used to beef up defenses on bases............

I don't agree with all these dang rules for Wars..............ROE's that handcuffs our people into losing Wars.

The object of War is to kill the enemy. Land mines do just that.

War is Hell.........Landmines are part of that Hell............They can be used to beef up defenses on bases............

I don't agree with all these dang rules for Wars..............ROE's that handcuffs our people into losing Wars.

Yeah, we really kicked ass in Vietnam - thanks to landmines.

Landmines still exacting a heavy toll on Vietnamese civilians World news Guardian Weekly

Vietnam Land mines still line 16 million acres - World news - Asia-Pacific NBC News

Last edited:
Landlmines suck

You should ask and Afghanistan or Iraq combat veteran I'm pretty sure they could answer that for you.

Yeah, we really kicked ass in Viet Nam - thanks to landmines.

We lost Vietnam because of people like you. PC mentality and lines not to be crossed. aka We didn't fight a War but a police action. Instead of rolling north and taking North Vietnam with massed armies. They had a top troop strength of around 250k once during the War. There was no way in hell they could have stopped us.

Politicians lose the Wars.....Not the troops.

What next?

When war, which is predicated on killing people becomes humanitarian you let me fucking know. Until then the only thing I give a shit about is winning and winning means by whatever means necessary you kill every last fucking enemy soldier you can by any means necessary.

If you want humanitarian go volunteer for bingo night at a retirement home. Stay out of the war business you don't have the balls for it.

What next?

When war, which is predicated on killing people becomes humanitarian you let me fucking know. Until then the only thing I give a shit about is winning and winning means by whatever means necessary you kill every last fucking enemy soldier you can by any means necessary.

If you want humanitarian go volunteer for bingo night at a retirement home. Stay out of the war business you don't have the balls for it.
there are rules, donnie. this isn't 'nam.

seriously, anyone ever hear a general say that they didn't need a weapon? i'm sure it happens, just not very often.

Yeah, we really kicked ass in Viet Nam - thanks to landmines.

We lost Vietnam because of people like you. PC mentality and lines not to be crossed. aka We didn't fight a War but a police action. Instead of rolling north and taking North Vietnam with massed armies. They had a top troop strength of around 250k once during the War. There was no way in hell they could have stopped us.

Politicians lose the Wars.....Not the troops.

Vietnam was an immoral clusterfuck. We should never have been there.

Forum List

Back