Obama vs. Nixon - who is the bigger crook?

Absolutely and totally correct and appropriate sports analogy.

The fact nobody died due to Watergate, but at least five died due to bungling and lying of the Obama administration.

Watergate was only the opening of the can of worms. How many do you suppose died when Nixon lied about his secret excursions of American troops into Laos and Cambodia? How many died during the secret and illegal bombing campaigns in those countries? How many Americans were lost performing those activities? What about his campaign lie that he had a "secret plan" for peace to end the war in Vietnam? His secret plan turned out to be intensifying the war and doubling the number of caualties by the time it was over. He orchestrated a dishonorable peace agreement by making promises he knew would not be kept. The S. Vietnamese knew it and the N. Vietnames knew it. He gave up Vietnam and all the sacrifices made by the US in exchange for trade relations with China. The Nixon peace agreement made the sacrifice of 60,000 Americans a mockery. He left our allies abandoned to be murdered, imprisoned and saw boat loads of them die at sea while trying to escape the slaughter. It may be true that he was gone when Vietnam fell, but he is the one who instigated the defeat with his peace agreement.

War is a bitch, he was handed a this war after it was amped up by Johnson. He had no choice but to get out after the Cronkite report. The American opinion changed and Nixon had too, also.

Obama has affected virtually everyone in America, and mostly in a negative way.

The Tet Offensive and Cronkite's report happen early in 1968 almost a year before Nixon was president.

A great deal has been said by historians concerning how the news media made Tet the "turning point" in the public's perception of the war. Popular CBS anchor Walter Cronkite stated during a news broadcast on February 27, "We have been too often disappointed by the optimism of the American leaders, both in Vietnam and Washington, to have faith any longer in the silver linings they find in the darkest clouds" and added that, "we are mired in a stalemate that could only be ended by negotiation, not victory."[207] Far from suffering a loss of morale, however, the majority of Americans had rallied to the side of the president. A Gallup poll in January 1968 revealed that 56 percent polled considered themselves hawks on the war and 27 percent doves, with 17 percent offering no opinion.[208] By early February, at the height of the first phase of the offensive, 61 percent declared themselves hawks, 23 percent doves, and 16 percent held no opinion....

Tet Offensive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obama vs. Nixon - who is a bigger crook?

» Poll: At same point in term, Nixon approval rating higher than Obama » News -- GOPUSA

Keep in mind that Nixon was viciously attacked by the media, while Obama is totally and unquestioningly supported by the media.

I liken this to a debate I had with another about sports.
The argument was which was worse, Pete Rose for gambling or A Rod and others for doping.
My contention was the doping was far worse because it had impact on the entire game of baseball where gambling was with a man and his personal problem.

Nixon affected his own legacy with his lies.
Obama affected an entire nation with his lies.

Holy crap.

Really?

Nixon ran on ending the Vietnam war. He expanded it, thousands of Americans and millions of people in Southeast Asia, died.

That..had a long and lasting impact on the nation, to speak nothing of his multiple attempts to subvert the Democratic process.

The fact nobody died due to Watergate, but at least five died due to bungling and lying of the Obama administration.

Watergate was only the opening of the can of worms. How many do you suppose died when Nixon lied about his secret excursions of American troops into Laos and Cambodia? How many died during the secret and illegal bombing campaigns in those countries? How many Americans were lost performing those activities? What about his campaign lie that he had a "secret plan" for peace to end the war in Vietnam? His secret plan turned out to be intensifying the war and doubling the number of caualties by the time it was over. He orchestrated a dishonorable peace agreement by making promises he knew would not be kept. The S. Vietnamese knew it and the N. Vietnames knew it. He gave up Vietnam and all the sacrifices made by the US in exchange for trade relations with China. The Nixon peace agreement made the sacrifice of 60,000 Americans a mockery. He left our allies abandoned to be murdered, imprisoned and saw boat loads of them die at sea while trying to escape the slaughter. It may be true that he was gone when Vietnam fell, but he is the one who instigated the defeat with his peace agreement.

War is a bitch, he was handed a this war after it was amped up by Johnson. He had no choice but to get out after the Cronkite report. The American opinion changed and Nixon had too, also.

Really?

How.

This ought to be good.

The argument was which was worse, Pete Rose for gambling or A Rod and others for doping.
My contention was the doping was far worse because it had impact on the entire game of baseball where gambling was with a man and his personal problem.

If Nixon faced the same Fauxrage from certain news networks, hell there would have been a call for his impeachment for the murder of the 4 students in Ohio by his National Guard.

There were only three major networks in the days of Nixon so what network would that be?

Obama vs. Nixon - who is a bigger crook?

» Poll: At same point in term, Nixon approval rating higher than Obama » News -- GOPUSA

Keep in mind that Nixon was viciously attacked by the media, while Obama is totally and unquestioningly supported by the media.

Holy crap.

Really?

Nixon ran on ending the Vietnam war. He expanded it, thousands of Americans and millions of people in Southeast Asia, died.

That..had a long and lasting impact on the nation, to speak nothing of his multiple attempts to subvert the Democratic process.

Oh my the far left propaganda knows no bounds and the irony and hypocrisy is on full display.

You are just making shit up. You don't even have basic book learn'n about the Vietnam War and Nixon.

With neither of them having been tried/convicted for bribery or theft I'd say it's a tossup. However for number of lies and repetition of each, well, isn't that why the title was changed in 2009 to "Liar-in-Chief"?

If Nixon faced the same Fauxrage from certain news networks, hell there would have been a call for his impeachment for the murder of the 4 students in Ohio by his National Guard.

There were only three major networks in the days of Nixon so what network would that be?

If....... is the most powerful word in the dictionary.

You are just making shit up. You don't even have basic book learn'n about the Vietnam War and Nixon.

President Lyndon B. Johnson announces that he has ordered an increase in U.S. military forces in Vietnam, from the present 75,000 to 125,000. Johnson also said that he would order additional increases if necessary. He pointed out that to fill the increase in military manpower needs, the monthly draft calls would be raised from 17,000 to 35,000. At the same time, Johnson reaffirmed U.S. readiness to seek a negotiated end to the war, and appealed to the United Nations and any of its member states to help further this goal. There was an immediate reaction throughout the world to this latest escalation, with communist leaders attacking Johnson for his decision to send more troops to Vietnam. Most members of Congress were reported to favor Johnson's decision, while most U.S. state governors, convening for their annual conference, also supported a resolution backing Johnson. This decision to send more troops was regarded as a major turning point, as it effectively guaranteed U.S. military leaders a blank check to pursue the war.
Johnson announces more troops to Vietnam ? History.com This Day in History ? 7/28/1965

Don't get me wrong....I couldn't stand Nixon as I was a liberal back in that day. Vietnam was a clusterfuck started years ago before Nixon.

Having said that....This was about Obama being a crook and Nixon being a crook thread....I still stand behind my opinion on this.
You libs seem to be changing the thread because of the attack on Obama.
Obama has lied that affected nearly every American in a negative way.
I can't say that about Nixon, you people want to harp on Vietnam....go ahead, but it didn't affect nearly every American as Obama has.

In fairness, Nixon had a media opponent far more powerful than even a TV network. This hit song became an anthem for the anti-war movement.

Tin soldiers and Nixon coming
We're finaly on our own
This Summer I hear the drumming
Four dead in Ohio
Gotta get down to it
Soldiers are gunning us down
Should have been done long ago
What if you knew her
And saw her dead on the ground
How can you run when you know
Tin soldiers and Nixon coming
We're finaly on our own
This summer I hear the drumming
Four Dead in Ohio

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

President Lyndon B. Johnson announces that he has ordered an increase in U.S. military forces in Vietnam, from the present 75,000 to 125,000. Johnson also said that he would order additional increases if necessary. He pointed out that to fill the increase in military manpower needs, the monthly draft calls would be raised from 17,000 to 35,000. At the same time, Johnson reaffirmed U.S. readiness to seek a negotiated end to the war, and appealed to the United Nations and any of its member states to help further this goal. There was an immediate reaction throughout the world to this latest escalation, with communist leaders attacking Johnson for his decision to send more troops to Vietnam. Most members of Congress were reported to favor Johnson's decision, while most U.S. state governors, convening for their annual conference, also supported a resolution backing Johnson. This decision to send more troops was regarded as a major turning point, as it effectively guaranteed U.S. military leaders a blank check to pursue the war.
Johnson announces more troops to Vietnam ? History.com This Day in History ? 7/28/1965

Don't get me wrong....I couldn't stand Nixon as I was a liberal back in that day. Vietnam was a clusterfuck started years ago before Nixon.

Having said that....This was about Obama being a crook and Nixon being a crook thread....I still stand behind my opinion on this.
I can't say that about Nixon, you people want to harp on Vietnam....go ahead, but it didn't affect nearly every American as Obama has.

I'll ask you again..how? I'll put Vietnam aside for now.

Lets get into specifics.

Like when Nixon issued an executive order to freeze the wages of every American.

Or how about Spiro Agnew having to resign because of the multiple crimes he committed?

You guys hate the EPA, right? That was Nixon.

So go for it.

In fairness, Nixon had a media opponent far more powerful than even a TV network. This hit song became an anthem for the anti-war movement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvg4n8Txgdc]Four Dead in Ohio - YouTube[/ame]

Oh Tricky Dick had a plan for them Damn Hippies too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvg4n8Txgdc]Four Dead in Ohio - YouTube[/ame]

Oh Tricky Dick had a plan for them Damn Hippies too.

And didn't want to go quietly either. He was talking about calling out the national guard to protect his presidency. He had to be talked down from that as well.

Lets get into specifics.

Like when Nixon issued an executive order to freeze the wages of every American.

Or how about Spiro Agnew having to resign because of the multiple crimes he committed?

So go for it.
How did Agnew's crimes in Maryland really affect nearly every American?
He was a crook.....simple as that.

I said it before....I couldn't stand Nixon because I was a liberal back then.
Nixon tried to fight off inflation with the use of the freeze....yes, it froze wages, but also prices. Turned out he was wrong, and it was temporary.

Obama not only mandating insurance but just what kind of insurance Americans can buy with higher deductibles and higher premiums for most.....going forward? Yes, Obama still wins the booby prize.

The EPA was a good thing and we needed it, but it has been morphed with executive orders by Obama to bypass congress.

You people are really against big government intrusion when it was a republican, but you condone big government when it's a democrat. just an observation

Last edited:
We know Nixon better than any President before him or any President since and probably better than any we will know in the future. The egomaniac taped his office and even his most personal and secret conversations are available for our listening entertainment. His racism, scheming, shallowness, dishonesty and warped thinking process are there for all to hear. His suspected malicious deeds and dirty tricks were confirmed as soon as the tapes were released. Only an uneducated person would dare to try and defend Nixon. Not that being uneducated on the topic of Nixon is some terrible thing, but gosh, if a person is going to defend him, shouldn't they have a little knowledge about what those tapes revealed and what it is they are trying to defend?

We know Nixon better than any President before him or any President since and probably better than any we will know in the future. The egomaniac taped his office and even his most personal and secret conversations are available for our listening entertainment. His racism, scheming, shallowness, dishonesty and warped thinking process are there for all to hear. His suspected malicious deeds and dirty tricks were confirmed as soon as the tapes were released. Only an uneducated person would dare to try and defend Nixon. Not that being uneducated on the topic of Nixon is some terrible thing, but gosh, if a person is going to defend him, shouldn't they have a little knowledge about what those tapes revealed and what it is they are trying to defend?

If you're talking to me, I'm not defending. He did have a screw loose, he should never have been president, IMO.
But those 18 min. that are missing from the tapes? Arlo Guthrie claimed it was his song "Alice's Restaurant".

Lets get into specifics.

So go for it.

Oh my the far left hypocrisy just rolls on.

They bash Nixon and praise Obama.

If you're talking to me, I'm not defending. He did have a screw loose, he should never have been president, IMO.
But those 18 min. that are missing from the tapes? Arlo Guthrie claimed it was his song "Alice's Restaurant".

You can be anything that you want, but comparing an old President like Nixon whose history is such an open book to a President like Obama who hasn't even completed his term is nothing more than litter. It's like dumping trash in a ravine and getting caught.

You can be anything that you want, but comparing an old President like Nixon whose history is such an open book to a President like Obama who hasn't even completed his term is nothing more than litter. It's like dumping trash in a ravine and getting caught.
Hmmmmm, in other words...republican president and big government bad.
Democrat president and big government good. got it :eusa_whistle:

Big government is big government and you don't need years to evaluate big government, it is what it is.
You don't have to wait for a piece of paper being thrown out of a car to hit the ground before you call it litter.

Forum List

Back