Obama vs. Nixon - who is the bigger crook?

I'll ask you again..how? I'll put Vietnam aside for now.

Lets get into specifics.

Like when Nixon issued an executive order to freeze the wages of every American.

Or how about Spiro Agnew having to resign because of the multiple crimes he committed?

You guys hate the EPA, right? That was Nixon.

So go for it.
How did Agnew's crimes in Maryland really affect nearly every American?
He was a crook.....simple as that.

I said it before....I couldn't stand Nixon because I was a liberal back then.
Nixon tried to fight off inflation with the use of the freeze....yes, it froze wages, but also prices. Turned out he was wrong, and it was temporary.

Obama not only mandating insurance but just what kind of insurance Americans can buy with higher deductibles and higher premiums for most.....going forward? Yes, Obama still wins the booby prize.

The EPA was a good thing and we needed it, but it has been morphed with executive orders by Obama to bypass congress.

You people are really against big government intrusion when it was a republican, but you condone big government when it's a democrat. just an observation

How is a law passed by a democratically elected government a crime?

Obama has committed no crimes.

Go back to page 5 of this thread and read all the crimes Nixon committed that were listed in the Articles of Impeachment.

Then sit down and shut up.

Oh no?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmeo07cXGQ]Joe DiGenova on WMAL 8-12-13 - YouTube[/ame]

Benghazi attorney: What Obama just did absolutely illegal, impeachable - BizPac Review

Last edited:
According to whom? Some Fox News Pundits? Rush Limbaugh?

You have no idea what you are talking about, as usual.

The president is part of the executive branch. That means he executes laws. He can execute them as he sees fit.

If he violated the law, as you falsely claim, than some entity would have already taken him to court. A judge would have stopped his execution of the law.

Hasn't happened.

Dream on.
ACA Section I Title 1 Sec 1004. The effective dates are fixed in the law. The president has no authority to alter laws passed by Congress.

The President is head of the Executive Branch. Of course he has the authority to administer laws and this would include changing the dates on the mandate.

It's called administering.

And he's doing it to help the American people, not for personal gain.

Lady, you don't know what you are talking about.

Betsy McCaughey to Mark Levin: “What the president is imposing on us today is NOT the Affordable Care Act”

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Betsy McCaughey* made a great point tonight in an interview with Mark Levin, noting that the Affordable Care Act that was passed by Congress, signed by Obama and upheld by the Supreme Court is not the same law that Obama is currently imposing on the American people. McCaughey says that with all the changes Obama has made to ACA, it is now nothing more than a ‘distorted little piece of the Affordable Care Act’ and says it doesn’t have the status of law because it’s not what they passed:

MCCAUGHEY: I have the Obama health law right here in front of me and I think about how different what the president’s health reform today is from that law. I hear the Democrats say all the time ‘well it was passed by Congress, it was signed by the president and it was vetted by the Supreme Court.’ But what the president is imposing on us today is not the Affordable Care Act.

LEVIN: Stop! Stop! That is a very important point. Wait a minute, Congress passed, the president signed, the Supreme Court upheld…and your point is since then Obama has changed the law and nobody and nothing has passed on that. Brilliant!

MCCAUGHEY: Oh yes exactly. He has stripped the employer mandate, income verification, caps on out of pocket expenses, over half the statutory deadlines in the law. So now he’s had this very distorted little piece of the Affordable Care Act and he’s tacked new things onto it, 1472 waivers. And how about this new subsidy for members of Congress that he weaseled through without congressional approval. All of this means that this reform doesn’t have the status of law.

And there’s more. Keep listening.

Betsy McCaughey to Mark Levin: ?What the president is imposing on us today is NOT the Affordable Care Act? » The Right Scoop -

* - Betsy McCaughey (/məˈkɔɪ/; born Elizabeth Helen Peterken, October 20, 1948), formerly known as Betsy McCaughey Ross, was the 72nd Lieutenant Governor of New York from 1995 to 1998, during the first term of Governor George Pataki. She unsuccessfully sought the Democratic Party nomination for Governor after Pataki dropped her from his 1998 ticket.

An historian by training, with a Ph.D. from Columbia University, she has, over the years, provided commentary on healthcare policy. Her 1993 attack on the Clinton healthcare plan was considered to be a major factor in the defeat of the bill, and brought her to the attention of Pataki, who then chose her as his Lieutenant Governor running mate. In 2009, her criticisms of the healthcare plan then being debated in the 111th Congress inspired the slogans "death panel" and "pulling the plug on Grandma", which nearly defeated the legislation.

She has been a fellow at the conservative Manhattan Institute and Hudson Institute think tanks, and has written numerous articles and op-eds. She was a member of the boards of directors of Genta, a medical supply corporation that focuses on products for cancer treatment from 2001 to 2007, and Cantel Medical Corporation, a company that produces and sells medical equipment—until she resigned in August 2009 to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest during the national debate over healthcare reform legislation.

Last edited:
Nixon: Ordered secret bombings behind Congress's back to end Vietnam War.

Obama: Benghazi

I liken this to a debate I had with another about sports.
The argument was which was worse, Pete Rose for gambling or A Rod and others for doping.
My contention was the doping was far worse because it had impact on the entire game of baseball where gambling was with a man and his personal problem.

Nixon affected his own legacy with his lies.
Obama affected an entire nation with his lies.

Absolutely and totally correct and appropriate sports analogy.

The fact nobody died due to Watergate, but at least five died due to bungling and lying of the Obama administration.

If Nixon faced the same Fauxrage from certain news networks, hell there would have been a call for his impeachment for the murder of the 4 students in Ohio by his National Guard.

You are blinder than Boo.

No way was Nixon implicated.

You youngsters and Liberals don't know shit from Shinola.

You make shit up to suit your whim.

That's your main problem!

Kent State shootings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nixon was authorized to win the war.

That was what his bombings were designed to accomplish.

Tell us what Obama was trying to accomplish in Benghazi.

And why four Americans were killed.

And why he and other Administration officials lied and tried to cover up the mess.

You can not compare what Nixon did and what Obama did.

Nixon was a babe in the woods compared to Obama.

Nixon's crimes were to help others.

Obama?

To help himself while he served alien interests we STILL haven't discovered.

Nixon was authorized to win the war.

That was what his bombings were designed to accomplish.

Tell us what Obama was trying to accomplish in Benghazi.

And why four Americans were killed.

And why he and other Administration officials lied and tried to cover up the mess.

You can not compare what Nixon did and what Obama did.

Nixon was a babe in the woods compared to Obama.

Nixon's crimes were to help others.

Obama?

To help himself while he served alien interests we STILL haven't discovered.

Okay.

Libya had become unstable and Obama probably had sought to rid the world of a terrorist that ordered one of the worst foreign terrorist attacks prior to 9/11..the bombing of a plane filled with Americans over Lockerbie that took the lives of nearly 100 of them. That might be news to you. During the Bush administration, Bush either ignored that fact or was greedy for oil when he made nice to Libya. And Gaddafi remained in power.

Bush didn't care about terrorists much anyways..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o]Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (short version) - YouTube[/ame]

He was much more concerned with fulfilling the wishes of the Saudis, the PNAC and settling a personal grudge with Saddam Hussein.

Fast forward to the election of a President that wanted to get rid of Anti-American terrorists. Right off the bat, lots of them started getting killed in Drone Strikes. Bin Laden is deep sixed (You guys got upset, we celebrated)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_56ox_Zw9w]Time Square party for Osama Bin Laden death - New York 10 - YouTube[/ame]

And Gaddafi was probably on that list. In any case, he got offed too. But there was something a little different here as he was the leader of Libya and they needed a new one. Once that government was established, the US had to normalize relations with them so the opened up a consulate in Benghazi. Unfortunately they stationed a CIA outpost in the same place that took in prisoners. Rebels got wind of that and attacked. The CIA probably didn't want the world to know about that, so they floated a story to the state department. That story was repeated, but after three, count them, three days, it was squashed. That wasn't enough for peeps like you folks and crime boss grand inquisitor Issa, who's spent millions to find out why this story wasn't corrected for 3 days.

That's probably all news to you too. Stop watching Saudi propaganda on FOX and start being an American.

Last edited:
IMHO Nixon was his own man and was willful in whatever skulduggery he was involved with. Obama on the other hand is a tool of forces far more powerful then he. Obama is a stage prop used to distract from the evils of progressivism on the home front and leading from way behind in foreign policy.

The claim that GWB did not want to defeat terrorists (post #209) is incorrect.

By the time GWB said what he said on the video, Osama bin Laden was a defeated, spent force, insignificant, meaningless, useless and devoid of any authority.

Why waste time on that?

GWB was also fully aware of the fact that even if Osama bin Laden had been removed on GWB's orders, he would never get the same credit from left-wingers as Obama got.

And another thing one can take to the bank: If GWB had been the one ordering the removal of Osama bin Laden, he would be dignified grown up not to brag about ceaselessly.

How did Agnew's crimes in Maryland really affect nearly every American?
He was a crook.....simple as that.

I said it before....I couldn't stand Nixon because I was a liberal back then.
Nixon tried to fight off inflation with the use of the freeze....yes, it froze wages, but also prices. Turned out he was wrong, and it was temporary.

Obama not only mandating insurance but just what kind of insurance Americans can buy with higher deductibles and higher premiums for most.....going forward? Yes, Obama still wins the booby prize.

The EPA was a good thing and we needed it, but it has been morphed with executive orders by Obama to bypass congress.

You people are really against big government intrusion when it was a republican, but you condone big government when it's a democrat. just an observation

Go back to page 5 of this thread and read all the crimes Nixon committed that were listed in the Articles of Impeachment.

Sorry young lady, where did I ever say that Obama committed a crime.
All I was saying was that Obama has impacted negatively on nearly every American in the country. poor attempt at projecting :eusa_whistle:

The title of the thread might be a clue...Who was the bigger crook?

You appeared to be saying it's Obama which is about as ridiculous as your claim that he has impacted nearly every American negatively.

I doubt anything he's done has impacted your life at all.

I know nothing he's done has made much of an impact on my life.

Lying about Benghazi, IRS, NSA, Obamacare, and delaying Obamacare so he could get reelected are all illegal acts. He should go to prison, and you are a dumbass!:cuckoo:

Exactly what laws were allegedly broken?

Good luck trying to come up with one.

If lying were against the law, I've got news for you...every politician in the U.S. would be sitting in a jail cell.

The legal system is handicapped by an Obama AG.

Try reading the Constitution! :eek:

And you still fail to come up with a law he has actually broken.

Sorry young lady, where did I ever say that Obama committed a crime.
All I was saying was that Obama has impacted negatively on nearly every American in the country. poor attempt at projecting :eusa_whistle:

The title of the thread might be a clue...Who was the bigger crook?

You appeared to be saying it's Obama which is about as ridiculous as your claim that he has impacted nearly every American negatively.

I doubt anything he's done has impacted your life at all.

I know nothing he's done has made much of an impact on my life.

I can only imagine then that you're wanting your unemployment benefits extended and that you are nearly totally subsidized with your healthcare insurance under Obamacare. You married to Hangover? :eusa_whistle:

Others, who have been dropped from their insurance and into the Obamacare debacle, along with others who have seen their deductibles along with mine rise considerable would tend to disagree with your assertion that we haven't been impacted by your messiah.
I'm just waiting to see what the 2015 premiums are going to look like. :eusa_whistle:

Exactly what laws were allegedly broken?

Good luck trying to come up with one.

If lying were against the law, I've got news for you...every politician in the U.S. would be sitting in a jail cell.

The legal system is handicapped by an Obama AG.

Try reading the Constitution! :eek:

And you still fail to come up with a law he has actually broken.

If unconstitutional is a crime, he's done it more than a dozen times, but as long as Holder is the AG, and in bed with your messiah, all is good.

Last edited:
There was a time where I thought there could never be a more corrupt President than Nixon.
Time has proven me wrong... Obama is by far the most corrupt President but also the most Anti American president we have ever seen.

There was a time where I thought there could never be a more corrupt President than Nixon.
Time has proven me wrong... Obama is by far the most corrupt President but also the most Anti American president we have ever seen.

Absolutely. I have never seen, in my lifetime, presidents (Clinton and Obama) that thumb their noses at the law as though they are above the rest of us. And why wouldn't they? Democrats encourage this behavior. After all - the ends justify the means.

Clinton saw himself as a King and Barry sees himself as a King. God forbid that Hillary "the murderer" Clinton somehow weasels her big ass into the office.

Nixon didn't throw the whole country under the bus for personal gain.

Uh yes he did.He lied about ending the vietnam war for personal satisfaction of being president saying he would end the war immediately which he could have.could have ended it in 69 had he wanted to,but the mass murderer let it drag on for four more years before the american people finally ended it.Johnson and Nixon were the murderers of those 58,000 americans.not the NVA or the vietcong.Obama is a mass murderer as well and has torched the constitution even worse than Nixon ever did.

I like them both, but there is a HUGE difference between being wrong and purposely concealing the truth in order to deceive.

I don't wish to talk smack on Nixon - the man is gone R.I.P., but he resigned because he was going to be impeached if he didn't.

I don't believe that Obama told a lie - A lie is all about intent. If you are deliberately misleading people - that's a lie.

If I tell my boss I will be finished with a project by Thursday and I'm not - that isn't a lie, it's called being wrong.

amazing how the american sheople have their heads buried in the sand.Nixon was a mass murderer and helped put a dictater in power who murdered millions.:cuckoo:

President Richard Nixon privately declared that the “Allende regime in Chile is not acceptable to the United States”, and ordered the CIA to “make the [Chilean] economy scream”[16]. President Nixon and his administration began to develop numerous tactics to ensure “that son of a bitch Allende” was removed and replaced with a dictator

"Make the Economy Scream": Secret Documents Show Nixon, Kissinger Role Backing 1973 Chile Coup | Democracy Now!

Jon Wiener: Was Nixon Worse? - Truthdig

https://avinashtharoor.wordpress.co...-the-rise-of-pinochets-dictatorship-in-chile/

Nixon's Crimes Crime Magazine

History News Network | Nixon's Biggest Crime Was Far, Far Worse than Watergate

Last edited:

Forum List

Back