Obama violates the Constitution!! The Emoluments Clause! ZOMG!

He accepted the Nobel Prize!

He's selling books to foreign countries!

51eBALPOdUL._UY250_.jpg

(Note the Hysterical Liberal Title)

Lets get real for a moment shall we?

The lawmakers allege Trump’s business dealings have repeatedly violated the emolument clause, which prohibits those in federal office from accepting any payments or gifts from foreign governments without first seeking the “consent” of Congress.

Democrats' Emoluments Lawsuit Against Trump Can Go Forward, Judge Says | HuffPost
OMG trump made 20 bucks from a sultan staying in his hotel! Impeach!
While we are at it, lets do something about obamas state dept buying 10s of thousands of copies his book while he was POTUS.
You think you can stay in a 1st class hotel in D.C. for $20?

Oh brother. Can you provide a link because this is the first I'm hearing about Obama's book.

Like, I can show you this: A federal judge said Tuesday a lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump of violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause could go forward, rejecting an effort by the White House to get the case thrown out.

Democrats' Emoluments Lawsuit Against Trump Can Go Forward, Judge Says | HuffPost

I bet your claim was laughed out of the courts.
Its not a claim, its fact. It never made it to the courts because nobody gave a shit till now.
Disingenuous hacks

Liar. You guys went after Obama no matter how small the offense. So full of shit. Hypocrites. Intellectually dishonest douchebag.
Im not GOP you raving fuckin lunatic.

Liar. If you aren't in the GOP you are their biggest ally or cheerleader.
Do i defend the GOP or individuals from lies and disingenuous bullshit?
I defended obama and cankles too. Am i their cheerleaders?
You retarded, tunnel vision dumbfuck?
I’m not a democrat

Its not a claim, its fact. It never made it to the courts because nobody gave a shit till now.
Disingenuous hacks

Liar. You guys went after Obama no matter how small the offense. So full of shit. Hypocrites. Intellectually dishonest douchebag.

I’m not a democrat
I know. You told the class you are a republican now

51eBALPOdUL._UY250_.jpg

The lawmakers allege Trump’s business dealings have repeatedly violated the emolument clause, which prohibits those in federal office from accepting any payments or gifts from foreign governments without first seeking the “consent” of Congress.

Good thing Russia didn’t give Trump $50M in exchange for American uranium.

Russia already has uranium. Are you worried about Russia getting their hands on nuclear technology? LOL.

https://thebulletin.org/2019/04/the...ell-nuclear-reactors-to-saudi-arabia-but-why/

The Trump administration is eager to sell nuclear reactors to Saudi Arabia. But why?
Russia needed uranium. Thanks to Hill

That's the best comeback you have to the fact Trump is trying to sell nuclear technology to crazy fucking Saudi Arabia?
Why are you opposed to green energy? Only 10 years left for humanity to live and you’re cheerleading for fossil fuels.

51eBALPOdUL._UY250_.jpg

This is an example of how stupid the Trump people really are.

There was never a problem with Trump doing business in Russia. The problem was he lied about it. Was it included in his financial disclosure form?

Russia already has uranium. Are you worried about Russia getting their hands on nuclear technology? LOL.

https://thebulletin.org/2019/04/the...ell-nuclear-reactors-to-saudi-arabia-but-why/

The Trump administration is eager to sell nuclear reactors to Saudi Arabia. But why?

That's the best comeback you have to the fact Trump is trying to sell nuclear technology to crazy fucking Saudi Arabia?
Why are you opposed to green energy? Only 10 years left for humanity to live and you’re cheerleading for fossil fuels.

So you think the NGD says humanity ends in ten years?

Oh brother. Can you provide a link because this is the first I'm hearing about Obama's book.

Like, I can show you this: A federal judge said Tuesday a lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump of violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause could go forward, rejecting an effort by the White House to get the case thrown out.

I bet your claim was laughed out of the courts.
Disingenuous hacks

When have you defended Obama or any Democrat?

51eBALPOdUL._UY250_.jpg

How many books did Soros, Chavez, Maduro and Obama's Islamic Iranian Mullahs buy?

Don't forget GE. Why else do you think GE pays no taxes?

So then what do you suppose these companies did for Trump?

Twice as many companies paying zero taxes under Trump tax bill

Twice as many companies are paying zero taxes under Trump's tax plan. So stop crying about GE and Soros. Trump is giving the rich and powerful everything.
"GE GE GE OMG OMG OMG GE OMG OMG OMG"

GE paid no taxes because of huge losses suffered in their finance division. All legal by tax law. Which party is always helping corporate America?

51eBALPOdUL._UY250_.jpg

How do you know they didn't?

Disingenuous hacks

When have you defended Obama or any Democrat?
First thing that pops in my mind is benghazi but there were others. Just not many

Your Presidential hopeful says it. Are he and your party leader AOC liars?

51eBALPOdUL._UY250_.jpg

Because it was Martians.
Dumbass.

51eBALPOdUL._UY250_.jpg

Even if they gave Donald Trump's son or business associate $50 million they would still claim Donald is clean.

And Donald is clearly good at getting people under him to get their hands dirty so he doesn't have to.

Did trump violate the emoluments clause?

Treasury confirms it received check for Trump Organization foreign profits

It appears he didnt keep any of the money from foreign governments made through his hotels. He gave the money to the u.s. treasury.

What do we make of this?

There is no transparency as to how much money they donated, how they arrived at that number, how profits were calculated, or where the profits came from. As we have pointed out before, their plan, even if fully implemented, is woefully insufficient. There is no independent oversight or accountability. We’re being asked to take their word for it.

Would you take Obama's word for it?

The attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia are suing Trump and his company over the receipt of foreign payments, arguing it violates the Constitution.

How come Republicans don't know this is unconstitutional?

emoluments clause, also called the foreign emoluments clause, is a provision of the U.S. Constitution (Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 8) that generally prohibits federal officeholders from receiving any gift, payment, or other thing of value from a foreign state or its rulers, officers, or representatives.

Book sales when he leaves office is not an issues, it really is no different from paid speeches given by all past presidents.

The key working is foreign state

Nobel peace prize is not from a foreign state, rulers,officer or reps

Besides all prize money was given to charity

made good on a promise to give his $1.4 million in Nobel Peace Prize money to charity, releasing on Thursday the names of the organizations that will benefit.

Trump and his children who he has appointed as officeholders are in deep do-do

His daughter has been given 16 patents by the Chinese government and she is an advisor to Trump and she flies to foreign countries in government airplanes paid by the taxpayers

Your Presidential hopeful says it. Are he and your party leader AOC liars?
Actually they don't.

They say we need to act withon a 10-=12 year span to prevent serious issues decades down the road.

If you actually had a brain, you would understand that it takes decades for the Earth to remove excess CO2 from the atmosphere & we need to start reducing now to prevent more build up of greenhouse gases.

Kind of like quitting smoking now because it takes many many years for your body to recover from the damages done.

51eBALPOdUL._UY250_.jpg

Even if they gave Donald Trump's son or business associate $50 million they would still claim Donald is clean.

And Donald is clearly good at getting people under him to get their hands dirty so he doesn't have to.
Like a mob boss.

51eBALPOdUL._UY250_.jpg

Because it was Martians.
Dumbass.
That is a relief,. For a minute I thought you were going to repeat the lie about Hillary & uranium.

Did trump violate the emoluments clause?

Treasury confirms it received check for Trump Organization foreign profits

It appears he didnt keep any of the money from foreign governments made through his hotels. He gave the money to the u.s. treasury.

What do we make of this?

There is no transparency as to how much money they donated, how they arrived at that number, how profits were calculated, or where the profits came from. As we have pointed out before, their plan, even if fully implemented, is woefully insufficient. There is no independent oversight or accountability. We’re being asked to take their word for it.

Would you take Obama's word for it?

The attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia are suing Trump and his company over the receipt of foreign payments, arguing it violates the Constitution.

How come Republicans don't know this is unconstitutional?

You are correct, the numbers are unverified, however, we dont know what that means. I suppose clarification is needed by the treasury. However, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume the payments are a complete reversal of those monies? Why would the trump organization only turn over part of the money?

The fact that they turned over any money shows they were concerned that it would be a problem for them, so if they knew that, it would stand to reason they would refund all of it, to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

Would I take Obama's word for it? Had you asked me that a couple of months ago, or even a few weeks ago, I would have probably argued the point, however, as if late, I am seeing that this hyper partisanship that exists within both political parties is not beneficial for anyone. In fact, its damaging to everyone. Look at usmb on any given day, its filled with nothing but fighting, accusations, denying, and bickering.

We are never going to find any common ground as long as we are so partisan that we cannot recognize the faults in our own party. So, now I'm trying to look past the partisanship and find the truth. The truth is, we have a problem in Washington, and it's not limited to one party or the other. Both are equally to blame.

If we want to ever have hope of regaining dignity and integrity in our government, we need to hold our own party accountable and be fair in looking at accusations of the opposite party.

Sadly, I dont think this is possible, because everybody wants their party to win, even if it means attacking the opposing party with unfounded accusations. We are also going to defend our own parties by denying, shifting blame, and attacking the other side.

The problem mostly stems from a super partisan media. They are the ones who, ultimately, are to blame for the division we see in the country. I say this because, we as Americans only know what is going on in the world, by the media that delivers it to us. Every media organization has it's own spin on every story they tell. We, as listeners, are going to run to whatever media aligns with our own political ideology. Because of this, we are constantly fed whatever it is that they want us to hear. Most of the time, it's how they are "the truth", and the other side is lying. Then people come to this forum and say "were right, and the other side is lying".

Take the Mueller report, for example. I'm going to guess that most people haven't even read it, they just get the sound bites from whatever media organization they listen to, and that becomes their belief, and then they come here to argue about it.

I'll be honest, I'm guilty of it myself, so, now, I'll say, I dont know what to believe. I really don't have time to sit down and read a 400 page report, that is likely written in legalize, and I won't understand it anyway, and I know the only way I'm going to hear about it is through whatever media I listen to. I don't trust them.

So, my take on it now is, I want to hear Mueller testify. I want to hear what HE says his report says. Unfortunately, even that wont really suffice, because we dont know what his personal agenda is, and, the only way we can dissect it is through some lawyer on TV explaining the legal nuances. I'm no lawyer, so when someone starts talking about legal affairs, I have to rely on others who have that kind of knowledge and experience to translate for me.

Again, however, it's hard to trust anyone because we have become so divided as a nation, that even those lawyers will likely give THEIR interpretation.

I apologize, maybe I've become a bit cynical, it's just that I see what is happening in this country, and in think we are too far beyond the point of coming together again. There is just too much divisiveness and partisanship going on in the political world.

Forum List

Back