Obama vs. Nixon - who is the bigger crook?

What attempt?

What part of the Vietnam war did you miss?

Oh yeah..the Nixon part.

Nixon was bringing troops out in early 1972 as a result of the Nixon Doctrine and the war ended in 1973 under Nixon. Perhaps you are thinking of another president.

Nixon was a traitor.

How Richard Nixon Sabotaged 1968 Vietnam Peace Talks to Get Elected President

So, Nixon was a traitor, because he lied about a minor league, petty and inconsequential burglary, but Obama is a saint, because all he did was lying repeatedly and compelling his foolish acolytes in the Senate and the House to lie on his behalf, in order to steal an election.

Speaks volumes of your morality and values.

Administering a law is not synonymous with breaking it.

Obama has committed no illegal acts.

You need to sit down and shut up.

The ACA set out black and white deadlines for mandates etc. Nothing authorized the president to alter those deadlines. Ergo his acts are illegal.

According to whom? Some Fox News Pundits? Rush Limbaugh?

You have no idea what you are talking about, as usual.

The president is part of the executive branch. That means he executes laws. He can execute them as he sees fit.

If he violated the law, as you falsely claim, than some entity would have already taken him to court. A judge would have stopped his execution of the law.

Hasn't happened.

Dream on.
ACA Section I Title 1 Sec 1004. The effective dates are fixed in the law. The president has no authority to alter laws passed by Congress.

Nixon was bringing troops out in early 1972 as a result of the Nixon Doctrine and the war ended in 1973 under Nixon. Perhaps you are thinking of another president.

Nixon was a traitor.

How Richard Nixon Sabotaged 1968 Vietnam Peace Talks to Get Elected President

So, Nixon was a traitor, because he lied about a minor league, petty and inconsequential burglary, but Obama is a saint, because all he did was lying repeatedly and compelling his foolish acolytes in the Senate and the House to lie on his behalf, in order to steal an election.

Speaks volumes of your morality and values.

Here is the title of the link I posted.

"Richard Nixon Sabotaged 1968 Vietnam Peace Talks to Get Elected President"

Which is different from the crimes that were in the Articles of Impeachment that passed the House Committee (which force his resignation).

Republicans have been looking for a retaliatory impeachment for 40 years

Gee I think most Republicans would have voted to impeach Nixon.
Fail.

More truthiness?

6 of the Committee's 17 Republicans joined all 21 Democrats in voting for the article.....

The History Place - Impeachment: Richard Nixon

But don't let things like facts stop your "Truthiness" now.

Oh gosh a little knowledge is a stupid thing.
That revelation resulted in a complete collapse of support for Nixon in Congress. On Friday, August 9, Nixon resigned the presidency and avoided the likely prospect of losing the impeachment vote in the full House and a subsequent trial in the Senate.
Yeah, impeachment and removal couldnt happen without strong GOP support. Which there was.

Gee I think most Republicans would have voted to impeach Nixon.
Fail.

More truthiness?

6 of the Committee's 17 Republicans joined all 21 Democrats in voting for the article.....

That revelation resulted in a complete collapse of support for Nixon in Congress. On Friday, August 9, Nixon resigned the presidency and avoided the likely prospect of losing the impeachment vote in the full House and a subsequent trial in the Senate.
Yeah, impeachment and removal couldnt happen without strong GOP support. Which there was.

6 out of 17 is 35%. Not really strong, but certainly enough to get Tricky Dick to resign.

The ACA set out black and white deadlines for mandates etc. Nothing authorized the president to alter those deadlines. Ergo his acts are illegal.

The president is part of the executive branch. That means he executes laws. He can execute them as he sees fit.

If he violated the law, as you falsely claim, than some entity would have already taken him to court. A judge would have stopped his execution of the law.

Hasn't happened.

Dream on.
ACA Section I Title 1 Sec 1004. The effective dates are fixed in the law. The president has no authority to alter laws passed by Congress.

Sure he does:

In 1946, legislators passed the Administrative Procedures Act, which governs the way that regulatory agencies carry out legislation. That law both gives agencies discretion in setting up laws, but holds them accountable for carrying out Congress’s intentions.

“Under the Administrative Procedure Act precedent, the courts can compel agencies that have been unreasonably delayed,” says Simon Lazarus, a senior counsel at the Constitutional Accountability Center. “Those tend to involve delays that have gone on for years.”

Courts have frequently grappled with issues of what counts as an “unreasonable” delay and, as many experts will tell you, they still haven’t set a bright line between executive discretion and disobedience.

Still, there is precedent that gives us some guidance into what is, and is not, appropriate.

In Chevron v. NRDC, a 1984 Supreme Court case, the justices granted regulatory authority when it comes to filling in any ambiguous gaps in a law. “The idea there was that the agency has the experts, and it also makes the executive branch electorally accountable,” Bagley says. “You’d want the President to be making the tough calls.”

Another case decided in the District of Columbia circuit court that same year provided additional guidance on what standards the courts should look to, in determining whether a delay was unreasonable. In that case, Telecommunications Research and Action Center v. FCC, the judges outlined a six-pronged test to understand delays that extended beyond statutory deadlines.

It stated that “delays that might be reasonable in the sphere of economic regulation are less tolerable when human health and welfare are at stake” and said the court should also take into account “where Congress has provided a timetable or other indication of the speed with which it expects the agency to proceed in enabling statute.”
The White House keeps changing Obamacare. Is that legal?

Hasn't happened.

Dream on.

Lying about Benghazi, IRS, NSA, Obamacare, and delaying Obamacare so he could get reelected are all illegal acts. He should go to prison, and you are a dumbass!:cuckoo:

K..

Lets talk about this stuff.

Benghazi - The CIA was holding prisoners in the consulate and had set up a station there in violation of international law. Do you want that stopped?

NSA - Had it's powers broadened and expanded by the Patriot Act. Would you like that repealed?

Obamacare - Passed the two houses, certified by the Supreme Court and Survived close to 50 attempts to repeal it. There have been some modifications caused by Insurance Company Tom Foolery and Republican opposition. What was your beef again?

IRS - It was found that the Tea Party PAC groups were in violation of the law, yet were allowed to exist anyway. The Law, which completely prohibits PACs from engaging in political activity does not comport with IRS rules. Should the law be enforced?

Ball's in your court Birdy.

:eusa_shifty:

That [bird]dog won't hunt.

Lying about Benghazi, IRS, NSA, Obamacare, and delaying Obamacare so he could get reelected are all illegal acts. He should go to prison, and you are a dumbass!:cuckoo:

K..

Benghazi - The CIA was holding prisoners in the consulate and had set up a station there in violation of international law. Do you want that stopped?

NSA - Had it's powers broadened and expanded by the Patriot Act. Would you like that repealed?

Obamacare - Passed the two houses, certified by the Supreme Court and Survived close to 50 attempts to repeal it. There have been some modifications caused by Insurance Company Tom Foolery and Republican opposition. What was your beef again?

IRS - It was found that the Tea Party PAC groups were in violation of the law, yet were allowed to exist anyway. The Law, which completely prohibits PACs from engaging in political activity does not comport with IRS rules. Should the law be enforced?

That [bird]dog won't hunt.

Of course not.

Issa pulls the same shit as well.

Soon as the narrative switches to something he doesn't like, he stops, and tries to get it back to what his conclusions are..

Hasn't happened.

Dream on.

K..

Your diversion to ignore facts does not interest me!

More truthiness?

6 out of 17 is 35%. Not really strong, but certainly enough to get Tricky Dick to resign.

Cherry picking AND backtracking! A two-fer!

K..

I posted the facts, kiddo. And that's why none of these "scandals" got any traction.

Reality sucks, doesn't it?

K..

I posted the facts, kiddo. And that's why none of these "scandals" got any traction.

Reality sucks, doesn't it?

The diversion occured when Birddog decided to divert attention away from one president of another being a crook to one of discussing differing political viewpoints or allegations of lying. Nixon was accused of being a crook, which is a thief. He was accused of participating in the administration and cover-up of felony crimes that except for the fact he was President would have landed him in a crimminal court facing incarceration if found guilty. None of the allegations made by Birddog are about attempting to gain wealth or property with the use of crimminal of unethical behavior. If Obama was found guilty of any of the allegations made by Birddog it would not make him a "crook". Impeachment requires the conclusion that crimes were committed by a President. Birddog wants to include differing opinions and lies made during speechs as impeachable offenses. I can't think of to many Presidents that could not have been impeached if that were the criteria.
Birddog is complaining about diverting attention away from his diversion.

Obama vs. Nixon - who is a bigger crook?

» Poll: At same point in term, Nixon approval rating higher than Obama » News -- GOPUSA

Keep in mind that Nixon was viciously attacked by the media, while Obama is totally and unquestioningly supported by the media.

I liken this to a debate I had with another about sports.
The argument was which was worse, Pete Rose for gambling or A Rod and others for doping.
My contention was the doping was far worse because it had impact on the entire game of baseball where gambling was with a man and his personal problem.

Nixon affected his own legacy with his lies.
Obama affected an entire nation with his lies.

• Thanks
Reactions: FJO

» Poll: At same point in term, Nixon approval rating higher than Obama » News -- GOPUSA

Keep in mind that Nixon was viciously attacked by the media, while Obama is totally and unquestioningly supported by the media.

The argument was which was worse, Pete Rose for gambling or A Rod and others for doping.
My contention was the doping was far worse because it had impact on the entire game of baseball where gambling was with a man and his personal problem.

Absolutely and totally correct and appropriate sports analogy.

The fact nobody died due to Watergate, but at least five died due to bungling and lying of the Obama administration.

The fact nobody died due to Watergate, but at least five died due to bungling and lying of the Obama administration.

Watergate was only the opening of the can of worms. How many do you suppose died when Nixon lied about his secret excursions of American troops into Laos and Cambodia? How many died during the secret and illegal bombing campaigns in those countries? How many Americans were lost performing those activities? What about his campaign lie that he had a "secret plan" for peace to end the war in Vietnam? His secret plan turned out to be intensifying the war and doubling the number of caualties by the time it was over. He orchestrated a dishonorable peace agreement by making promises he knew would not be kept. The S. Vietnamese knew it and the N. Vietnames knew it. He gave up Vietnam and all the sacrifices made by the US in exchange for trade relations with China. The Nixon peace agreement made the sacrifice of 60,000 Americans a mockery. He left our allies abandoned to be murdered, imprisoned and saw boat loads of them die at sea while trying to escape the slaughter. It may be true that he was gone when Vietnam fell, but he is the one who instigated the defeat with his peace agreement.

If Nixon faced the same Fauxrage from certain news networks, hell there would have been a call for his impeachment for the murder of the 4 students in Ohio by his National Guard.

If Nixon faced the same Fauxrage from certain news networks, hell there would have been a call for his impeachment for the murder of the 4 students in Ohio by his National Guard.

Nixon being forced out of his presidency meant nothing? :eusa_whistle:

Watergate was only the opening of the can of worms. How many do you suppose died when Nixon lied about his secret excursions of American troops into Laos and Cambodia? How many died during the secret and illegal bombing campaigns in those countries? How many Americans were lost performing those activities? What about his campaign lie that he had a "secret plan" for peace to end the war in Vietnam? His secret plan turned out to be intensifying the war and doubling the number of caualties by the time it was over. He orchestrated a dishonorable peace agreement by making promises he knew would not be kept. The S. Vietnamese knew it and the N. Vietnames knew it. He gave up Vietnam and all the sacrifices made by the US in exchange for trade relations with China. The Nixon peace agreement made the sacrifice of 60,000 Americans a mockery. He left our allies abandoned to be murdered, imprisoned and saw boat loads of them die at sea while trying to escape the slaughter. It may be true that he was gone when Vietnam fell, but he is the one who instigated the defeat with his peace agreement.

War is a bitch, he was handed a this war after it was amped up by Johnson. He had no choice but to get out after the Cronkite report. The American opinion changed and Nixon had too, also.

Obama has affected virtually everyone in America, and mostly in a negative way.

Nixon being forced out of his presidency meant nothing? :eusa_whistle:

Of course it meant something. He was so much a "Crook", his own party turned against him gto force him out. Can't say that about President Obama.

Forum List

Back