Obama to Maduro : Extradite Snowden - Maduro : Go Flock Yourself

"Don't come lecturing us about liberty. You need a reality check. Don't act like a spoiled rude child. Here you will only find dignity and sovereignty. Here we haven't invaded anyone. Here we don't torture like in Guantanamo. Here we don't have drones killing alleged terrorist without any due trial, killing also the women and children of those supposed terrorists. So don't come lecturing us about life, law, dignity, or liberty. You don't have the moral right to do so."

RAFAEL CORREA, ECUADORIAN PRESIDENT

Sad that we have sunk so far that they can say those things. They are all true, that is the really sad part.

Sad that we have sunk so far that they can say those things. They are all true, that is the really sad part.

I lived through the cold war period when soviet citizens used to come to us for asylum. Now things have reversed.

"Don't come lecturing us about liberty. You need a reality check. Don't act like a spoiled rude child. Here you will only find dignity and sovereignty. Here we haven't invaded anyone. Here we don't torture like in Guantanamo. Here we don't have drones killing alleged terrorist without any due trial, killing also the women and children of those supposed terrorists. So don't come lecturing us about life, law, dignity, or liberty. You don't have the moral right to do so."

World Report 2013: Ecuador | Human Rights Watch
Ecuador: Case sets poor precedent for the right to protest | Amnesty International
Ecuador Human Rights | Amnesty International USA
Ecuador: dubious human rights record of country considering Julian Assange asylum - Telegraph

Politics really does make strange bedfellows!

And yet another foreign leader Conservatives are pledging their allegiance too.

Let's see.

Putin.
Netanyahu.
Correa.

How did does this rabbit hole go? Is Ortega next in this Conservative lovefest?

Despot speaks:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=binMjEiS8AY]Chavez calls Bush 'the devil' in his speech at the UN G.A. - YouTube[/ame]

Liberal response:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX1lBOxoJeU]Rangel Responds to Chavez - YouTube[/ame]

HUH? WTF?

My concern is for patriotic hero Ed Snowden.

Do I prefer that he be in Venezuela than Gitmo? Yes

Do I prefer that he be in Ecuador rather than in a US supermax? Yes.

Do I prefer that he be in Bolivia rather than see him subjected to Kangaroo Court proceedings? Yes.

HUH? WTF?

Do I prefer that he be in Bolivia rather than see him subjected to Kangaroo Court proceedings? Yes.

So Snowden and Manning.

Man you guys do choose your heroes rather carefully.

:lol:

HUH? WTF?

So Snowden and Manning.

And in your eyes a black can do no wrong. It is just that simple

Ed Snowden chose Ecuador rather than a burned out car like Michael Hastings or a heart attack like Andrew Brietbart or even flat out arsenic like Brietbart's coroner. It was very smart of him.

HUH? WTF?

So Snowden and Manning.

Marty-McFly-Confused-In-Back-To-The-Future-Gif.gif

World Report 2013: Ecuador | Human Rights Watch
Ecuador: Case sets poor precedent for the right to protest | Amnesty International
Ecuador Human Rights | Amnesty International USA
Ecuador: dubious human rights record of country considering Julian Assange asylum - Telegraph

Politics really does make strange bedfellows!

Let's see.

Putin.
Netanyahu.
Correa.

Who here is ‘in a love fest’ with that dog?

The statements he made are bullshit. You do NOT talk about your fellow leaders like that unless you are enemies or have other reasons to be critical. Unfortunately, they are true and THAT is the real problem. America has essentially lost the ‘moral highroad’ here. How can gallivant around the world like we do acting like the police and setting up governments when we are fucking over our own rights and freedoms right here at home. We are NOT the terrorists but shit, that line is getting harder to spot by the day.

Yes, that would be the proper response when other governments attack the president. Unfortunately, that really has no bearing on this topic.

Of worthy note, the passage did NOT attack Obama. It attacked our recent actions which are open to that. I will be the first to say here that other national leaders attacking Obama is fucking garbage and republicans that are using that to score ‘points’ are scum. Still no bearing on this though.

I never sympathize with corrupt communist dictators like Maduro or the late Chavez. Heck, I can't wait for their regime to crumble.

But this time I'm actually glad one of them told Obama to take a hike.

Forum List

Back