Obama threatens Veto Unless Vets Pay More For Health Care

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Obama standing with our military again..

A veto of the defense authorization bill is threatened unless the president gets his way. He wants health care insurance premiums and co-pays increased for troops and scheduled military pay raises to be reduced.

Being used as photo-ops for presidential speeches and willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for your country apparently does not exempt our troops from the rising health care premiums that President Obama said, along with sea levels, would not rise under his administration. The next time a soldier hears "give me 50," it might be dollars and not push-ups.

The White House has threatened to veto the 2014 Defense Appropriations Act in part because it does not increase premiums and co-pays associated with Tricare, the Pentagon's in-house health system, and because it proposes a 1.8% pay increase instead of the 1% the administration demands.

Tricare, according to its website, "is the health care program serving Uniformed Service members, retirees and their families worldwide." As the administration pushes for higher health care costs for military personnel, the benefits of unionized civilian defense workers remain unscathed.

Obama Threatens Defense Bill Veto Unless Vets Pay More For Tricare - Investors.com

Obama standing with our military again..

A veto of the defense authorization bill is threatened unless the president gets his way. He wants health care insurance premiums and co-pays increased for troops and scheduled military pay raises to be reduced.

Being used as photo-ops for presidential speeches and willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for your country apparently does not exempt our troops from the rising health care premiums that President Obama said, along with sea levels, would not rise under his administration. The next time a soldier hears "give me 50," it might be dollars and not push-ups.

The White House has threatened to veto the 2014 Defense Appropriations Act in part because it does not increase premiums and co-pays associated with Tricare, the Pentagon's in-house health system, and because it proposes a 1.8% pay increase instead of the 1% the administration demands.

Tricare, according to its website, "is the health care program serving Uniformed Service members, retirees and their families worldwide." As the administration pushes for higher health care costs for military personnel, the benefits of unionized civilian defense workers remain unscathed.

Obama Threatens Defense Bill Veto Unless Vets Pay More For Tricare - Investors.com

He has already raised the rates of tricare once for the military (exempting federal workers). He intends to do it again? Funny, the unionized federal workers don't get an increase but the overwhelming republican voting military gets pounded with half the pay of the federal worker.

Go for it Mr. President and have fun explaining it at your next photo-op with "the troops".

I have already received notification that my Tricare Prime is going away on October 1. I, and every other retired vet in my area, received that notice months ago. We are all being placed into the more expensive Tricare Standard.

If you are a retired vet like me and want to know if your Tricare Prime is going away, you can type in your zip code at this link to find out: Current Topics - Changes to Prime Service Areas

Being recently retired myself I keep up with the ways we are getting screwed. The ultimate goal for us working age retirees is to price Tricare out of reach. They want us to enroll in the ACA exchanges. This will save the DoD loads of money. Healthcare expenditures are skyrocketing due to the wars and many vets being disabled.

Obama isn't going to fight for Military vets...

He understands that he didn't get a vat majority of their votes.

The Unions on the other hand, especially Government Unions...

Obama just loves shitting on the military.

Forum List

Back