Obama says to Christians "Get off your high horse, you used to kill people too"

So I'm running the video right now and just heard the line about the Crusades and the Inquisition, following a reference to Naziism, which went on to racist violence. Out of all of those I see the wags here choose to single out the one furthest back in the past (Crusades) and ignore all the rest.

I'm starting to see why nobody wanted to link this. Thanks again.::thup:
Your Welcome.

So I'm running the video right now and just heard the line about the Crusades and the Inquisition, following a reference to Naziism, which went on to racist violence. Out of all of those I see the wags here choose to single out the one furthest back in the past (Crusades) and ignore all the rest.

Your Welcome.

It's also clear why the OP didn't link it -- because he made his quote up.

Interesting that the speech is all about the basic theme of humility -- which seems the polar opposite of the blowback. Fascinating.

Funny that no one has yet been able to actually link these alleged "words at a prayer breakfast".
Wonder why. Must be something inconvenient in there. :dunno:

Do these words even exist? Has the Ministry of Truth not retroactively written them yet?
Tune in next week for more ongoing mysteries here at USMB Theater....

THANK YOU. God DAMN that was like pulling teeth --- took two days. Finally I have something to work with.

google is amazing.

Google's damn handy. I was pushing it back when it was just one of several engines.

But me I do things a little differently from some here -- I don't presume to tell other people what they're saying. So when they won't say what the fuck they're talking about and ramble on as if everybody knows what they refer to, I have no starting point. This thread was started with no link at all. I asked for one in post 9, got crickets. At least two other threads, same thing. One guy last night called me a serial pederast for asking the question. That's just fucking bizarre. If you have a point you should be able to say what the fuck it is, and it's not my job to do that.

I didn't start this thread and was simply engaging...............I actually look up stuff even if it isn't a thread I started................

Well of course, that's because you can draw logical conclusions from various sources.

Drones however, want everyone else to do their work for them and still feel entitled to get more for free

Where do I sign up?

-Geaux

Your Welcome.

It's also clear why the OP didn't link it -- because he made his quote up.

Interesting that the speech is all about the basic theme of humility -- which seems the polar opposite of the blowback. Fascinating.
Most of the speech is about uniting and not dividing............The part at minute 8 is about twisting religion into something harmful rather than good..............

Yet at the same time many posters on this board are posting the example of the Crusades as showing how Christians are evil when the thread is about the barbaric actions of ISIS.

This thread is also about blow back on those tactics.

What a loser and hypocrite all rolled into one

telling others to get off their high horse while screeching from the one he never gets off

How the hell you people put that in as our President, you all should be ashamed by now

telling others to get off their high horse while screeching from the one he never gets off

How the hell you people put that in as our President, you all should be ashamed by now
The get off your high horse was a deliberate part of the speech..................While trying to play it off as a uniting moment....................

It's purpose has been served..............and it was absolutely on purpose.............even though trying to camo it.

Kondor, my little birdbrain, cannot defend at all successfully the Core Teachings of either religion. the 'differences in Core Teachings' concept, can he?

He has fallen back on far right nonsense and deflection when you whines that "You are neither when you suggest "Good thing for me that I'm a Christian -leaning agnostic (Doubting Thomas) rather than a True Christian (in its purest Core Teachings sense) then, eh?"

Kondor is unable understand Christian duty, and you certainly don't understand Core Teachings of either Christianity or Islam.

Imagine having an agnostic trying to lecture believers on their religions. Ridiculous. :)
I have, indeed, successfully outlined the Core Teachings of Christianity, and the Core Teachings of Islam (as these relate to warfare).

Wherein have I erred or omitted, in your opinion?

And, as to being an 'agnostic', I confess to being a Christian -leaning agnostic; one raised in the Christian tradition, and having some done some considerable reading and having experienced some considerable exposure to that belief system.

The fact that I am not convinced of the existence of the godhead does not serve to render me either Ignorant nor Incompetent regarding macro-level discussions of Christianity, and its relative merits vis a vis other belief systems.

As much as you'd like to try to convince some of our participants otherwise.

Oh, and, as for 'lecturing' - I am merely serving-up reasonably well-read and -considered opinion on the subject, and have openly and repeatedly pitched my own contributions in just that vein, rather than taking on pretensions of 'lecturing'.

However, given your painfully evident inability to address the comparison of the Core Teachings of Christianity vis a vis Islam, your weak and pathetic attempts at distraction and deflection and baseless denigration are both noted, and make for good comedy on a slow Saturday afternoon.

The audience owes you a round of thanks for the Comedy Show you put on with that one... even if it does belong on the Amateur Hour, rather than in Prime Time.

The get off your high horse was a deliberate part of the speech..................While trying to play it off as a uniting moment....................

It's purpose has been served..............and it was absolutely on purpose.............even though trying to camo it.

I don't elect any person to President to preach to me and tell me to get off anything. He can go to hell for all I care. which I believe is where he will end up he's such a hateful ugly evil human being

I don't elect any person to President to preach to me and tell me to get off anything. He can go to hell for all I care. which I believe is where he will end up he's such a hateful ugly evil human being
I voted against him both times, as did the state of Alabama.

Obama told the truth and his bold indictment was not Faux News! I' am proud of a president who stands up and tells the truth for a change instead of telling "pseudo-conservatives what they want to hear! He isn't aiding or abetting the enemy, he is just putting things into historical perspective. What has he got to lose! You wouldn't support him even if he supported the illusion that Euro/American Christianity is as pristine as the driven snow! You would still hate him because he is the ink spot on your White egotistical sheet!
How is it truthful to say that we are on a moral high horse to condemn the actions of a violent death cult because of what medieval Christians did? That's propaganda not perspective.

What part of the 20th Century belongs to medieval times? I'm not going to allow you to skip over the holocaust and attempted Amerindian genocides. Did those events pass as Christian exploits or are we supposed to ignore them?
I'm not going to allow you to proclaim the Holocaust was a Christian endeavour and get away with it. Back it up, Einstein.

At the risk of stating the obvious it's a comparison of consistent logic. If you want to go with the Composition Fallacy that the actions of a tiny band of extremist brigands represents by extension everyone in their religion, then you have to do the same for Nazis, Inquisitors, and in our own time KKK lynchings as well as abortion clinic bombers.

It's exactly the same logic. It either works or it doesn't but you don't get to switch it on and off like a reading lamp depending on what's convenient at the time.
Correct.

The argument that the few are representative of the whole fails as a logical fallacy, where if only one person in the entire group does not act in the same manner as the few, the argument is not valid.

Consequently those with an unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam and Muslims may post all the YouTube videos they wish depicting all manner of Muslims doing and saying all manner of things, none of which would be valid 'proof' that Islam in its entirety is 'bad' and all Muslims 'evil.'

Again, the problem is not Islam nor the tenets of that faith, the problem is with the tiny, non-representative minority who misappropriate Islam and its tenets to justify their criminal acts of violence and terror.

Clearly the obvious is not obvious to those blinded by an unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam and Muslims.

I am truly ashamed of President Barack Obama's position in this matter.

Although I voted for him twice, both times, it was with great reluctance, as the best of a poor range of choices.

I now have a bad case of buyer's (voter's) remorse, and repent of my former votes, although I accept that I have now gotten what I voted for.

Personally, he has been losing me, slowly but surely, for at least a couple of years, and his new reliance upon Rule by Imperial Decree pretty much capped that for me.

But, this last bit... serving-up faux equivalencies between Islam and Christianity... giving aid and comfort to the enemy (Radical Militant Islam) is the Last Straw.

I now want the guy gone from public life and removed from power, in our peaceful and time-honored tradition, and want January 20, 2017, to hurry up and come, as quickly as possible, while minimizing the damage that this Failed Messiah can do, in his remaining 23 months at the helm.

Jesus-H-Tap-Dancing-Christ-on-a-Crutch, but did I phukk-up by voting for him (twice!), or what?

I'm sorry, America... I'm soooooo sorry for my little part in this.

Obama told the truth and his bold indictment was not Faux News! I' am proud of a president who stands up and tells the truth for a change instead of telling "pseudo-conservatives what they want to hear! He isn't aiding or abetting the enemy, he is just putting things into historical perspective. What has he got to lose! You wouldn't support him even if he supported the illusion that Euro/American Christianity is as pristine as the driven snow! You would still hate him because he is the ink spot on your White egotistical sheet!
What?

Did I wrong you in some previous life?

Did somebody pee in your Cheerios this morning?

Where in the hell does this Hate Whitey disease that you're suffering from, originate?

In any event, I didn't do diddly-squat to insult you, or to call you a liar, or to denigrate you, or to question your loyalty or motives.

Consequently, and in light of the fact that you fired first, and drew first blood...

You may now consider yourself cleared to blow it out your ass, at your discretion, and earliest convenience.

Get off my back, pissant.
You really take offense at the most trivial things, tsk! tsk! :lol: Truth is a MOTHA ain't it?
Translation: "I was unnecessarily rude to someone who does not think the same way I do, but I am not man enough to admit error or overzealousness and apologize, so, I'll simply attempt to trivialize the original hostility or insult, in a juvenile attempt to make the Objecting Party appear overly-sensitive." That doesn't even qualify as a 'nice try'.

How is it truthful to say that we are on a moral high horse to condemn the actions of a violent death cult because of what medieval Christians did? That's propaganda not perspective.

What part of the 20th Century belongs to medieval times? I'm not going to allow you to skip over the holocaust and attempted Amerindian genocides. Did those events pass as Christian exploits or are we supposed to ignore them?
I'm not going to allow you to proclaim the Holocaust was a Christian endeavour and get away with it. Back it up, Einstein.

At the risk of stating the obvious it's a comparison of consistent logic. If you want to go with the Composition Fallacy that the actions of a tiny band of extremist brigands represents by extension everyone in their religion, then you have to do the same for Nazis, Inquisitors, and in our own time KKK lynchings as well as abortion clinic bombers.

It's exactly the same logic. It either works or it doesn't but you don't get to switch it on and off like a reading lamp depending on what's convenient at the time.
Correct.

The argument that the few are representative of the whole fails as a logical fallacy, where if only one person in the entire group does not act in the same manner as the few, the argument is not valid.

Consequently those with an unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam and Muslims may post all the YouTube videos they wish depicting all manner of Muslims doing and saying all manner of things, none of which would be valid 'proof' that Islam in its entirety is 'bad' and all Muslims 'evil.'

Again, the problem is not Islam nor the tenets of that faith, the problem is with the tiny, non-representative minority who misappropriate Islam and its tenets to justify their criminal acts of violence and terror.

Clearly the obvious is not obvious to those blinded by an unwarranted fear and hatred of Islam and Muslims.
As you twist it to the ALL when the post are not saying that...............

and this MINORITY has helped displace half a nation...............and terrorist have reeked havoc on the world...................Terrorism and ISIS is a GLOBAL threat..........whether you like it or not.............

Now the next time I thank Egypt for their actions or Jordan for theirs.......please be sure to ignore that part of the equation as usual.

...the problem is not Islam nor the tenets of that faith...
Incorrect.

The real problem is that Islam is a warrior's religion; intolerant, misogynistic, and with changes locked out - institutionally barricaded against badly needed Reformation.

Its core tenets provide for 'justifiable warfare' and 'justifiable violence' and 'justifiable oppression' against Unbelievers, and in defense of The Faith, and its adherents.

ANY kind of religion-centric Permissions to Commit Violence will eventually be twisted into Actual War or Actual Violence or Actual Oppression by its practitioners.

Even when it manifests a period or phase of relative calm and peacefulness, that Violence-Enabling Dogma is always lurking, dormant, ready to be re-animated again.

I think this sums him up. And we TRIED to warn you

SNIP:

Limbaugh: Obama’s ‘High Horse’ Speech Is Dangerous
"The president is directly and indirectly promoting religious beliefs that are hostile to Western values."

On his radio show Thursday, Rush Limbaugh unloaded on President Obama for his “high horse” remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast earlier that day in which the president drew a moral equivalence between radical Islamic terror and dark episodes in the history of Christianity. The president’s choice to attack Christianity at an event designed to unite, Limbaugh argued, revealed just how much he resents this country and how actively he is seeking to humble the West. Not only was the speech insulting, suggested Limbaugh, it's dangerous.

Saying the president's Prayer Breakfast speech “dots the I, crosses the T” on his worldview, Limbaugh said it’s clear, “we have a man who really has a problem with this country.”

He has a problem with this nation's founding. He has a deep-seated problem with this nation's existence. He doesn't like the fact that we're a superpower, thinks it's not been honestly earned. We're cheaters and we're thieves. We are rich beyond the rest of the world's comprehension, not because we've had a unique way of creating wealth and prosperity. No, no, no, no! We've run around the world and we've stolen things from other people. We've stolen cultural things; we've stolen resources; we've stolen money.

Obama clearly believes “there's nothing special about the US,” said Limbaugh; the only “special” thing about us, he suggested, is our racist, bigoted founding:

The US was founded as a racist, slave, bigoted nation, and we still haven't paid the price for that as far as he's concerned. Why on earth would you go to the National Prayer Breakfast with thousands of Christians from across the spectrum and insult them? And at the same time, try to downplay the present day threat? And not just downplay it, but to try to put it in some sort of context as, "Hey, nothing unique here! Been there, done that. You Christians did just the same kind of stuff back in the days of the Crusades! Let's not get on our high horse, here...

all of it here:
Limbaugh Obama s High Horse Speech Is Dangerous Truth Revolt

Christians need to get off their high horse whether they used to kill people or not, if for no other reason than to comport with Christian dogma.

Christians need to get off their high horse whether they used to kill people or not, if for no other reason than to comport with Christian dogma.
Killing violates Christian dogma, although clerics and secular rulers over time have twisted or ignored Christian dogma, in order to attain their ends.

The trouble with Islamic dogma is that no twisting or ignoring is required, to attain such ends.

The enablers are embedded within Islamic dogma.

why didn't obama directly tie isis right to exist to israel's right to return after ww2 with our weapons and help and terrorist tactics used just like isis.? I mean we can cut the hipocracy with a knife.along with the throats of women and children in the name of our God too ofcourse. lol

More sewage coming out of Barack Hussein Bin Laden's mouth.

Equating ISIS with Christianity and warning the world about "high horse" ?

Who writes his stupid speeches?

This President is an idiot.

isis is just trying to do what the jews have always done. kill to conquer a homeland of their own religion

Killing violates Christian dogma, although clerics and secular rulers over time have twisted or ignored Christian dogma, in order to attain their ends.

The trouble with Islamic dogma is that no twisting or ignoring is required, to attain such ends.

The enablers are embedded within Islamic dogma.

Do you have any idea how tired and lame this is by now? :blahblah: I fear you don't.

Once again - "when 'we' do it it's a nutcase -- when 'they' to it it's prescribed" is a double standard. Always will be.

:lame2:

Forum List

Back