Obama vs. Nixon - who is the bigger crook?

Obama vs. Nixon - who is a bigger crook?

» Poll: At same point in term, Nixon approval rating higher than Obama » News -- GOPUSA

Keep in mind that Nixon was viciously attacked by the media, while Obama is totally and unquestioningly supported by the media.

Obama.

By a mile!

He lied to get the job. (About the authorship of his autobiography.)

Book Discussion on Dreams From My Father

Nov 23, 2004

Barnes and Noble Booksellers

Senator-elect Obama talked about his memoir Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, published by Three Rivers Press. It was his account of growing up in a racially mixed family, doing community work .. Read More
56 minutes | 1,876 Views

Book Discussion on [Dreams From My Father] - C-SPAN Video Library

He lied about a good and decent man who would have fixed America.

And he lied knowingly and intentionally so he could be in a position to continue his screwing of America and Americans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A1UQbW1UB8]Romney Was Right - YouTube[/ame]

He omitted information to his employers (the American people) and knowingly lied about Benghazi.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB_6chO1uD0]Clinton, Obama #Benghazi Lies, Screaming Goat - YouTube[/ame]

He has appointed and nominated people for key staff or Administration and cabinet officials and Supreme Court justices, those who were radical Leftists, Muslims with ties to radical groups, individuals with Communist leanings and backgrounds and incompetents and/or political partisans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxifCqZJgU]Ted Cruz Explains why he is against Hagel to his face in a masterful takedown on his nomination - YouTube[/ame]

And he's still not done!

All poor ol' Tricky Dick did was to try to save his henchmen from suffering because of their misguided and overzealous attempt to do good for his presidency and the nation during a time of War abroad and at home against the likes of the jerks in power right now!.

Fuck an Obama.

He's certainly trying to fuck US.

Last edited:
If you're talking to me, I'm not defending. He did have a screw loose, he should never have been president, IMO.
But those 18 min. that are missing from the tapes? Arlo Guthrie claimed it was his song "Alice's Restaurant".

You can be anything that you want, but comparing an old President like Nixon whose history is such an open book to a President like Obama who hasn't even completed his term is nothing more than litter. It's like dumping trash in a ravine and getting caught.
Hmmmmm, in other words...republican president and big government bad.
Democrat president and big government good. got it :eusa_whistle:

Big government is big government and you don't need years to evaluate big government, it is what it is.
You don't have to wait for a piece of paper being thrown out of a car to hit the ground before you call it litter.

No, nothing like that. My post was an attempt at humor. I was responding to your mention of Alice's Restaurant. You can be anything that you want at Alice's Restaurant. The song includes the story of how Arlo got caught littering when he dumped some trash in a ravine. I figured you and some others might catch the connection.

Absolutely and totally correct and appropriate sports analogy.

The fact nobody died due to Watergate, but at least five died due to bungling and lying of the Obama administration.

Watergate was only the opening of the can of worms. How many do you suppose died when Nixon lied about his secret excursions of American troops into Laos and Cambodia? How many died during the secret and illegal bombing campaigns in those countries? How many Americans were lost performing those activities? What about his campaign lie that he had a "secret plan" for peace to end the war in Vietnam? His secret plan turned out to be intensifying the war and doubling the number of caualties by the time it was over. He orchestrated a dishonorable peace agreement by making promises he knew would not be kept. The S. Vietnamese knew it and the N. Vietnames knew it. He gave up Vietnam and all the sacrifices made by the US in exchange for trade relations with China. The Nixon peace agreement made the sacrifice of 60,000 Americans a mockery. He left our allies abandoned to be murdered, imprisoned and saw boat loads of them die at sea while trying to escape the slaughter. It may be true that he was gone when Vietnam fell, but he is the one who instigated the defeat with his peace agreement.

War is a bitch, he was handed a this war after it was amped up by Johnson. He had no choice but to get out after the Cronkite report. The American opinion changed and Nixon had too, also.

Obama has affected virtually everyone in America, and mostly in a negative way.

Nixon was handed the war? The war was Nixon's last chance to be president, and he welcomed it with open arms since the war was so unpopular by then. Nixon couldn't even win the governorship in his own state after being vice president for two terms, him never being a well liked person. If you want to talk about having something handed to him, it was Obama being handed the sinking of the titanic, - the US economy, which he has handled pretty well considering the republican sabatoge and all.

» Poll: At same point in term, Nixon approval rating higher than Obama » News -- GOPUSA

Keep in mind that Nixon was viciously attacked by the media, while Obama is totally and unquestioningly supported by the media.

Obama.

By a mile!

Nov 23, 2004

Senator-elect Obama talked about his memoir Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, published by Three Rivers Press. It was his account of growing up in a racially mixed family, doing community work .. Read More
56 minutes | 1,876 Views

And he lied knowingly and intentionally so he could be in a position to continue his screwing of America and Americans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A1UQbW1UB8]Romney Was Right - YouTube[/ame]

He omitted information to his employers (the American people) and knowingly lied about Benghazi.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB_6chO1uD0]Clinton, Obama #Benghazi Lies, Screaming Goat - YouTube[/ame]

He has appointed and nominated people for key staff or Administration and cabinet officials and Supreme Court justices, those who were radical Leftists, Muslims with ties to radical groups, individuals with Communist leanings and backgrounds and incompetents and/or political partisans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxifCqZJgU]Ted Cruz Explains why he is against Hagel to his face in a masterful takedown on his nomination - YouTube[/ame]

And he's still not done!

All poor ol' Tricky Dick did was to try to save his henchmen from suffering because of their misguided and overzealous attempt to do good for his presidency and the nation during a time of War abroad and at home against the likes of the jerks in power right now!.

Fuck an Obama.

Benghazi, bill ayers, the republican battle cry. You repubs are pathetic. Lets compare Benghazi with wmd's or the attack on the trade towers and the phony prez and vice prez , heckle and jeckle, doing absolutely nothing to stop it despite months of warnings. This is why republicans have to field clowns for president like santorum, palin , caine, bachmann. The idiocracy which is the republican base couldn't relate to someone intelligent and normal.

Obama.

By a mile!

Nov 23, 2004

56 minutes | 1,876 Views

And he's still not done!

Fuck an Obama.

Benghazi, bill ayers, the republican battle cry. You repubs are pathetic. Lets compare Benghazi with wmd's or the attack on the trade towers and the phony prez and vice prez , heckle and jeckle, doing absolutely nothing to stop it despite months of warnings. This is why republicans have to field clowns for president like santorum, palin , caine, bachmann. The idiocracy which is the republican base couldn't relate to someone intelligent and normal.

Let's.

Saddam admitted to his FBI interrogator, interviewed by CBS 60 Minutes, that he deliberately led the world (especially his hostile neighbors) to believe that Iraq may have had WMD's in order to keep those neighbors from attacking Iraq.

So, you can retire your discredited line of thinking.

Read it and weep at how long you've been spreading your low-information-ness around the internet, making yourself look foolish as you try to make Conservatives look foolish.

Confucius say, when you set out to bury your opponent, dig two graves.

One for him. The other for yourself.

That June 2000 speech was about weapons of mass destruction. In talking casually about that speech, Saddam began to tell the story of his weapons. It was a breakthrough that had taken five months.

"Oh, you couldn't imagine the excitement that I was feeling at that point," Piro remembers.

"And what did he tell you about how his weapons of mass destruction had been destroyed?" Pelley asks.

"He told me that most of the WMD had been destroyed by the U.N. inspectors in the '90s. And those that hadn't been destroyed by the inspectors were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq," Piro says.

"So why keep the secret? Why put your nation at risk, why put your own life at risk to maintain this charade?" Pelley asks.

"It was very important for him to project that because that was what kept him, in his mind, in power. That capability kept the Iranians away. It kept them from reinvading Iraq," Piro says.

Before his wars with America, Saddam had fought a ruinous eight year war with Iran and it was Iran he still feared the most.

"He believed that he couldn't survive without the perception that he had weapons of mass destruction?" Pelley asks.

"Absolutely," Piro says.

Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions - Page 4 - CBS News

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDKTqD9_jhM]Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions: No WMDS! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
And he was going to be impeached for Obstruction of Justice.

The History Place - Impeachment: Richard Nixon

Yes, but he had the decency to resign, unlike clinton who taught kids about oral sex.

Wait wait --- did you just say kids learn about sex from presidents?
rofl.gif

This is even better than "redneck" being 'racist'... :rofl:

President Lyndon B. Johnson announces that he has ordered an increase in U.S. military forces in Vietnam, from the present 75,000 to 125,000. Johnson also said that he would order additional increases if necessary. He pointed out that to fill the increase in military manpower needs, the monthly draft calls would be raised from 17,000 to 35,000. At the same time, Johnson reaffirmed U.S. readiness to seek a negotiated end to the war, and appealed to the United Nations and any of its member states to help further this goal. There was an immediate reaction throughout the world to this latest escalation, with communist leaders attacking Johnson for his decision to send more troops to Vietnam. Most members of Congress were reported to favor Johnson's decision, while most U.S. state governors, convening for their annual conference, also supported a resolution backing Johnson. This decision to send more troops was regarded as a major turning point, as it effectively guaranteed U.S. military leaders a blank check to pursue the war.
Johnson announces more troops to Vietnam ? History.com This Day in History ? 7/28/1965

Don't get me wrong....I couldn't stand Nixon as I was a liberal back in that day. Vietnam was a clusterfuck started years ago before Nixon.

Having said that....This was about Obama being a crook and Nixon being a crook thread....I still stand behind my opinion on this.
You libs seem to be changing the thread because of the attack on Obama.
Obama has lied that affected nearly every American in a negative way.
I can't say that about Nixon, you people want to harp on Vietnam....go ahead, but it didn't affect nearly every American as Obama has.

I'll ask you again..how? I'll put Vietnam aside for now.

Lets get into specifics.

Like when Nixon issued an executive order to freeze the wages of every American.

Or how about Spiro Agnew having to resign because of the multiple crimes he committed?

You guys hate the EPA, right? That was Nixon.

So go for it.
How did Agnew's crimes in Maryland really affect nearly every American?
He was a crook.....simple as that.

I said it before....I couldn't stand Nixon because I was a liberal back then.
Nixon tried to fight off inflation with the use of the freeze....yes, it froze wages, but also prices. Turned out he was wrong, and it was temporary.

Obama not only mandating insurance but just what kind of insurance Americans can buy with higher deductibles and higher premiums for most.....going forward? Yes, Obama still wins the booby prize.

The EPA was a good thing and we needed it, but it has been morphed with executive orders by Obama to bypass congress.

You people are really against big government intrusion when it was a republican, but you condone big government when it's a democrat. just an observation

How is a law passed by a democratically elected government a crime?

Obama has committed no crimes.

Go back to page 5 of this thread and read all the crimes Nixon committed that were listed in the Articles of Impeachment.

Then sit down and shut up.

The ACA set out black and white deadlines for mandates etc. Nothing authorized the president to alter those deadlines. Ergo his acts are illegal.

According to whom? Some Fox News Pundits? Rush Limbaugh?

You have no idea what you are talking about, as usual.

The president is part of the executive branch. That means he executes laws. He can execute them as he sees fit.

If he violated the law, as you falsely claim, than some entity would have already taken him to court. A judge would have stopped his execution of the law.

Hasn't happened.

Dream on.

Lying about Benghazi, IRS, NSA, Obamacare, and delaying Obamacare so he could get reelected are all illegal acts. He should go to prison, and you are a dumbass!:cuckoo:

Exactly what laws were allegedly broken?

Good luck trying to come up with one.

If lying were against the law, I've got news for you...every politician in the U.S. would be sitting in a jail cell.

The ACA set out black and white deadlines for mandates etc. Nothing authorized the president to alter those deadlines. Ergo his acts are illegal.

The president is part of the executive branch. That means he executes laws. He can execute them as he sees fit.

If he violated the law, as you falsely claim, than some entity would have already taken him to court. A judge would have stopped his execution of the law.

Hasn't happened.

Dream on.
ACA Section I Title 1 Sec 1004. The effective dates are fixed in the law. The president has no authority to alter laws passed by Congress.

The President is head of the Executive Branch. Of course he has the authority to administer laws and this would include changing the dates on the mandate.

It's called administering.

And he's doing it to help the American people, not for personal gain.

All parties involved like the Obama administration's decision to delay the mandate.

You couldn't find anybody to sue to challenge changing the dates of the mandate.

So this decision is hardly an impeachable offense. It's a question of whether the president has the power to do this or not and that's just not clear. When you guys claim that changing the dates of the mandate is an impeachable offense, you sound just like what you are...hysterical haters.

Below is an excerpt from the Bloomberg Business Magazine.

One way to read this -- and the way it was probably intended -- was that the secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius, would determine when in 2014 employers would file their insurance reports. That's consistent with her discretion under other parts of the law to determine how employers file. Under this interpretation, employers would still be required to insure their employees for all of 2014 even if Sebelius had them file on New Year's Eve.

Another way to read the passage is as a blank check to postpone the mandate by as long as a year. That comes from the key part: "during a calendar year, shall, at such time as the Secretary may provide."

Yet, a third way to read it: If "during a calendar year" is read to modify "employees" and not "at such time" then the Secretary could have the power to defer the mandate indefinitely.

I happen to find the first reading the most plausible. But the only way to know which interpretation is right is for someone to file a lawsuit against the administration. As Forbes' Avik Roy writes, it isn't clear who would do that. Business is pleased the mandate is delayed and that may lead Republicans to keep quiet. Democrats running for re-election are happy to dodge a potential opposition advertisement droning on about how Obamacare caused local business X to fire employees so could escape the mandate (which only applies to large firms).

New York University law professor Richard A. Epstein thinks that a larger problem will be to find someone with standing to sue against the delay. "It's a very strange phenomenon in administrative law. If you imagine there's a direct violation of statute, there should be a party who could sue," Epstein said. "But doctrines of standing don't allow that to happen easily for the non-enforcement of laws."

"Name me someone you think really does have standing," Epstein continued. An employee? No. A competing firm? No. I'm just hard pressed to identify a party who does."

Even if a lawsuit made it through these hurdles, Georgetown University law professor Randy Barnett -- whose writings played a major role in the Supreme Court's opinion on Obamacare last year -- is skeptical that courts would force the Obama administration to comply with the employer mandate. "It's hard to make the executive branch do something. They would have to have a mandamus to make them apply this law," he said. "I don't know if they technically can, but as practical matter, they aren't likely to do that."

Lets get into specifics.

Like when Nixon issued an executive order to freeze the wages of every American.

Or how about Spiro Agnew having to resign because of the multiple crimes he committed?

So go for it.

Nixon tried to fight off inflation with the use of the freeze....yes, it froze wages, but also prices. Turned out he was wrong, and it was temporary.

Obama not only mandating insurance but just what kind of insurance Americans can buy with higher deductibles and higher premiums for most.....going forward? Yes, Obama still wins the booby prize.

The EPA was a good thing and we needed it, but it has been morphed with executive orders by Obama to bypass congress.

You people are really against big government intrusion when it was a republican, but you condone big government when it's a democrat. just an observation

How is a law passed by a democratically elected government a crime?

Obama has committed no crimes.

Go back to page 5 of this thread and read all the crimes Nixon committed that were listed in the Articles of Impeachment.

Then sit down and shut up.

Sorry young lady, where did I ever say that Obama committed a crime.
All I was saying was that Obama has impacted negatively on nearly every American in the country. poor attempt at projecting :eusa_whistle:

Let's.

Saddam admitted to his FBI interrogator, interviewed by CBS 60 Minutes, that he deliberately led the world (especially his hostile neighbors) to believe that Iraq may have had WMD's in order to keep those neighbors from attacking Iraq.

Read it and weep at how long you've been spreading your low-information-ness around the internet, making yourself look foolish as you try to make Conservatives look foolish.

That June 2000 speech was about weapons of mass destruction. In talking casually about that speech, Saddam began to tell the story of his weapons. It was a breakthrough that had taken five months.

"Oh, you couldn't imagine the excitement that I was feeling at that point," Piro remembers.

"And what did he tell you about how his weapons of mass destruction had been destroyed?" Pelley asks.

"He told me that most of the WMD had been destroyed by the U.N. inspectors in the '90s. And those that hadn't been destroyed by the inspectors were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq," Piro says.

"So why keep the secret? Why put your nation at risk, why put your own life at risk to maintain this charade?" Pelley asks.

"It was very important for him to project that because that was what kept him, in his mind, in power. That capability kept the Iranians away. It kept them from reinvading Iraq," Piro says.

Before his wars with America, Saddam had fought a ruinous eight year war with Iran and it was Iran he still feared the most.

"He believed that he couldn't survive without the perception that he had weapons of mass destruction?" Pelley asks.

"Absolutely," Piro says.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDKTqD9_jhM]Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions: No WMDS! - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah..and for some strange reason, after years of being all over that country both covertly and with UN inspectors, after 3 withering wars ( The US backed attack on Iran, Desert Storm, and Desert Fox) multiple sanctions..the Bush administration couldn't figure out he no longer had any formidable stock pile of weapons?

Well yeah..they could. So the Bush administration lied about it.

President Lyndon B. Johnson announces that he has ordered an increase in U.S. military forces in Vietnam, from the present 75,000 to 125,000. Johnson also said that he would order additional increases if necessary. He pointed out that to fill the increase in military manpower needs, the monthly draft calls would be raised from 17,000 to 35,000. At the same time, Johnson reaffirmed U.S. readiness to seek a negotiated end to the war, and appealed to the United Nations and any of its member states to help further this goal. There was an immediate reaction throughout the world to this latest escalation, with communist leaders attacking Johnson for his decision to send more troops to Vietnam. Most members of Congress were reported to favor Johnson's decision, while most U.S. state governors, convening for their annual conference, also supported a resolution backing Johnson. This decision to send more troops was regarded as a major turning point, as it effectively guaranteed U.S. military leaders a blank check to pursue the war.
Johnson announces more troops to Vietnam ? History.com This Day in History ? 7/28/1965

Don't get me wrong....I couldn't stand Nixon as I was a liberal back in that day. Vietnam was a clusterfuck started years ago before Nixon.

Having said that....This was about Obama being a crook and Nixon being a crook thread....I still stand behind my opinion on this.
You libs seem to be changing the thread because of the attack on Obama.
Obama has lied that affected nearly every American in a negative way.
I can't say that about Nixon, you people want to harp on Vietnam....go ahead, but it didn't affect nearly every American as Obama has.

Lets get into specifics.

So go for it.

Agnew's criminality didn't have an affect on people's view on government? Trust erosion no longer matters, eh? I guess not..because you folks are constantly trying to convince America that government is a bad thing.

And it's your contention that Obama is worse than Nixon..you not liking Nixon isn't relevant here.

And your contending that overhauling a health care system that ranked like 34th in the world and was losing 45k Americans a year was a bad thing to do. While freezing everyone's wages was like..meh..no great shakes.

We are already mandated to do alot of things in this country. I signed up for the draft at 18. I have to buy insurance if I want to drive a car. I have to pay taxes. I mean..the list goes on. And the mandate came out of a Conservative "alternative" to Clinton's initiative.

Health Care in this country was broken. And badly. It was becoming a rich man's luxury.

And that is totally unacceptable.

Hasn't happened.

Dream on.

Lying about Benghazi, IRS, NSA, Obamacare, and delaying Obamacare so he could get reelected are all illegal acts. He should go to prison, and you are a dumbass!:cuckoo:

If lying were against the law, I've got news for you...every politician in the U.S. would be sitting in a jail cell.

The legal system is handicapped by an Obama AG.

Try reading the Constitution! :eek:

The legal system is handicapped by an Obama AG.

Try reading the Constitution! :eek:

Take your own advice. :doubt:

Let's.

"Absolutely," Piro says.

Yeah..and for some strange reason, after years of being all over that country both covertly and with UN inspectors, after 3 withering wars ( The US backed attack on Iran, Desert Storm, and Desert Fox) multiple sanctions..the Bush administration couldn't figure out he no longer had any formidable stock pile of weapons?

Well yeah..they could. So the Bush administration lied about it.

Yeah? So when are you scheduled to meet with Scott Pelley?

Hasn't happened.

Dream on.

Benghazi attorney: What Obama just did absolutely illegal, impeachable

August 13, 2013 by Michael Dorstewitz

Former U.S. attorney Joe DiGenova, who currently represents several of the so-called “Benghazi whistleblowers,” affirmed that...

...when President Obama told the White House Press Corps at his Friday news conference that “a sealed indictment” exists relative to the Benghazi attack, he committed an impeachable offense.

When the issue of the indictment was raised on WMAL’s Mornings On The Mall Monday during the DiGenova interview, he said the indictment “is indeed” supposed to remain under seal.

“We are now getting close to a series of statements by the president that puts him on the wrong road to impeachable offenses,” he said.

“At that news conference, the President of the United States violated a court order of the United States District Court for either the Eastern District of Virginia or the District of Columbia where this sealed indictment apparently exists,” DiGenova noted.

“He is not allowed to say that. A president can declassify a document, but he cannot unseal an indictment. Only a federal court can do that,” he explained. “Whoever is the chief judge of either one of those districts should issue a show cause order for the United States attorney for that district as to why the United States attorney or the president should not be held in contempt.”

The statement DiGenova is referring to is one Obama threw out to the press Friday.

‘‘There’s a sealed indictment,’’ Obama said at the White House news conference according to ABC News. ‘‘It’s sealed for a reason, but we are intent on capturing those who carried out this attack. And we’re going to stay on it until we get them.’’

DiGenova described that statement as “unbelievable,” and added, “This was from our professor-president — our so-called “constitutional scholar.” There’s just no doubt about it — it was illegal,” he emphasized.

“But the AP reporter, Julie Pace, who was on ‘Fox News Sunday’ said, ‘It was kind of unusual for the president to talk about a sealed indictment in a public setting.’ It wasn’t unusual; it was illegal.”

Listen to the full interview, courtesy of WMAL.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmeo07cXGQ]Joe DiGenova on WMAL 8-12-13 - YouTube[/ame]

Benghazi attorney: What Obama just did absolutely illegal, impeachable - BizPac Review

Forum List

Back