Obama vows job creation without adding to deficit

What items did you have in mind that aren't taken into account?

Food and energy.

They're part of the Headline number...the All-Items CPI-U. They're also in the All items CPI-W, which is used to calculate SS COLA.

The so-called Core-CPI (all items less food and energy) is a seperate index and is always specifically referred to as Core.

The chart posted was All Items and includes food and energy.

Course the chart doesn't exactly spell that out.

It has nothing to do with the way the Obama Administration reports inflation. But you probablyknew that.

Food and energy.

They're part of the Headline number...the All-Items CPI-U. They're also in the All items CPI-W, which is used to calculate SS COLA.

The so-called Core-CPI (all items less food and energy) is a seperate index and is always specifically referred to as Core.

The chart posted was All Items and includes food and energy.

Course the chart doesn't exactly spell that out.
It says "Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: All Items" How much more spelled out do you need that to be?

It has nothing to do with the way the Obama Administration reports inflation. But you probablyknew that.
Well, the Administration doesn't report inflation; the Bureau of Labor Statistics does. And I'm not sure what you mean by "the way" they do it, especially as you seem to have been unaware that the main CPI number does and always has included food and energy. I don't know what misconceptions you may have in mind.

I'll say one thing, Obama DOES know how to increase jobs and profits in the guns and ammo industry.

And as the Government continues to grow your wallet will continue to shrink.

Forum List

Back