Obama Vetting Career Public Defender for SCOTUS?

Yo, waste of time, the Democrats would do the same thing the Republicans are going to do, nothing! "POLITICS"

"GTP"
View attachment 65812
I think you're right about the politics part. What if Kelly is the best candidate for the job?

Yo, you get it yet? None!

"GTP"
6a0120a4fee4fe970b0120a6a4ef22970c-800wi
Trump is leading the race BECAUSE the GOP wasn't the party of NO.

"The White House is vetting federal appellate judge Jane Kelly as a potential nominee to the Supreme Court, The New York Times reported Wednesday..."

"A career public defender, Kelly was backed by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who now serves as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The Iowa Republican praised Kelly during her 2013 confirmation hearing. He cited a glowing endorsement letter from 8th Circuit Judge David Hansen, who is close with Grassley and for whom Kelly previously clerked.

“'Every sentence of it speaks highly of your work,' he said. 'In that letter, he states that Ms. Kelly has practiced law in an exemplary fashion. … Judge Hansen concludes that she will be a welcome addition to the court, if confirmed, and I have a great deal of confidence in Judge Hansen.'”
WH vetting appellate judge Jane Kelly for SCOTUS: report
Ready for the bad news?
"Jane Louise Kelly was born in 1964 to Richard and Judith C. Kelly,[2] and raised in Greencastle, Indiana. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree summa cum laude, in 1987, from Duke University, and her Juris Doctorcum laude from Harvard Law School, in 1991.[2] Her graduating class included Barack Obama, who became the 44th President of the United States.[2]"
Jane L. Kelly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I have warned MY Senator, Chuck Grassley, to not consider any Obama nominee. Kelly is probably a whore anyway.
Why did your senator endorse her for the Eighth Circuit?
Does that make him a pimp?

Likely Supreme Court Nominee Judge Jane Kelly Is a True Moderate
"Kelly may have the best chance of any nominee: she was confirmed to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals in 2013 by a 96-0 vote; she is from Iowa, home state of Republican Charles Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Chair; and Grassley himself has praised her effusively in the past.

"All that may make it harder for Grassley to honor his pledge not to hold hearings on a potential Supreme Court Justice, in defiance of custom and constitutional law.

"But what does Judge Kelly believe?

"There’s not much to go on. Prior to becoming a judge, Jane Kelly served as a public defender for 17 years, which afforded few opportunities for making public statements on the finer points of jurisprudence.

"But she has been an appellate court judge for the past three years, and during that time has written 82 opinions for the court. Over the past week, I have read and reviewed all of them. And what emerges is, as her reputation suggests, a moderate, thoughtful jurist without ideological biases, though with a slight tilt to the conservative side of some issues.

A vagina is no longer enough.

Unless, of course, the vagina is made from formerly male parts but even then, if said vagina is not surgically attached to a black or, perhaps, Hispanic body then no Democrat would vote for approval. Republicans? Perhaps as a joke....a few....just to make sure it was Democrat votes that sunk the tub.

Yo, waste of time, the Democrats would do the same thing the Republicans are going to do, nothing! "POLITICS"

"GTP"
View attachment 65812
I think you're right about the politics part. What if Kelly is the best candidate for the job?
. She has to be a conservative to replace Scalia.
Where is that mentioned in the Constitution? Scalia advanced the corporate agenda for four decades, so many would argue it's time to revisit decisions like Citizens United.

"GTP"
View attachment 65812

"GTP"
I thought Trump wasn't sufficiently conservative for Republicans?

It's not happening so get used to it now. this guy will be around the for the next sitting President in EIGHT months time

I don't know what it scarier...

... You think Jane Kelly is a guy.

........ That you don't know the election is in 8 month and the President is sworn in in 10 months.

..............Might believe that the President is sworn in on election day.

..................You vote.

>>>>

"GTP"
View attachment 65812

"GTP"

Yo, you mean the Establishment GOP!

"GTP"
737d9554e0a3acd3cb3215db3046-should-ted-cruz-run-for-president-in-2016.jpg

"The White House is vetting federal appellate judge Jane Kelly as a potential nominee to the Supreme Court, The New York Times reported Wednesday..."

"A career public defender, Kelly was backed by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), who now serves as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The Iowa Republican praised Kelly during her 2013 confirmation hearing. He cited a glowing endorsement letter from 8th Circuit Judge David Hansen, who is close with Grassley and for whom Kelly previously clerked.

“'Every sentence of it speaks highly of your work,' he said. 'In that letter, he states that Ms. Kelly has practiced law in an exemplary fashion. … Judge Hansen concludes that she will be a welcome addition to the court, if confirmed, and I have a great deal of confidence in Judge Hansen.'”
Ready for the bad news?
"Jane Louise Kelly was born in 1964 to Richard and Judith C. Kelly,[2] and raised in Greencastle, Indiana. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree summa cum laude, in 1987, from Duke University, and her Juris Doctorcum laude from Harvard Law School, in 1991.[2] Her graduating class included Barack Obama, who became the 44th President of the United States.[2]"
Beware_of_RINO.jpg

"GTP"
View attachment 65812
Where is that mentioned in the Constitution? Scalia advanced the corporate agenda for four decades, so many would argue it's time to revisit decisions like Citizens United.

Yo, don`t forget your Parties favorite? Abortion, The Baby Killing Party Democrats!

"GTP"
animated-love-smiley.png

Ready for the bad news?
I have warned MY Senator, Chuck Grassley, to not consider any Obama nominee. Kelly is probably a whore anyway.

Wow. "Kelly is probably a whore anyway". Republicans should definitely run with that.

"GTP"
View attachment 65812

Yo, don`t forget your Parties favorite? Abortion, The Baby Killing Party Democrats!

"GTP"
View attachment 65944
when_does_life_begin_meme.jpg

Clean up your own house.

"GTP"
View attachment 65812

"GTP"
View attachment 65944

Clean up your own house.

Yo, read your post? Illegal? Undocumented? Same Shit, Different Day! You ever hear Obama say we are a Country of Laws? That was after the Supreme Court went his way, it will be the last time you hear him say that, so enjoy!

"GTP"
5D-DIY-Diamond-Painting-font-b-Indians-b-font-font-b-Indian-b-font-font-b.jpg

Ready for the bad news?

Wow. "Kelly is probably a whore anyway". Republicans should definitely run with that.
Republicans can always find something to WHINE about:
"In Peterson v. Kopp, Judge Kelly wrote an opinion granting immunity to an arresting officer for most of his actions, but not for pepper-spraying a defendant who asked to see his badge. That, Judge Kelly wrote, was a First Amendment violation. And in Ziesmer v. Hagen, the appeals court overturned a lower court opinion and allowed a police officer to be sued for injuring someone pulled over at a roadside stop, in an arrest that led to no criminal charges. In these cases, one might imagine a more conservative judge siding with police."
Luckily, Trump's about to fix that little problem.

"GTP"
View attachment 65812

"GTP"
View attachment 65944

Clean up your own house.

The threshold for citizenship are those born in the US. So probably not.

Ready for the bad news?
Why did your senator endorse her for the Eighth Circuit?
Does that make him a pimp?

"Kelly may have the best chance of any nominee: she was confirmed to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals in 2013 by a 96-0 vote; she is from Iowa, home state of Republican Charles Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Chair; and Grassley himself has praised her effusively in the past.

"All that may make it harder for Grassley to honor his pledge not to hold hearings on a potential Supreme Court Justice, in defiance of custom and constitutional law.

"But what does Judge Kelly believe?

"There’s not much to go on. Prior to becoming a judge, Jane Kelly served as a public defender for 17 years, which afforded few opportunities for making public statements on the finer points of jurisprudence.

"But she has been an appellate court judge for the past three years, and during that time has written 82 opinions for the court. Over the past week, I have read and reviewed all of them. And what emerges is, as her reputation suggests, a moderate, thoughtful jurist without ideological biases, though with a slight tilt to the conservative side of some issues.
Approving a judge for the circuit court isn't the same as approving them for the Supreme Court when it's Obama making the nomination. Obama picked two judges and he wasn't opposed. That's enough. He boycotted Alito's nomination because he would be chosen in an election year. We're going to do the same to Obama. No judges will be interviewed or picked.

"GTP"
View attachment 65812
Citizens United was the greatest judicial decision made in this country. As for judge picks, Democrats demanded a Thurgood Marshall type would be picked instead of Clarence Thomas.

Wait for the next president.

And pick this guy...

CVtj2OpWwAIKGNt.jpg

Forum List

Back