Obama throws Bush under the bus......accuses him of torture

The Bush torture policy is certainly a low point in American history. But I question why POTUS elects to focus on that right now. I do not believe that now is the time to dredge up sins of the past and start apologizing for them. Ukraine, Gaza, the Mexican Border, Russia making overtures in Cuba, Venezuela, and Argentina, ... I'm not sure that an apologetic tone is the kind of positioning we need right now on the world stage.

Which is it. Obama's lying about Bush's crime, or Obama's refusing to do his duty as POTUS in directing the AG to prosecute Bush for his crime.

Bush was given a "Get out of Jail Free" card by Obama

Obama did not want to start his administration with trials digging up the horrific actions of the Bush administration.

Republicans are now trying to use that as a justification for their torture
Thats our Repub-voting brethren here. This is, in part, why they can't win national elections anymore :)

november 2014 and 2016 will prove you wrong-------sorry, but obama has destroyed the dem party for the next 20 or 30 years. Thanks for voting twice for the incompetent fraud. You have given new life to the GOP and the Teaparty.

The Bush torture policy is certainly a low point in American history. But I question why POTUS elects to focus on that right now. I do not believe that now is the time to dredge up sins of the past and start apologizing for them. Ukraine, Gaza, the Mexican Border, Russia making overtures in Cuba, Venezuela, and Argentina, ... I'm not sure that an apologetic tone is the kind of positioning we need right now on the world stage.

Waterboarding is NOT torture. It was done to 3 muslim terrorist pieces of shit. It may have saved thousands of american lives.

I cannot believe the partisan stupidity of you libtards.

Obama did not want to start his administration with trials digging up the horrific actions of the Bush administration.

Thats our Repub-voting brethren here. This is, in part, why they can't win national elections anymore :)

november 2014 and 2016 will prove you wrong-------sorry, but obama has destroyed the dem party for the next 20 or 30 years. Thanks for voting twice for the incompetent fraud. You have given new life to the GOP and the Teaparty.

Republicans are incapable of getting the 270 EV to win the White House

Obama will not serve in judgement of George Bush.........he will allow history to do that

Yep, and history will judge the failures of Obama------as it should.

That is true....and Obama will fare much better in the eyes of historians than Bush will

only in the eyes of stupid or biased historians. Real historians tell the truth and the truth is that obama is the worst president in the history of the USA---bar none.

Care to put a wager on that? say $5000.00 ?

Lets make it an even million. Here is my money

1MillionDollarBill01.gif

And conservatives would rather trust the "expertise" of Sean Hannity that waterboarding is just a little water up your nose.
The same Sean Hannity who ran away from his offer to be waterboarded

I would trust the opinion of a John McCain any day. He understands the physical and psychological impacts of torture while conservative chickenhawks giggle about "a little water"

OK so you're easily swayed. We get that.
Hey, if McCain had said that waterboarding was NOT torture, would you believe him?

Straw-meet-man

you are getting to be a better dancer than Dean RW....

There are no indictments. Now tell us whats the point of that question.

Which is it. Obama's lying about Bush's crime, or Obama's refusing to do his duty as POTUS in directing the AG to prosecute Bush for his crime.

Yet he did just that.
Holder opens investigation into CIA interrogations - Los Angeles Times

So why isnt Holder pressing charges? Where are the indictments?

because he also knows like EVERY President before him,if something happens in his Adm. he does not want the next Adm. to indict him....

If it was torture, torture is a crime, Einstein. If youhave a known crime then you have indictments. So where are the indictments?

Are you saying the lack of indictments means it didnt happen?

You're not very bright, are you?
Lack of indictments means there was no crime. If the Obama Administration thinks the Bush Administration officials committed torture then they think there was a crime. Ergo there should be indictments. But there are no indictments. So which is it?

If it was torture, torture is a crime, Einstein. If youhave a known crime then you have indictments. So where are the indictments?

Lack of indictments means there was no crime. If the Obama Administration thinks the Bush Administration officials committed torture then they think there was a crime. Ergo there should be indictments. But there are no indictments. So which is it?

its nothing but political posturing--------and everyone knows it.

1MillionDollarBill01.gif

that is about as worthless as one with obama's face on it. But I understand, you are real big when posting lies, but run like a scalded ass ape when pressed to back it up.

That million dollar bill is as valid as the promises of conservatives in the last election that they would leave this board forever if Romney lost

its nothing but political posturing--------and everyone knows it.

Bingo.jpg

That's all it is. Obama doesnt care about torture, waterboarding or anything else. Obama cares about his standing in the polls and his political image. Resurrecting this crap is meant to drive off all the negatives of his administration. Obama is the RDean of the political scene.

Waterboarding is NOT torture. It was done to 3 muslim terrorist pieces of shit. It may have saved thousands of american lives.

1) Waterboarding IS torture. The United States prosecuted Japanese soldiers for doing it to American soldiers in WW II.

2) A lot more than 3 people were waterboarded.

3) It saved NO American lives because the information gained was so unreliable (people will say ANYTHING they think you want to hear to stop torture) that many Americans gave their lives trying to verify all the false leads.

4) The fact that you think you can undermine my argument my calling me names underscores the weakness of your argument. I have voted Libertarian as many times as I have voted Democrat and I've voted Republican twice as many times as the others combined. I'm not anti-conservative. I'm anti-stupid. That means I have plenty of people to oppose on all points along the political spectrum.

1) Waterboarding IS torture. The United States prosecuted Japanese soldiers for doing it to American soldiers in WW II.

2) A lot more than 3 people were waterboarded.

3) It saved NO American lives because the information gained was so unreliable (people will say ANYTHING they think you want to hear to stop torture) that many Americans gave their lives trying to verify all the false leads.

4) The fact that you think you can undermine my argument my calling me names underscores the weakness of your argument. I have voted Libertarian as many times as I have voted Democrat and I've voted Republican twice as many times as the others combined. I'm not anti-conservative. I'm anti-stupid. That means I have plenty of people to oppose on all points along the political spectrum.

Mere assertion fallacy!
Rabbi Rules!

1MillionDollarBill01.gif

that is about as worthless as one with obama's face on it. But I understand, you are real big when posting lies, but run like a scalded ass ape when pressed to back it up.

That million dollar bill is as valid as the promises of conservatives in the last election that they would leave this board forever if Romney lost

Or that of several hollyloonies who were going to leave the country if Bush won.

You really need a new deflection line. This is your response about 10 times a day when you dont have an answer.

Lack of indictments means there was no crime.

False. Lack of indictments mean there were no indictments. Not that torture never happened. Do you know how many people have been victims of crimes that havent been reported or prosecuted? I guess that answer is zero since no indictments mean it never happened.

If the Obama Administration thinks the Bush Administration officials committed torture then they think there was a crime. Ergo there should be indictments. But there are no indictments. So which is it?

There are no indictments and torture is a crime. The better question is WHY isnt Obama handing down indictments? The answer is because the fucking Presidents protect previous presidents to cover THEIR own ass for when they themselves do some illegal shit in the name of the office.

Forum List

Back