Obama sending US Marshalls to ARREST those who owe federal student loans! Dang libs...

Monday briefing.

US Marshals director: "Mr. President.....some federal courts have begun issuing arrest warrants for students in debt for loans. They requested the Marshals to go round them up."

Obama: "Ok sounds good to me."

The Marshals go....or don't go....on their bosses order.

So by your logic....no mayor or police chief should ever be accountable for some bad arrests their cops make. Right?

By my logic, no mayor of police chief ever SENT a police officer to conduct a 'bad arrest'.

Remembering, your argument is that Obama sent the marshals. And that's as insane as your batshit about Obama murdering Scalia.

You're losing it, Bucky. You're breaking down.

Sure they did. Police chiefs approve all non routine operations. Marshalls rounding up student loan debtors is not routine. Obama approved it...or...he's a moron for not knowing about it.
:lmao: Oh, we can see who the moron is alright. :lmao:

Its Bucky. The man so routinely pulls blithering idiocy out of his ass that I can only assume he gets some sexual thrill out of tapping the rectal database.
Regardless of your opinion about another poster, just as this administration is accountable for Bin Laden; it's accountable for student loan arrests.

:thup:

Given that the other poster is citing *himself* as his primary source, impeaching the source is a tried and true application of reason.

As would be say, reading the article in question:

Green says as a result, those attorneys and debt collectors are getting judgements in federal court and asking judges to use the US Marshals Service to arrest those who have failed to pay their federal student loans.

Obama didn't 'send' anyone. A judge did.

Again, sweetie.....Obama doesn't personally oversee the execution of every arrest warrant issued by the federal judiciary. Its quite impossible for him to do so.

In this case, they are acting under their responsibilities as enforcers of the US Federal Court system, under court orders obtained by private debt collectors.

This is all in the link in the OP that no one bothered to read.

Again.....under the approval of their boss. Obama.

Again, Obama didn't 'send' anyone, sweetie. This was between the Marshall service and the Federal Courts. It was the courts that ordered the arrests.

The entire title of the thread is just more conspiracy addled horseshit that your ilk gobble up without thinking, hon.

And Obama allowed the Marshalls to be sent to round em up.

ALLOWED? That's not what you said in the OP. You said Obama *sent* them.

Turns out it wasn't Obama. It was a federal judge that sent them. But you didn't know that because you didn't read the article. You only quoted that poor, conspiracy addled idiot that insisted Obama killed Scalia. And that poor sap doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

A federal judge can't send Marshalls. He is not in their chain of command. Law enforcement and courts are separate. Only chain of command can order a law enforcement officer to take an action.

A judge can issue a warrant. He cannot order officers to go serve it. It's the whole separation of powers thing.

You are staggeringly wrong, of course.

The Marshals are the enforcement arm of the Judiciary. They exist to catch fugitives, protect witnesses, and serve court orders. That's what they do.

The President is not in their chain of command.

In this case, they are acting under their responsibilities as enforcers of the US Federal Court system, under court orders obtained by private debt collectors.

Again, Obama didn't 'send' anyone, sweetie. This was between the Marshall service and the Federal Courts. It was the courts that ordered the arrests.

The entire title of the thread is just more conspiracy addled horseshit that your ilk gobble up without thinking, hon.

Turns out it wasn't Obama. It was a federal judge that sent them. But you didn't know that because you didn't read the article. You only quoted that poor, conspiracy addled idiot that insisted Obama killed Scalia. And that poor sap doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

A federal judge can't send Marshalls. He is not in their chain of command. Law enforcement and courts are separate. Only chain of command can order a law enforcement officer to take an action.

A judge can issue a warrant. He cannot order officers to go serve it. It's the whole separation of powers thing.
What an odd spelling, and what an odd grasp of the "chain of command" of U.S. MARSHALs...from someone who "supposedly" was in law enforcement at one time.

Monday briefing.

US Marshals director: "Mr. President.....some federal courts have begun issuing arrest warrants for students in debt for loans. They requested the Marshals to go round them up."

Show me the evidence that Obama sent the Marshals to arrest that guy. You're still quoting that conspiracy addled idiot. Quote actual evidence.

Show us. Don't tell us. As your own source affirms that it was a *judge* that ordered the arrest and directed the Marshals to execute the warrant.

Not Obama.

US Marshals are Executive branch

Um, no. Under the Judiciary Act of 1789, which created the US Marshals to enforce the Federal Court system.
And the POTUS has the power to direct the Marshals otherwise. ICE's fecklessness is a great example.

POTUS made no such order.

Actually, I don't think he does. The President doesn't have personal control over every part of the executive branch.

For example, the President doesn't have the power to order the FBI to stop investigating something.

The Marshals, while technically part of the DoJ, are entirely responsible to the Judiciary and not the President.

I think Obama disagrees. He claimed enforcement discretion with immigration. He can set policy on what FBI, DEA, ICE, Marshals, etc, enforce and what they ignore.

Um, no. Under the Judiciary Act of 1789, which created the US Marshals to enforce the Federal Court system.
And the POTUS has the power to direct the Marshals otherwise. ICE's fecklessness is a great example.

Actually, I don't think he does. The President doesn't have personal control over every part of the executive branch.

For example, the President doesn't have the power to order the FBI to stop investigating something.

The Marshals, while technically part of the DoJ, are entirely responsible to the Judiciary and not the President.

I think Obama disagrees. He claimed enforcement discretion with immigration. He can set policy on what FBI, DEA, ICE, Marshals, etc, enforce and what they ignore.
:dig:

Monday briefing.

You really should re-read the OP again. No "arrest warrants" were issued.

No, he can't.

What an odd spelling, and what an odd grasp of the "chain of command" of U.S. MARSHALs...from someone who "supposedly" was in law enforcement at one time.

Well I can assure you....judges are not in the law enforcement chain of command. Not sure what your understanding of it is. But for example, a municipal judge cannot order a city cop to sit on his street and write tickets.

US Marshals are Executive branch

When it comes to Marshals' enforcing their duties, there have been Executive Orders staying specific duties. Immigration is an example. Many a detainer has not been acted upon due to an Executive Order.

So, yes the POTUS could do something about this.

Personally, the bigger picture for me is the federal government now clearly has a shitload of another group of toxic "assets" - real estate and worthless student loans.

Monday briefing.

Then how were they taken into custody?

Well I can assure you....judges are not in the law enforcement chain of command. Not sure what your understanding of it is. But for example, a municipal judge cannot order a city cop to sit on his street and write tickets.

You must be aware that the US Marshals Service are not the same thing as city cops, right?

You're still quoting that conspiracy addled idiot who 'assured us' that Scalia was murdered by Obama. And that's poor soul doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Last chance, bucky:

Show us the evidence that obama sent the marshals to arrest that guy.

No, he can't.

Wait....you're saying the President of the United States CANNOT set policy on discretion of enforcement by the FBI, DEA, DHS, ICE, ATF, etc?

You must be aware that the US Marshals Service are not the same thing as city cops, right?

I am. That's why I used that example. Because they are law enforcement. Just like city cops. And judges are not in the chain of command of law enforcement. They can issue arrest warrants. But cannot direct the cops that serve them.

When it comes to Marshals' enforcing their duties, there have been Executive Orders staying specific duties. Immigration is an example. Many a detainer has not been acted upon due to an Executive Order.

Then show us the evidence that Obama sent the marshals to arrest the guy in the OP.

It should be remarkably easy for you if your claims have merit. If you're talking out of your ass, it might be slightly more difficult.

So, yes the POTUS could do something about this.

So the conspiracy horseshit of the OP has devolved to 'Obama sent the Marshals' to 'Obama could do something about this'.

Laughing....nice backpedal. The Judge sent these marshals. Not the President.

Monday briefing.

They werent. Read your damn OP.

I am. That's why I used that example. Because they are law enforcement. Just like city cops. And judges are not in the chain of command of law enforcement. They can issue arrest warrants. But cannot direct the cops that serve them.

Says you, citing you. And you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You can present no evidence that Obama sent the Marshals to arrest this guy. And your own article affirms that it was a judge that did so:

Green says as a result, those attorneys and debt collectors are getting judgements in federal court and asking judges to use the US Marshals Service to arrest those who have failed to pay their federal student loans.

US Marshals arresting people for not paying their federal student loans

Next time read the article you're citing, Bucky. It will help you avoid embarassing blunders like the one you just made.

Monday briefing.

They werent. Read your damn OP.

They are being taken into custody. Otherwise....why send Marshals?
U.S. Marshals Service Sending SWAT Teams Out to Arrest People for Unpaid Student Loans

Forum List

Back