🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama stimulus is failed

In addition, if, say 100 million people retire, and there are only 80 million births in a year, then there would be more jobs disappearing in relation to population growth, thus less jobs created in relation to population growth. Would there not?

In addition, if, say 100 million people retire, and there are only 80 million births in a year, then there would be more jobs disappearing in relation to population growth, thus less jobs created in relation to population growth. Would there not?

Bush's fault

If. Please provide some data which shows we have a shrinking amount of people below retirement age.

Here's a clue: you won't find any.

We're not Japan...yet.

That's not what is happening in the economy now.

We have high unemployment in prime working age citizen.

You are the one who brought up job creation in relation to population growth, not I.

JEEBUS, you are an ignoramus.

But keep it up. If the rest of the Far Left is just as stupid as you, then Obama should lose big time in 2012.

GDP expanded due to increased gov't spending. Increased gov't spending does not produce tax revenue. The opposite.
You are grasping at straws here.

WHAT?

Government spending accounted for a change in GDP from a -2.7% average in 2009, to an average of +3.25% in 2010?

United States GDP Growth Rate

So, if the GDP grows, tax revenue grows. That's what Reagan's entire tax cut theory is based on, is it not?

Since tax revenue went DOWN and GDP went UP, what does that tell us?

Given that tax rates were identitical it says that GDP increase was largely illusory.

If. Please provide some data which shows we have a shrinking amount of people below retirement age.

We're not Japan...yet.

That also doesn't count immigration, which is a strong factor in employment.

My two cents: Bush in second term spent like a Dem. Obama has spent like a Dem on steroids, which he may be. In any case, both of them have brought us all to this point, with some help from previous administrations. Point is, right or left, we're all fucked.

When are all of you going to realize that? Perhaps you wish to be Obama like and blame Japan's tsunami and Europe's cash flow problems for ours? Not washing, not putting people to work, not controlling inflation.

We're not Japan...yet.

He also doesn't grok that new born babies aren't in the job market.

The new jobs requirements for population growth are based on people old enough to work.

My two cents: Bush in second term spent like a Dem. Obama has spent like a Dem on steroids, which he may be. In any case, both of them have brought us all to this point, with some help from previous administrations. Point is, right or left, we're all fucked.

When are all of you going to realize that? Perhaps you wish to be Obama like and blame Japan's tsunami and Europe's cash flow problems for ours? Not washing, not putting people to work, not controlling inflation.

Republicans have no problem spending large amounts of money when it suits them. So drop the "spent like a Dem" BS. Republicans haven't had a fiscal Conservative in the office of the Presidency since Coolidge. Modern day Republicans (post-Goldwater) have never had a fiscal Conservative in office.

Point being, saying stuff like "spent like a Dem" negates statements that you say such as "right or left, we're all fucked."

Also, I would respond to your second paragraph but I'm not really sure where you're trying to get at. Maybe I'm just not reading the first two sentences right but they don't seem to make much sense to me.

The stimulus saved three million jobs -- without the stimulus the situation would be worse. And that's why a whole group of hypocritical dirtbag Republican governors are simultaneously condemning the stimulus, begging for stimulus money, and bragging about "their" stimulus projects.

Your monicker is a form of False Advertising.

Just sayin'.

We're not Japan...yet.

Ahh, but that is not what I said, is it?

I said there's a shrinking amount of people below retirement age, in relation to the population as a whole, including growth.

There's a big difference there.

We're not Japan...yet.

I said there's a shrinking amount of people below retirement age, in relation to the population as a whole, including growth.

Then provide some proof that the working age population is shrinking.

We're not Japan...yet.

Evidence?
In any case, so what?

We're not Japan...yet.

And longer life-spans among the elderly is a strong counter-factor.

Once again job numbers are out. The results are dismal. We now have 9.1% unemployment, not counting those who have given up. Economists expected job creation to be 160k. We got just 54k. Manufacturing lost jobs for the first time in 7 months.
This isn't a recovery. IN a recovery jobs are stable, overtime increases, temporary work increases and then permanent employment increases. We are seeing continued job losses.
So the promise of Obama's stimulus to add however many jobs to the economy is a lie. It is a total failure.
In a British style parliamentary system they would stage a no-confidence vote in Obama. They would win.

Ah...but the GOP strategy to do nothing hoping that a failed country will make Obama look bad has succeeded. :clap2:

Bald. R. Dash.

The GOP wants to cut spending now and reform entitlement programs so they don't crater the economy. Obama and the Dems have offered no plans of their own (they won't even pass a frelling budget)...their entire strategy is to scare senior citizens and public union employees.
When dimwits don't like common sense things the republicans do they falsely claim they do nothing, shows how stupid they can be.

Personally, I think Bush and the GOP controlled congress he had left us in such a fiscal mess there is no recovery from it. If the Democrat mantra is "tax and spend", the GOP mantra is surely "spend and borrow (political fall out will come later when we can blame it on someone else)".

Personally, I think Bush and the GOP controlled congress he had left us in such a fiscal mess there is no recovery from it. If the Democrat mantra is "tax and spend", the GOP mantra is surely "spend and borrow (political fall out will come later when we can blame it on someone else)".

Haven't the Democrats controlled Congress since '07? Hasn't spending exploded since then, reaching epic proportions under Obama, when the Dems couldn't even pass a budget.

Forum List

Back