🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama stimulus is failed

Every picture tells a story...

boedicca-albums-mo-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture3591-obama-deficit-2011.jpg

And what do we have to show for those deficits: The New Meme that 9% Unemployment is the New Normal.

Thanks Obama!

And we are expected to abide by it. I reject it.

And what do we have to show for those deficits: The New Meme that 9% Unemployment is the New Normal.

Thanks Obama!

Most of the Obama deficit was the 450 billion deficit he inherited from Bush plus lower tax revenues in 2009, 2010.

Nonsense. But just keep telling yourself that, if it give you comfort.

I am not blaming anyone, I am merely pointing out your overheated pathological hypocrisy.

but, I could be wrong, let me check in with your virtual twin;

You're not blaming anyone?

Then you hold Obama and the Democratic Congress blameless for the 2009/2010 deficits.

Okay.

you're inability to hold a consistent thought or conversation should be the model for a research paper at one of our national laboratories.

Blame? hold up, let me check in with Moonbat-

You just said you don't blame anyone for the deficits/debt so obviously you don't blame Obama and the Democrats for 2009/2010.

Unless, as usual, you were lying.

Once again job numbers are out. The results are dismal. We now have 9.1% unemployment, not counting those who have given up. Economists expected job creation to be 160k. We got just 54k. Manufacturing lost jobs for the first time in 7 months.
This isn't a recovery. IN a recovery jobs are stable, overtime increases, temporary work increases and then permanent employment increases. We are seeing continued job losses.
So the promise of Obama's stimulus to add however many jobs to the economy is a lie. It is a total failure.
In a British style parliamentary system they would stage a no-confidence vote in Obama. They would win.

The Stimulus is a clear Failure. Any Lib that tries to deny it is full of Crap. Obama himself told us if we passed it. By now we would only have 7% unemployment. Using his own standards it has been an utter failure.

Then you're taking the position that cutting taxes to stimulate the economy is a failed policy because almost half the stimulus has been tax cuts.

You're not blaming anyone?

Then you hold Obama and the Democratic Congress blameless for the 2009/2010 deficits.

Okay.

you're inability to hold a consistent thought or conversation should be the model for a research paper at one of our national laboratories.

Blame? hold up, let me check in with Moonbat-

You just said you don't blame anyone for the deficits/debt so obviously you don't blame Obama and the Democrats for 2009/2010.

Unless, as usual, you were lying.

He also said he was addressing your comment. Read much?

Thanks Obama!

Most of the Obama deficit was the 450 billion deficit he inherited from Bush plus lower tax revenues in 2009, 2010.

:lol:

hold up, let me check on that;

Moonbat input of 'bush deficit' says;

By the prophet's beard. Your pal Bush frightens me!!! The Secret SERVICE can smirk at hundreds of millions of UNEMPLOYED Native Americans, in the name of "SANCTITY of human life"? You understand, that makes it okay, then!! (I am being sarcastic! It is not okay!!!!!) The Recriminals stole the so-CALLED election by brainwashing the downtrodden voters (while the Military-Industrial Complex sat on the SIDELINES)!! As I recall, when the SCUMBAGS say "morality," they really mean "exploitation"!!!!!

Attachments

• $mb bush deficit.jpg
    $mb bush deficit.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 17
Once again job numbers are out. The results are dismal. We now have 9.1% unemployment, not counting those who have given up. Economists expected job creation to be 160k. We got just 54k. Manufacturing lost jobs for the first time in 7 months.
This isn't a recovery. IN a recovery jobs are stable, overtime increases, temporary work increases and then permanent employment increases. We are seeing continued job losses.
So the promise of Obama's stimulus to add however many jobs to the economy is a lie. It is a total failure.
In a British style parliamentary system they would stage a no-confidence vote in Obama. They would win.

The Stimulus is a clear Failure. Any Lib that tries to deny it is full of Crap. Obama himself told us if we passed it. By now we would only have 7% unemployment. Using his own standards it has been an utter failure.

Then you're taking the position that cutting taxes to stimulate the economy is a failed policy because almost half the stimulus has been tax cuts.

And more than half of it wasn't.
So it seems that not cutting taxes is failed policy.

There was a recession in 1980 as well. The economy was in Shambles after the Carter Malaise-Stagflation. The 1981-1982 recession was necessary to break double digit inflation. There is no compelling economic reason to "break" anything in a second recession now...unless it's the remaining Constitutional Protections preventing the American People from being turned into serfs of a new Totalitarian State.

And here in a nutshell is the difference between Reagan's and Obama's policies: Reagan's Made Things Better.

"There is no compelling economic reason to "break" anything in a second recession now"

The economy has added 2 million private sector jobs and lost a 1/2 million public sector jobs.

Isn't that the Republican wet dream?

Are you saying the deficit isn't a good reason?

Well, that is a bold statement.

The only strategies Republicans have to offer are "Cut Spending" and "Cut taxes".

Cutting government jobs is cutting spending.

And, since unlike in the Reagan years, thanks to our previous president, we are well past the point on the Laffer curve where cutting taxes would help anything, cutting taxes sure as hell isn't going to work.

So, tell me, what would YOU propose we do? Specifically?

No more criticisms, give some answers. You can't scream "deficit reduction", "lower taxes", and "jobs creation", at the same time. There is NO scenario where you can have all 3.

Unless you want to stop handing out Medicare and Social Security benefits altogether. Is that your plan? Let old people starve and die out?

Or, the stimulus wasn't large enough to effectively do anything... No that couldn't be it though, could it?

And taxes are already cut to the bone. We have a massive deficit, and more expenditures on the way in the form of millions of more old people.

So, which is it, no deficit or jobs?

Oh no, wait, there was one other idea the Republicans had to "help" the economy:

Stopping the debt ceiling from being raised!

Well, that's certainly going to help.

The economy has added 2 million private sector jobs and lost a 1/2 million public sector jobs.

The only strategies Republicans have to offer are "Cut Spending" and "Cut taxes".

And, since unlike in the Reagan years, thanks to our previous president, we are well past the point on the Laffer curve where cutting taxes would help anything, cutting taxes sure as hell isn't going to work.

No more criticisms, give some answers. You can't scream "deficit reduction", "lower taxes", and "jobs creation", at the same time. There is NO scenario where you can have all 3.

Unless you want to stop handing out Medicare and Social Security benefits altogether. Is that your plan? Let old people starve and die out?

1. The economy has not added 2M private sector jobs. Total Private Employment when Obama took office was 110,981K. In the May jobs report, it was 108,916. That is a LOSS of 2M private sector jobs. Private sector employment was 107,936 when the recession officiall ended. 1M private sector jobs have been created over 23 months. This averages less than 45K per month, which is 25% the level we need JUST TO KEEP UP WITH POPULATION GROWTH.

2. You might find people being out of work sexually arousing, but that is not a Conservative Kink. Get help.

3. What I think we should do (which I've posted numerous times over the past year)

- Reform the tax code with a low, flat rate and eliminate all deductions, penalties, credits, and other gimmicks designed to socially engineer society and engage in transfer payments.
- Descope the size of government down to the Core Constitutional functions, eliminating much of the regulatory bureaucracy which is essentially "captive" of the largest companies and organizations it regulates.
- Deregulate and focus on enforcement of laws against fraud, theft etc.
- Regarding national security, quit throwing our allies under the bus and kowtowing to our enemies.
- Get rid of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac.
- Reform SS and Medicare towards a fully privatized system over time (thus resolving the budget solvency issue and getting rid of Congress' ability to borrow the funds).

Or, the stimulus wasn't large enough to effectively do anything... No that couldn't be it though, could it?

And taxes are already cut to the bone. We have a massive deficit, and more expenditures on the way in the form of millions of more old people.

So, which is it, no deficit or jobs?

Estimates of what was needed were steadily revised upward until the $800B figure we had. To argue that it wasn't enough is like arguing that you need to dump more dollar bills down a bottomless pit to fill it up.

And speaking of cutting taxes:

20100203063534%21U.S._Federal_Receipts_-_FY_2007.png

U.S._Federal_Receipts_-_FY_2007.png

Uh. When Un and Underemployment is over 20%, TAX RECEIPTS FALL.

It's the JOBS STUPID. Which don't occur without ECONOMIC GROWTH.

And speaking of cutting taxes:

20100203063534%21U.S._Federal_Receipts_-_FY_2007.png

U.S._Federal_Receipts_-_FY_2007.png

How old are you?
The graph suggests that revenue is down because the economy is down. That is not related to tax levels at all.
Interestingly it also shows that the issue is spending. The difference is roughly $400B less. Yet the deficit is much much larger than that. So lower tax revenues don't account for the huge deficit.

He doesn't get that the tax rates in 2008 were the same as the ones in 2010.

There was a recession in 1980 as well. The economy was in Shambles after the Carter Malaise-Stagflation. The 1981-1982 recession was necessary to break double digit inflation. There is no compelling economic reason to "break" anything in a second recession now...unless it's the remaining Constitutional Protections preventing the American People from being turned into serfs of a new Totalitarian State.

And here in a nutshell is the difference between Reagan's and Obama's policies: Reagan's Made Things Better.

"There is no compelling economic reason to "break" anything in a second recession now"

he economy has added 2 million private sector jobs and lost a 1/2 million public sector jobs.

a) whats the time frame on that b) every month we need 140K for pop. expansion, c) so how many months is that 2 million spread over?

in addition found a cute little addendum over at zero hedge, did you know the BLS added +206k jobs in a monthly bus. birth/death employment adjustment in May?

Thanks Obama!

Wait so according to you, 450 Billion constitutes most of a 1.5 Trillion dollar Deficit?

Interesting math.

1. The economy has not added 2M private sector jobs. Total Private Employment when Obama took office was 110,981K. In the May jobs report, it was 108,916. That is a LOSS of 2M private sector jobs. Private sector employment was 107,936 when the recession officiall ended. 1M private sector jobs have been created over 23 months. This averages less than 45K per month, which is 25% the level we need JUST TO KEEP UP WITH POPULATION GROWTH.

Oh, I'm sorry, FIRST you wanted to talk about the period since the end of the recession, when it was useful for you to do so, and NOW you want to talk about the period since Obama took office.

2. You might find people being out of work sexually arousing, but that is not a Conservative Kink. Get help.

People being out of work in the public sector is in fact a sexual kink of conservatives. You people cream in your pants just thinking about firing federal workers.

3. What I think we should do (which I've posted numerous times over the past year)

- Reform the tax code with a low, flat rate and eliminate all deductions, penalties, credits, and other gimmicks designed to socially engineer society and engage in transfer payments.

Translation: Cut taxes.

- Descope the size of government down to the Core Constitutional functions, eliminating much of the regulatory bureaucracy which is essentially "captive" of the largest companies and organizations it regulates.

Translation: Cut spending, cut public sector jobs.

- Deregulate and focus on enforcement of laws against fraud, theft etc.

Translation: Let corporations do whatever they want, as long as they're not breaking pre-existing consumer and investor protection laws.

- Regarding national security, quit throwing our allies under the bus and kowtowing to our enemies.

Translation: More defense spending.

- Get rid of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac.

Translation: Make sure poor people can't get homes.

- Reform SS and Medicare towards a fully privatized system over time (thus resolving the budget solvency issue and getting rid of Congress' ability to borrow the funds).

And finally, Translation: kill old people.

Well, I think that about sums it up. Tell me, how is that different from what I said?

Forum List

Back