🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama to propose end of NSA sweeps

obama can say anything he likes, and usually does. It's just that he doesn't normally tell the truth.

LOL

You think we need some new law to prevent the people who didn't obey the Constitution from breaking the law?

obama-hypnosis.gif

"If you like the new law reinforcing your 4th Amendment right to privacy, you can keep it. Period"

crusaderfrank-albums-pds-victims-picture1902-avatar20296-9-gif.jpg

Hahaha fish food for the guppies. Some people will believe anything it seems.

Anyone remember this oldie but goodie? "I will pass immigration reform in my first year"

Course after he won with a willing congress he dropped the issue like a worn out sock.... until the next election cycle that is.

Obama to Propose Ending NSA's Phone Call Sweep - ABC News

The White House wants the National Security Agency to get out of the business of sweeping up and storing vast amounts of data on Americans' phone calls.

The Obama administration this week is expected to propose that Congress overhaul the electronic surveillance program by having phone companies hold onto the call records as they do now, according to a government official briefed on the proposal. The New York Times first reported the details of the proposal Monday night. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to discuss the plan.

The White House proposal would end the government's practice of sweeping up the phone records of millions of Americans and holding onto those records for five years so the numbers can be searched for national security purposes. Instead, the White House is expected to propose that the phone records be kept for 18 months, as the phone companies are already required to do by federal regulation, and that it be able to preserve its ability to see certain records in specific circumstances approved by a judge.

According to a senior administration official, the president will present "a sound approach to ensuring the government no longer collects or holds this data, but still ensures that the government has access to the information it needs to meet the national security needs his team has identified." The administration official spoke late Monday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to publicly discuss the proposal before it was officially announced.

Sounds a plan to me! Anybody not in favor?

"Create A Problem, Solve The Problem"

It's the oldest game in the 'protection rackets' books.

Not at all surprising that dimocrap scum would use it.

Here's how it works: An entrepreneurial person opens a business in a part of the Country infested with criminals.... Pick any dimocrap-scum run City.... New Yawk Shitty, Chicago, Philthydelphia.... Any of them.

The local mob sends its boys around to rob the guy a couple times. Beats him up a couple more, shakes down his customers, etc.

Then the dimocrap scum Mob guy stops in and says, "Look, Guido. We can stop this from happening but it will cost you 10% of your gross."

What choice does Guido have? None. Well, that's not true.... He can fold up, go out of business and move to an area where we regard dimocrap scum for what they -- The scum of the earth.

But those places are usually far from family, friends, etc.

But a lot of people do it. REALLY a lot of people.

Look at what States are growing... NOT Blue States.

I'm just wondering what the lying cocksucker in chief will want in return.

I'm sure he'll want something. Wait and see.

The Mob, dimocraps....? Same thing :dunno:

Obama to Propose Ending NSA's Phone Call Sweep - ABC News

The White House wants the National Security Agency to get out of the business of sweeping up and storing vast amounts of data on Americans' phone calls.

The Obama administration this week is expected to propose that Congress overhaul the electronic surveillance program by having phone companies hold onto the call records as they do now, according to a government official briefed on the proposal. The New York Times first reported the details of the proposal Monday night. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to discuss the plan.

The White House proposal would end the government's practice of sweeping up the phone records of millions of Americans and holding onto those records for five years so the numbers can be searched for national security purposes. Instead, the White House is expected to propose that the phone records be kept for 18 months, as the phone companies are already required to do by federal regulation, and that it be able to preserve its ability to see certain records in specific circumstances approved by a judge.

According to a senior administration official, the president will present "a sound approach to ensuring the government no longer collects or holds this data, but still ensures that the government has access to the information it needs to meet the national security needs his team has identified." The administration official spoke late Monday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to publicly discuss the proposal before it was officially announced.

Sounds a plan to me! Anybody not in favor?

Propose? That means he can drag it out as long as he wants.

If he's serious about it, he has a pen and a phone right?....... :thup:

Congress hasn't gone along with much of what the president wants. It's in their court.

This is another thing they won't do, but blame Obama for..

:mad:

Obama has a pen & a phone, he doesn't need congress. Or so he says
The sad part about this is the fact that in this instance, this is completely true. There is no law whatsoever that requires or asks the NSA to record and store all phone data. None. That is an executive creation and can be ended by Obama at any time.

Any guesses as to why he is willing to take so much on including the changing of law where his ability to do so is in question but here when it is obvious that he has the power he chooses not to execute it…

Congress hasn't gone along with much of what the president wants. It's in their court.

Yes, display that faux outrage about something that Obama can accomplish but is going to blame the republicans for anyway. Obama is the current figurehead of government and that means he bears ultimate responsibility for what occurs. Period.

I know that the partisans such as yourself really want to blame everything on the republicans while giving him a complete pass on, well, everything but it is not going to fly. Responsibility lies with him, end of story.

I'm in favor of tne proposal. I'm waiting for the opposition to start screaming about how this would be a "win" for the terrlrists and dangerously weaken us.

But it would be very difficult for the GOP to line up against this and therein lies the real play here. The Republicans can either get on board and give Obama and the Democrats a popular "win" or they can try to block the measure and get beat up for it.

I'm in favor of tne proposal. I'm waiting for the opposition to start screaming about how this would be a "win" for the terrlrists and dangerously weaken us.

But it would be very difficult for the GOP to line up against this and therein lies the real play here. The Republicans can either get on board and give Obama and the Democrats a popular "win" or they can try to block the measure and get beat up for it.

Lol

Sucker number?

All he has to do is use the fucking pen he threatened us with. Course he WONT cause he's all bluster.

Obama and Val Jarrett are already a huge win for the terrorists

We don't need no stinking NSA.

Not with crackerjack law enforcement agencies like this on the ball

Report: Russia Warned U.S. Tamerlan Tsarnaev Was Training In Jihadist Camps In Dagestan, Missed Multiple Chances To Detain Him Because Name Was Misspelled…

images

Doesn’t inspire much faith in the government when a simple misspelling lets a jihadist slip through the cracks.

Via NBC News:

The Russian government warned U.S. authorities that Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev was a violent radical Islamist more than a year and a half before the April 2013 bombing, but authorities missed multiple chances to detain Tsarnaev when he was traveling to and from Dagestan for terror training, according to a soon-to-be released Congressional report.

In one instance, according to the report prepared by investigators for the House Homeland Security Committee and copies of documents reviewed by NBC News, Tsarnaev was supposed to be pulled aside for questioning at JFK airport because he was considered potentially armed and dangerous, but he slipped through undetected because someone had misspelled his last name in a security database.

“This sounds like a huge hole and an opportunity missed,” said Ed Davis, who was Boston’s chief of police at the time of the Marathon bombing.

NBC News has reviewed a copy of the report and copies of documents referenced in the report and constructed a timeline that shows how Russia warned the U.S. and what the U.S. did, and didn’t do, in response.

In March 2011, the FSB, the Russian intelligence agency that arose from the remnants of the KGB, sent a cable to the FBI with its concerns about Tamerlan Tsarnaev and the Tsarnaev family. By then, the Tsarnaevs, a Muslim family of mixed Chechen ancestry, had been living in Massachusetts for almost a decade. Tamerlan, born in 1986, had attended a local high school, married an American and become an amateur boxer.

We need a new law because Obama won't uphold the 4th Amendment?

LOL

Bush's Fault, right?

This is no doubt when it started.

"News reports in December 2005 first revealed that the National Security Agency (NSA) has been intercepting Americans’ phone calls and Internet communications. Those news reports, combined with a USA Today story in May 2006 and the statements of several members of Congress, revealed that the NSA is also receiving wholesale copies of American's telephone and other communications records. All of these surveillance activities are in violation of the privacy safeguards established by Congress and the US Constitution."

https://www.eff.org/nsa-spying

That said, it's not like the public doesn't or shouldn't know that there is a huge surveillance network in this country watching and recording everything they can about everybody.

Here's something you might find interesting.

https://thedaywefightback.org/obama-scorecard/

I'm willing to bet that most of the Democrats praising Obama for his proposal were calling Snowden a traitor when he revealed these practices in the first place.

I'm also willing to bet a Republican controlled Congress won't go along with his proposal anyways.

Guess what, folks? Both sides are playing you.

You are going to be waiting for a long time.

I note that almost no one actually stands by the NSA’s surveillance. One of the few supporters has been the White House.

I note that almost no one actually stands by the NSA’s surveillance. One of the few supporters has been the White House.

Much of the surveillance started under the Bush administration, and a Republican congress has already blocked measures to increase oversight. There are far too few politicians on both sides who truely oppose what the NSA is doing.

Much of the surveillance started under the Bush administration, and a Republican congress has already blocked measures to increase oversight. There are far too few politicians on both sides who truely oppose what the NSA is doing.
Don’t get me wrong, Bush started this with the PA – a travesty of a law. It will grow indefinitely until it is put out of its existence as well. I was not stating that the government was really against such initiatives but nodog stated:
I'm waiting for the opposition to start screaming about how this would be a "win" for the terrlrists and dangerously weaken us.
And to be quite frank, I don’t think such is really going to happen. Perhaps one or two republicans might be foolish enough (they tend to eat their own shoe more often than the democrats) but the fact is that the measures the NSA have taken are EXTREMELY unpopular with the people. Because of this, no politician within their right mind is going to make that argument – it will haunt them for years if they last past this one.

I point out that the WH supported the NAS because they are the ones supposedly pushing this new idea. It is just a political game to appease the masses before the election. It is also why Obama did not simply make this happen as this IS something that can be accomplished with a simple EO. The program does not exist as a matter of law and therefore does not take a law to change. He punted though which is only to put the heat on congressional republicans. Now, if they vote for the bill (that neither party really wants to pass and that just moves the burden to the phone companies rather than actually eliminating it) then he can claim victory. If they do not vote he will thrash them in the media with stopping the bill. Unfortunately, the media is unlikely to report on the fact that the bill is more of a political ploy than anything but you really can never expect a complete picture from them anyway.

Forum List

Back