obama Threatens Social Security Checks

Hey, are you surprised?

It's a typical Chicago tactic, extortion, blackmail, threats, and if anything fails - murder.

That would be messing with fire. There is no way in hell this will occur. I hope it does because I'd like to see the carnage the unfolds, but it won't.

Like the post office, Social Security is separate from the government. The very worst is that people can't sign up.

Considering this a "teaching moment".

Wow, you right wingers just keep on going. Even when you know it's a lie. Weird.

obama intends to default. No matter what, he intends to default. He's already setting the stage. Default, tank the economy and blame republicans. There need not be a default of course because the government has income on a daily basis. Billions of dollars in income. They just want to indebt the country more.

I hate to say it, but----------Hitler, Mao, Castro, Chavez, Stalin, all came to power by destroying the economy and blaming the rich and businesses.

Obama is following the pattern of other radical dictators. and BTW, they all hated their countries as they were before they took over.

I found a red dot on my mail box the other day. Looks like I'm going to a FEMA camp when it all goes down.

Well you won't have to live there long. They still have all those deadly carcinogenic trailers Republicans tried to put survivors in left over from the Bush administration.

FEMA Trailers for Katrina Victims Tainted by Toxic Chemical - ABC News

Seem like Republicans are always trying to dream up new ways to torture and kill Americans. How did they get to much better than al Qaeda?

Social Security checks are paid out of incoming payroll tax revenue, but recently, also,

they are partly paid by drawing on interest earned by the Trust Fund investments.

That interest has to be paid out of the government's general fund; since we are borrowing about a third of what we're paying out of the general fund,

hitting the debt ceiling means we can't borrow that third of our spending anymore.

Therefore,

the government can't fully fund SS payouts after the debt ceiling is reached, unless something else is not paid.

The same applies in even greater amounts to Medicare.

Forum List

Back