Obama Slapped Us Again - His Mosque Visit

Another reason after 37 years, I'm leaving this liberal shit hole called California come June. I'm retiring and going back home to TN.

-Geaux
==============

Tennessee Bill Would Prohibit Public Schools From Teaching About Islam

In response to complaints from Tennessee parents that what their children are being taught about Islam borders on indoctrination, a Republican lawmaker in the state has proposed legislation to prohibit schools from teaching “religious doctrine” until high school.

Rep. Sheila Butt’s proposed bill comes at a time when anti-Islamic sentiment has been surfacing at schools across the country. If enacted, the bill would ban schools from teaching students younger than 10th grade about Islam or other topics the state decides constitute “religious doctrine.”

“I think that probably the teaching that is going on right now in seventh, eighth grade is not age appropriate,” Butt, who claims her bill isn’t targeted at Islam, told the Tennessean. “They are not able to discern a lot of times whether its indoctrination or whether they’re learning about what a religion teaches.”

I love the silly way Obama paints Jefferson and Madison as a sympathizers simply because they each had a Koran in their for-the-time rather extensive private libraries.

i guess that makes me a "sympathizer" also, i bought a USED paperback about 1982AD for my "extensive library" which contains nearly 1,000 books, (yaa i love reading NON_FICTION) 9 Bibles, 3 of which are in various translations one of which has 26 translations.

Only the far right boobies would consider Obama's mosque visit to be disrespectful.

Place the visit in the context that the far right hates the rest of America.
Not at all. Islam does not represent America. -Geaux
Only you said that. Islam does have about six million religionists living here. They are a part of America, Geaux.

Maybe yours. Not my America-Geaux
Your America(the concept of) is dying out quickly. A diverse, multi-cultural America is quickly replacing it, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

"Current estimates are about 3 million total. 1% of the population."

No problem then if the president visits, is it?

Well, when he speaks at a Catholic university and insists that the cross be covered, but speaks later at a mosque under the symbols of Islam, it does rather destroy any credibility of his claim to be a Christian.

Other than that, no. No problem, since his sympathies are obvious, and no surprise.

I agree that 10th grade is the time to teach a comparative religions class, as long as the bill specifies that "no religion or belief" will be taught before that. Yes, that excludes Christianity also.

I do not believe that public school-----kindergarten thru 12th grade----- needs ANY
"religion" teaching, especially not a "COMPARATIVE RELIGION" class.
Children---get "competitive" about their religions. They should be encouraged to
LEAVE IT AT HOME

Well, when he speaks at a Catholic university and insists that the cross be covered, but speaks later at a mosque under the symbols of Islam, it does rather destroy any credibility of his claim to be a Christian.

Other than that, no. No problem, since his sympathies are obvious, and no surprise.

Obama asked that the cross be covered at a catholic college? you got a link?

Google. My research rates are high.

Only the far right boobies would consider Obama's mosque visit to be disrespectful.

Place the visit in the context that the far right hates the rest of America.
Not at all. Islam does not represent America. -Geaux
Only you said that. Islam does have about six million religionists living here. They are a part of America, Geaux.

Maybe yours. Not my America-Geaux
Your America(the concept of) is dying out quickly. A diverse, multi-cultural America is quickly replacing it, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Project much

-Geaux

That's only your words. No objective source can be found that Obama ever requested anything of the sort.

This is why the sane 90% of America will have nothing to do with the crazy 10%.

I agree that 10th grade is the time to teach a comparative religions class, as long as the bill specifies that "no religion or belief" will be taught before that. Yes, that excludes Christianity also.

I do not believe that public school-----kindergarten thru 12th grade----- needs ANY
"religion" teaching, especially not a "COMPARATIVE RELIGION" class.
Children---get "competitive" about their religions. They should be encouraged to
LEAVE IT AT HOME
Tough. Put your children in private school.

No need, in the South, christianity is taught in the home

-Geaux
In a small minority of homes, yes, if you mean evangelicalism. Catholicism, Mormonism, Judaism, Islam, etc., are taught in southern homes as well.

Google. My research rates are high.

well I googled a little but am still not sure-----seems Georgetown covered
a cross----a little---------no one seems to be claiming responsibility

That's only your words. No objective source can be found that Obama ever requested anything of the sort.

This is why the sane 90% of America will have nothing to do with the crazy 10%.

Pictures taken at the speech show the well-known cross covered.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back