Obama wants to cut taxes

Tax reductions coupled with more spending?

If the Republicans offered Obama a tax proposal that included all of his ideas with no new spending, he would probably accept it.

I shudder at the idea of implementing all of Obama's tax ideas. However, even if Obama signed such a bill, demands for more spending would follow immediately.

Now where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, immigration reform. It is as lame in this case as it is in that.

If the Republicans offered Obama a tax proposal that included all of his ideas with no new spending, he would probably accept it.

I shudder at the idea of implementing all of Obama's tax ideas. However, even if Obama signed such a bill, demands for more spending would follow immediately.

Now where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, immigration reform. It is as lame in this case as it is in that.

What's lame about understanding Obama's and the Democrat Party's past behavior?

Corporations own business jets, not private jets. Why shouldn't they be deductible?

They can fly coach.

The time of corporate executives is valuable. They often need to visit numerous company facilities in a single day. Business jets are a legitimate business expense. The fact that libturds like to vilify their use only proves that they are unprincipled demagogues.

What's the catch?

The catch? Getting rid of tax deductions for private jets.

Corporations own business jets, not private jets. Why shouldn't they be deductible?

Republican senator defends tax breaks for corporate jet owners | The Raw Story
Private corporate jets can be written off as a business expense for seven years, while commercial jets can only be written off for five years.

One more good reason there for Obama to rid in the middle seat on coach flights to and from his Hawaiian golfing vacations! His time certainly is NOT valuable in the slightest. Just expensive.

They can fly coach.

The time of corporate executives is valuable. They often need to visit numerous company facilities in a single day. Business jets are a legitimate business expense. The fact that libturds like to vilify their use only proves that they are unprincipled demagogues.

No one needs to prove you're a moron. Such truths are self evident.

They can fly coach.

No one needs to prove you're a moron. Such truths are self evident.

Yes, it's self-evident that you're an unprincipled scumbag. Your claims about business jets, on the other hand, are pure moonshine.

Last edited:
Obama wants to cut corporate tax rates from 35% to 28%. And down to 25% for manufacturing firms.

Why haven't the Republicans accepted this?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/31/u...-corporate-tax-rate-as-part-of-jobs-deal.html

Obama Renews Corporate Tax Reform Proposals

Obama: Cut the Corporate Tax Rate to Help the Poor | Tax Foundation

Because you're not presenting the whole story, he wants massive tax increases in return, and new taxes that open even more power to government.

You're a truly dishonest person to present this crap as the whole story. If he just wanted to cut taxes, then we'd be all over it. So is your leader.

Because you're not presenting the whole story, he wants massive tax increases in return, and new taxes that open even more power to government.

You're a truly dishonest person to present this crap as the whole story. If he just wanted to cut taxes, then we'd be all over it. So is your leader.

Cutting tax loopholes equals raising taxes?

Wow.

Perhaps if you looked into what he wants in exchange for the tax cut, you could answer your own question.

He wants to cut wastefull loopholes such as for private jets. And he wants to get rid of tax breaks that help companies move jobs out of the USA.

Do you want more Americans to have jobs or not?

What tax 'breaks'?
The final analysis is this: if these so called breaks are to be eliminated, major portions of the tax code would have to be changed. Few in the legislative branch are willing to go down that road.
Here's an example. Ingersol-Rand. This is a large Corp that "left" the US and set corp offices in Bermuda. This company realizes a tax savings of $40 million.
If US Corp taxes were lowered, IR would no doubt still be incorporated here.
Now, this does not mean IR took manufacturing out of the US and jobs with it.
. The Company HQ is in Davidson, NC.

What's the catch?

The catch? Getting rid of tax deductions for private jets.

I think the question should be, why should they be deductible. Quite frankly, if a business chooses to make such purchases, the business should be willing to foot the entire bill.
Now, in the case where an expense or purchase helps enhance business, increase production, etc, then yes, by all means it should be deductible. Why? Because that expense will pay for itself, then permit the business to increase profits which translate to more income. More income means more revenue to respective governments. That would be one definition of a 'win-win'.
A company aircraft so the brass doesn't have to suffer the indignity of commercial air travel to get to the golf junket in Hawaii? Hell no.

Cutting tax loopholes equals raising taxes?

Wow.

That's not the whole story. I posted a couple paragraphs from the story you linked.
I would imagine you did not bother to read them.
This is an old plan repackaged. Looks to me like a political ploy.
The obedient MSM gets its marching orders from the White House to go report " Obama wants to cut the corp tax rate"....True, but not accurate.
Of course you being an Obama true believer, latch onto the blurb.
Nice try.

Tax reductions coupled with more spending?

:lmao:

Republicans, at least for the most part don't think like Marxists? What you suggest is impossible. :)

So what you are suggesting is that if Republicans would give Obama everything he wants and do everything he wants, no questions asked, he would approve. That is really good to know. I will have to make a note of that. .... This is earth shattering. Let me contemplate this over maybe 4 hours more of snow removal, where the importance and significance of this finding can be better reviewed. Nothing like running a snow blower in 8 - 12 inches of new snow, in sleet and high winds to sort the right tone for serious contemplation. Again. Thanks for sharing. :) Profound reasoning.

Forum List

Back